Bears favored in just three games heading into 2018

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The Bears got better but so did other teams and I declare that’s not fair!

I really hate this line of thinking, as it shows just how clueless some are in regards to the NFL in the salary cap era. It is much easier for the worse teams to get better than it is for the better teams. And for the top teams, even maintaining your talent level is practically impossible....unless you're the Patriots.

The Bears improved more than every other team in our division. Will it be enough to overtake a team or two this season? We Will see. But we will NOT be a doormat any longer. That is certain.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hate this line of thinking, as it shows just how clueless some are in regards to the NFL in the salary cap era. It is much easier for the worse teams to get better than it is for the better teams. And for the top teams, even maintaining your talent level is practically impossible....unless you're the Patriots.

The Bears improved more than every other team in our division. Will it be enough to overtake a team or two this season? We Will see. But we will NOT be a doormat any longer. That is certain.

By what metric are you measuring this, before playing a single game? I am not aware of any major departures in the conference, and GB alone gets back Rodgers and picked up Jimmy Graham. Vikings got Cousins, Wilkerson, and get back a healthy Delvin Cook. Lions may actually have a run game. The other conference teams didn't do a major overhaul of their WR corps, because they didn't have too.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
By what metric are you measuring this, before playing a single game? I am not aware of any major departures in the conference, and GB alone gets back Rodgers and picked up Jimmy Graham. Vikings got Cousins, Wilkerson, and get back a healthy Delvin Cook. Lions may actually have a run game. The other conference teams didn't do a major overhaul of their WR corps, because they didn't have too.

Are you seriously that desperate to argue something? On paper they improved more than any team in the NFC north. On paper. As he mentioned that may or may not translate to wins.

The bears had the most room for improvement of any team in the NFC north... they had no receivers, a worthless HC, and a bad OC. They had the highest draft picks of any team in the NFC north.

Do you think any other team in the NFC north made bigger HC or any coaching improvements?

Would you not agree that the bears had a larger offensive overhaul than any team in the north?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you seriously that desperate to argue something? On paper they improved more than any team in the NFC north. On paper. As he mentioned that may or may not translate to wins.

The bears had the most room for improvement of any team in the NFC north... they had no receivers, a worthless HC, and a bad OC. They had the highest draft picks of any team in the NFC north.

Do you think any other team in the NFC north made bigger HC or any coaching improvements?

Would you not agree that the bears had a larger offensive overhaul than any team in the north?

He's a Lions fan so....................

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It's all subjective, tbh. Vikings and GB had good offseasons as well and you can't ignore that. Like nc0gnet0 mentioned, picking up Cousin and adding Wilkerson, plus they've signed some of their young D players to big contracts. Didn't lose much of anything on offense besides maybe McKinnon. Added DeFilipo to their coaching staff. Good off season for them.

GB added a couple really good young CBs plus the addition of Jimmy.

Bears obviously had the biggest overhaul, but new coaching staff, young QB in a new system with new WRs, we really have no idea how it's going to look. It could be a complete disaster for awhile or they might jump out and surprise a few teams.

I think the Vikings off season might have been the best in the division. You're fooling yourself if you think adding Cousins over Keenum isn't a major improvement for that offense plus their defense is filthy. That team is going to be real good. Bears might be 'most improved' but the Vikings improved on an already really solid team unfortunately for the Bears.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It's all subjective, tbh. Vikings and GB had good offseasons as well and you can't ignore that. Like nc0gnet0 mentioned, picking up Cousin and adding Wilkerson, plus they've signed some of their young D players to big contracts. Didn't lose much of anything on offense besides maybe McKinnon. Added DeFilipo to their coaching staff. Good off season for them.

GB added a couple really good young CBs plus the addition of Jimmy.

Bears obviously had the biggest overhaul, but new coaching staff, young QB in a new system with new WRs, we really have no idea how it's going to look. It could be a complete disaster for awhile or they might jump out and surprise a few teams.

I think the Vikings off season might have been the best in the division. You're fooling yourself if you think adding Cousins over Keenum isn't a major improvement for that offense plus their defense is filthy. That team is going to be real good. Bears might be 'most improved' but the Vikings improved on an already really solid team unfortunately for the Bears.

I really am just not sold on cousins at this point. Of course the Vikings are still a better team and they had less improvements that needed to be made. The mo Wilkerson addition was of course great. They did lose pat shurmur though, and imo that really is a hit to that team.

The packers off season really is curious. They made quite a few changes and we will see how the DC change helps them. They traded away their CB 1 (I think?) Damarious Randall for kizer. They grabbed 2 CB’s with their first two picks. I personally think that is a pretty damn risky move but we will see how it pans out.

The bears had the most to gain of any team in the NFC north and yes it is subjective but imo they easily made the most improvements.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s a lions fan that pretends to be an ‘unbiased’ logical thinker. In the end he’s just a dumb lions fan.

I really am just not sold on cousins at this point. Of course the Vikings are still a better team and they had less improvements that needed to be made. The mo Wilkerson addition was of course great. They did lose pat shurmur though, and imo that really is a hit to that team.

The packers off season really is curious. They made quite a few changes and we will see how the DC change helps them. They traded away their CB 1 (I think?) Damarious Randall for kizer. They grabbed 2 CB’s with their first two picks. I personally think that is a pretty damn risky move but we will see how it pans out.

The bears had the most to gain of any team in the NFC north and yes it is subjective but imo they easily made the most improvements.

And your an internet fool that claims to be a doctor, so there is that. Pay special note to the fact my "Lions fandom" had me paying much more attention to Green Bay and Minnesota than it did the Lions.

On to the next post. First of all, wins is the only metric that matters, the rest is just crapola. Just because the Bears added a pre-injured WR and a few previously 2nd stringers, that to date have been situational, doesn't translate into huge improvements until they materialize on the field. GB getting back AR alone trumps all the additions the Bears made, by itself. Your not sold on Cousins, whose body of work is 100x that of Trubisky? Really? Nagy is already anointed a better HC than Patricia?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
And your an internet fool that claims to be a doctor, so there is that. Pay special note to the fact my "Lions fandom" had me paying much more attention to Green Bay and Minnesota than it did the Lions.

On to the next post. First of all, wins is the only metric that matters, the rest is just crapola. Just because the Bears added a pre-injured WR and a few previously 2nd stringers, that to date have been situational, doesn't translate into huge improvements until they materialize on the field. GB getting back AR alone trumps all the additions the Bears made, by itself. Your not sold on Cousins, whose body of work is 100x that of Trubisky? Really? Nagy is already anointed a better HC than Patricia?

Pretends to be a doctor? I guess they just pay me to pretend, that’s fine. I’ll take it.

Fox was easily the worst head coach in the NFC north, and loggains was easily the worst OC in the NFC north. Loggains compared to shurmer, Jim bob, and McCarthy.... laughable.

Nagy might not be ‘better’ than Patricia but again the Bears had the biggest upgrade. Vikes lost shurmer, pack made a potentially lateral move at DC, and the lions got a guy to help the defense.

Meanwhile bears keep Vic and got Nagy and Helfrich. That’s a massive upgrade from dowell loggains and John fox.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

So are you saying no other team got better this offseason?

I said the bears got better but other teams did too. I didn’t say who improved the most. #readbeforeinsulting.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I cant believe that people actually get paid to put betting odds on games before rosters are even set.