Anthony Miller

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Miller will be our top receiver for this season yardage-wise. I'm predicting around 1,000 yards and 8 TDs for him. The only reason he won't get more yardage is that there are other weapons on the team.

I'm expecting a lot of dink and dunk and quick throws from the offense this year. They're not gonna leave Trubs hung out to dry while waiting for downfield plays to develop. Also, Miller is tough to bring down so I expect alot of short passes turned in 10-15 yard gains. AR, White, and Gabriel will become more downfield decoys to spread the defense out.

Here's how I see the yardage breakdown:

Miller 1,000 yards
AR 800-900 yards
White (if not injured) 400-500
Gabriel 400
Burton 500
Cohen 300
Howard 200

That's around 3,800 yards passing give-or-take. Approximately 25 TDs mostly to AR, Burton, and Miller. 6-8 TDs each.

Where's Shaheen? Cohen with only 300 yards rec.? Crazy. I don't know who will show up or not. This team has so many options this year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I pretty much stopped fucking with him since he stopped posting like back when he was new. Its kind of odd though that he went from super critical to homer. Didn't see that coming. I guess he really just hated the Trestman/Emery era that much.

I think the 'I'm leaving if' series and then continuing to post without a break or any recognition still hangs over him.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Where's Shaheen? Cohen with only 300 yards rec.? Crazy. I don't know who will show up or not. This team has so many options this year.

Forgot all about Shaheen. He and Burton will probably split around 700 yards. Yards will come out of Gabriel and White.

If we didn't have Miller, I would give Cohen more yards. But I think the presence of Miller will relegate Cohen to "gimmick" yards. At most, Cohen can probably get 400 yards.

The good thing about this team this year is if AR or White or Miller go down, we have other options and not be stuck with forcing Bellamy into the WR1 position. We're really going to surprise the league this year. We'll make the playoffs with a 10-6 record.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
I think Burton matters more to the offense than Miller for sure. He's coming into a starting role after being a third string option. He's coming in to play the Kelce role, so a centerpiece of the offense. I expect him to ball out but if he doesn't, that would not be great for Nagy's offense as a whole.

I'm still amazed at how many (unproven) weapons we have on this team. Listing them off feels good in this preseason golden hour where anything is possible. The contrast between last year and this year is colossal.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Am I missing something here? Neither Robinson nor Gabriel will be playing the slot receiver role much if at all. Burton would be the only person who would take away slot receiver snaps from Miller. I already am expecting Miller to be a regular contributor on offense.

For me, I wouldn't be surprised if Miller is the number 1 receiver early on as Robinson starts a little slow to the season (then picks up the stats as the season goes along). Miller was my favorite receiver in the draft and I see him having a big year.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I'm all on the Miller hype train and very confident in his projection over the next few years. I'm hopeful he can have a good productive season as a rookie.

People projecting a rookie slot WR to have 1K yards and 8TD are in for a reality check though. Most top end rookies even take a couple years to produce those numbers. I think the kids special, but it takes time in the NFL as history shows.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Miller will be our top receiver for this season yardage-wise. I'm predicting around 1,000 yards and 8 TDs for him. The only reason he won't get more yardage is that there are other weapons on the team.

I'm expecting a lot of dink and dunk and quick throws from the offense this year. They're not gonna leave Trubs hung out to dry while waiting for downfield plays to develop. Also, Miller is tough to bring down so I expect alot of short passes turned in 10-15 yard gains. AR, White, and Gabriel will become more downfield decoys to spread the defense out.

Here's how I see the yardage breakdown:

Miller 1,000 yards
AR 800-900 yards
White (if not injured) 400-500
Gabriel 400
Burton 500
Cohen 300
Howard 200

That's around 3,800 yards passing give-or-take. Approximately 25 TDs mostly to AR, Burton, and Miller. 6-8 TDs each.

I think if they get All those quick-hitting plays Synchronized..... Screens, Slot utilizing Miller and Cohen.... WE ARE GONNA SEE Mr Accurate with downfield lead throws to Gabriel and Robinson

I am so fuckin jazzed this year I can't wait to see their scheme unfold July 26-29 at Bourbonnais

....I even bought a GoPro Hero to get a buncha video BUT I know jack shit about postin it

If anybody here knows what the fuck to do to post video here from a GoPro Pls respond in thread or PM ... TIA

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I'm all on the Miller hype train and very confident in his projection over the next few years. I'm hopeful he can have a good productive season as a rookie.

People projecting a rookie slot WR to have 1K yards and 8TD are in for a reality check though. Most top end rookies even take a couple years to produce those numbers. I think the kids special, but it takes time in the NFL as history shows.

I think there are a lot of weapons on the team to spread the numbers around. Cohen is like having an additional receiver on the roster.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I like Miller but I'm surprised at how many people think he will out perform Allen Robinson. Miller is a rookie that could be sharing time with others in the slot such as cohen and gabriel.

AR is the #1 receiver and I'm definitely expecting him to come out and be the #1 guy this year.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Idk which AR we're getting

The one where Blake Bortles isn't the QB. I know Trubisky has proven absolutely nothing in this league, but Bortles has proven that he is a liability to his team that can't be relied upon to win games.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Burton matters more to the offense than Miller for sure. He's coming into a starting role after being a third string option. He's coming in to play the Kelce role, so a centerpiece of the offense. I expect him to ball out but if he doesn't, that would not be great for Nagy's offense as a whole.

I'm still amazed at how many (unproven) weapons we have on this team. Listing them off feels good in this preseason golden hour where anything is possible. The contrast between last year and this year is colossal.

Don't confuse Nagy's offense with the Chiefs' offense. The Chiefs' offense was catered to their players. They didn't have an Allen Robinson on their roster and instead featured Travis Kelce. I don't expect Burton to be featured more than Robinson. Nagy should be tailoring his offense around his personnel not the other way around. Otherwise we are pretty well fucked.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Miller but I'm surprised at how many people think he will out perform Allen Robinson. Miller is a rookie that could be sharing time with others in the slot such as cohen and gabriel.

AR is the #1 receiver and I'm definitely expecting him to come out and be the #1 guy this year.

Gabriel is not a slot receiver. People only keep saying this because he is short.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Gabriel is not a slot receiver. People only keep saying this because he is short.

I know he’s not. Doesn’t mean that Gabriel won’t potentially get some snaps from the slot. This isn’t a knock on Miller by any means. But they could also run some TE’s out of the slot. The kid is a rookie.

Allen Robinson should be an irreplaceable asset as #1 WR.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think Miller will be the starting 2 by midseason. Gabe is a situational player and KW can't stay healthy.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm expecting big things from Miller as a rookie. I think he could be in line for 60 catches, 700-800 ish yards. Think of Nelson Agholor's role/numbers in Philly. All the signs point to him being a solid contributor. Former walk-on, so the work ethic is there. High volume receiver at Memphis with a couple 100+ catch seasons. Ideal fit for the slot, as he's tough over the middle and after the catch. I think it's going to be hard to keep him off the field, and he'll get a shot with Robinson likely to not come back to a top notch WR right away and Gabriel being limited size-wise.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Everyone so hyped up about a rookie. Miller may not get many touches, or even much playing time, especially early on. AR, Burton, Cohen, Gabriel, and maybe even Shaheen will get more touches than him.

Howard could get as many passes thrown to him as Miller does.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone so hyped up about a rookie. Miller may not get many touches, or even much playing time, especially early on. AR, Burton, Cohen, Gabriel, and maybe even Shaheen will get more touches than him.

Howard could get as many passes thrown to him as Miller does.

I'd wait a few weeks into TC before making any predictions.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'd wait a few weeks into TC before making any predictions.

1) he is a rookie from a smaller football program
2) he is learning a complex offense, with lots of pre and post snap reads.
3) AR, Burton, and Gabriel are all talented veterans we paid a lot for, and will learn the offense easier.
4) Cohen and Shaheen have skill sets no one else on the offense does.

Miller is for the future...not for this season. If ppl are expecting him to be a major force this season....youre most likely going to be disappointed...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) he is a rookie from a smaller football program
2) he is learning a complex offense, with lots of pre and post snap reads.
3) AR, Burton, and Gabriel are all talented veterans we paid a lot for, and will learn the offense easier.
4) Cohen and Shaheen have skill sets no one else on the offense does.

Miller is for the future...not for this season. If ppl are expecting him to be a major force this season....youre most likely going to be disappointed...

The obvious thing is how well he adapts to the NFL, TC will give the staff an idea of his learning curve, which is an unknown. Most rooks are started slow once the games start and playing time is increased if warranted. I don't agree with the premise of him being a rookie meaning he can't be a productive piece of the passing game. Let him prove it in camp.