Do You Think Goldman Should Have Made The List?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trubisky as number 1? Pace NEEDS Trubisky to be his best pick, but Trubisky hasn't shown that he is that yet so not sure why he's even on the list, tbh. Howard should definitely be number 1 and I'd put Goldman on the list. The rest of the guys are debatable, but warranted.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
For me, I gotta go with

1- Jordan Howard
2- Eddie Goldman
3- Cody Whitehair
4- Tariq Cohen
5- tie between Amos and Jackson

Trubisky has a lot of potential, but give the positional importance, if he isn't great then it wasn't worth the pick. There is a long way to go for him, and I'm patient with draftees, but it's going to be another two or three years before we see whether or not he was worth the pick.

Cohen and Jackson have only had one year of impact, but teams had all year to figure them out and they continued to perform. As long as they don't perform worse, they can only be viewed as steals. Amos is finally in his groove now that he isn't asked to play center field too often, so he's right up there with Jackson on one year of performance.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Amos out played them both. He was the 2nd best S in the NFL last year. Goldman should be on the list but not Cohen.
Using a PFF "grade" as gospel...

laugh.gif

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I have no problem with Trubs being on the list. When the trained eye like myself and the author can see greatness, then you know why he is on the list.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It is nice to think that Pace has more than 5 good picks still on the team... :thinking:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Amos out played them both. He was the 2nd best S in the NFL last year. Goldman should be on the list but not Cohen.

I’m not basing it off who had the best 2018. If that was the true then Trubisky won’t be on the list. I baseing it off Paces best draft picks. Cohen is a lightening rod and will be a league star. Goldman is a wrecking ball.

I’m not saying Amos isn’t good but before the 2017 season he wasn’t even a starter anymore. He has been in the league for several years and still cant create turnovers. He plays soft and safe. That okay and he was a good draft pick but not in my top 5.

I would love to see some, at least one, of his picks turning into All-Pros really soon. Right now his picks haven’t turned into wins.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amos seems to be in the right position a lot and rarely makes mistakes but he never makes a WOW play.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I’m not basing it off who had the best 2018. If that was the true then Trubisky won’t be on the list. I baseing it off Paces best draft picks. Cohen is a lightening rod and will be a league star. Goldman is a wrecking ball.

I’m not saying Amos isn’t good but before the 2017 season he wasn’t even a starter anymore. He has been in the league for several years and still cant create turnovers. He plays soft and safe. That okay and he was a good draft pick but not in my top 5.

I would love to see some, at least one, of his picks turning into All-Pros really soon. Right now his picks haven’t turned into wins.

Amos has played one year at his natural position SS. And he is still young and improving. Cohen is not even a starter. I like Cohen and think he is gonna be real fun to have but I expect only 10 touches a game. Cohen would not make my top 5 based on his spot play only. Talent wise Cohen is in my top 5 for sure.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Amos has played one year at his natural position SS. And he is still young and improving. Cohen is not even a starter. I like Cohen and think he is gonna be real fun to have but I expect only 10 touches a game. Cohen would not make my top 5 based on his spot play only. Talent wise Cohen is in my top 5 for sure.

Fair enough...he was definitely playing out of position. Yes it’s exciting to see what he does in his 2nd yr at SS. Still think for talent, potential, and upside Cohen was a Pace top 5. It’s a good convo tho.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It is nice to think that Pace has more than 5 good picks still on the team... :thinking:

But none of them, at this time, are actually difference makers --> Pro Bowl quality players who can take the team to the next level. That can still happen and I suspect it will with a couple of them. This team needs difference makers to turn the corner and hit the next level. I am praying Trubs is that guy.