I can’t agrue with his craziness

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He needed the 4th quarter comebacks because his defense was failing and he had no run game.

I know I feel like a Stafford apologist but I’m a football fan too and just not a blind hater of anybody not in a Bears uniform.

Lol...most of those comebacks the defense held teams to under 25 points. It was the Lions offense that stunk most of the time. And Stafford has now had THREE elite QB contracts...and hasn't lived up to any of them.

But have fun rooting for your favorie QB, I guess....

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Lol...most of those comebacks the defense held teams to under 25 points. It was the Lions offense that stunk most of the time. And Stafford has now had THREE elite QB contracts...and hasn't lived up to any of them.

But have fun rooting for your favorie QB, I guess....

Never said he was my fav. I’m just not a blind football fan. I also don’t cherry pick my reading.

So I said no defensive help or RUN game. He had absolutely no run game in any of his comebacks....none at all!

Then you try and make a point about the pts given up, however, do you know anything at 21pts and over per game puts the defense in the bottom have of the league. Everycomeback the defense gave up over 20pts expect to the terrible bears offense who scored 20pts. Which was above their pts per game average. Actually ever game he needed a 4th quarter comeback the team he played score more then their average. One by more then 10pts. The Detroit offense was top 10 in pts scored. Which he needed in every comeback.

He had a passer rating at or near 100 in every comeback last year. Just sayin.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last season Detroit vs Bengals week 16 Lions lost to the Bengals and were eliminated from playoff contention. The Lions were flat, poor leadership, thanks Stafford, a very winnable game.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Never said he was my fav. I’m just not a blind football fan. I also don’t cherry pick my reading.

So I said no defensive help or RUN game. He had absolutely no run game in any of his comebacks....none at all!

Then you try and make a point about the pts given up, however, do you know anything at 21pts and over per game puts the defense in the bottom have of the league. Everycomeback the defense gave up over 20pts expect to the terrible bears offense who scored 20pts. Which was above their pts per game average. Actually ever game he needed a 4th quarter comeback the team he played score more then their average. One by more then 10pts. The Detroit offense was top 10 in pts scored. Which he needed in every comeback.

He had a passer rating at or near 100 in every comeback last year. Just sayin.

Ok...like I said, you obviously didn't follow the Lions like I have in the past, so I'll try to,help you a bit...ok?

When your offense routinely goes 3 and out (or close to it) for most of 3 quarters, a defense is goijg to get tired out. Especially if they are not a top Ievel defense like the Lions. And why dont they have a good defense? Because their QB is takng up a HUGE portion of theur cap.

And second, if you think passer rating is the be all, end all stat....you definitely should be a Lions fan. Here's something for you to research, since you didn't watch the games...go look up Stafford's rating and the Lions offnsive output in the first 3 quarters of those comeback games. ,Oh.....might want to look at the quality of opponents those comebacks were against as well.

I'm glad Stafford is Detroit's problem, and not ours. He is the main reason why I'm a Bears fan today...

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
MpKtvy8.gif

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Ok...like I said, you obviously didn't follow the Lions like I have in the past, so I'll try to,help you a bit...ok?

When your offense routinely goes 3 and out (or close to it) for most of 3 quarters, a defense is goijg to get tired out. Especially if they are not a top Ievel defense like the Lions. And why dont they have a good defense? Because their QB is takng up a HUGE portion of theur cap.

And second, if you think passer rating is the be all, end all stat....you definitely should be a Lions fan. Here's something for you to research, since you didn't watch the games...go look up Stafford's rating and the Lions offnsive output in the first 3 quarters of those comeback games. ,Oh.....might want to look at the quality of opponents those comebacks were against as well.

I'm glad Stafford is Detroit's problem, and not ours. He is the main reason why I'm a Bears fan today...

So you are a fan of a team based on the QB of another team?? That’s a fucking classic!

At no point did I ever say that QBR was the “do all end all”. It’s called totality. I have followed plenty of Lions games. Of course there are going to be 3 and outs when you have absolutely no run game! He did beat some good defenses, one of them being the top 10 Bears.

Detroit was 22nd in the league last year in 3 and outs. So that’s not the problem.

I hate having to argue for a rival QB but you can’t say he isn’t a top 10 QB in the league. He’s on pace for HOF stats. He has carried that franchise for years. They have been relevant the last couple years based on his play alone. I hope he falls in his face but you can’t turn a blind eye on what he has accomplished on a shitty team.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So you are a fan of a team based on the QB of another team?? That’s a fucking classic!

At no point did I ever say that QBR was the “do all end all”. It’s called totality. I have followed plenty of Lions games. Of course there are going to be 3 and outs when you have absolutely no run game! He did beat some good defenses, one of them being the top 10 Bears.

Detroit was 22nd in the league last year in 3 and outs. So that’s not the problem.

I hate having to argue for a rival QB but you can’t say he isn’t a top 10 QB in the league. He’s on pace for HOF stats. He has carried that franchise for years. They have been relevant the last couple years based on his play alone. I hope he falls in his face but you can’t turn a blind eye on what he has accomplished on a shitty team.

I stand by the fact Stafford is more the Lions problem than their savior.

I will have to just quote the title of this thread in dealing with this stupid topic...