bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trubisky--

Has he shown promise? Yes, at times
Has he shown that he could be a bust? Yes, more often than he has shown flashes of brilliance

Still plenty of evaluation needed but as of now he needs a big step forward this season. Any season-long regression would indicate he isn't a franchise QB

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd hope that we just want to see MT perform at a winning level. I don't think ppl. wanna see or hear cutler-excuses when he doesn't perform.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to already hear " well he doesn't have the experience, he only started 1 yr. in college".

Yeah this one really annoys me. If his inexperience is so great and so limiting that he can't reasonably be expected to perform at a high level in his second NFL year then you shouldn't have used the second overall pick on him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah this one really annoys me. If his inexperience is so great and so limiting that he can't reasonably be expected to perform at a high level in his second NFL year then you shouldn't have used the second overall pick on him.

And this vomment really annoys me. Foolish to demand a QB with Trubisky's experience to play at a "high level" (I'm guessing for you, that means as good as Watson pre-injury?)

As long as he progresses this year, it will be a good sign for the future. And please don't bring up stats from last year under Fox/Loggains as a rebuttal. That would be beyond annoying....

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And this vomment really annoys me. Foolish to demand a QB with Trubisky's experience to play at a "high level" (I'm guessing for you, that means as good as Watson pre-injury?)

As long as he progresses this year, it will be a good sign for the future. And please don't bring up stats from last year under Fox/Loggains as a rebuttal. That would be beyond annoying....

Second overall picks should generally be NFL ready players. Year two if they're inexperienced and need a year behind a starter. If they're in year two and have already started most of their first year, yes, a second overall pick should be expected to play at a high level. Not like Watson before the injury; I said a high level not an MVP level.

And once again someone else brings up Watson out of nowhere, yet I supposedly can't stop taking about him. I think we've seen enough of this that my point has been proven. You homers have the Watson obsession, not me.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
. You homers have the Watson obsession, not me.

LOL. You bash Trubs every chance you get and praise Watson every chance you get. Let's at least be honest. You say you want Mitch to do well and you are just being realistic, but there is much more to it and we all see that. No biggie the QB s themselves will sort it out from here. I do honestly believe Mitch will become a very good QB. Watson I don't care about either way but I don't see his style of play fitting well into this league. Only time will tell.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

well this is really a dumb way to build a team that is in full rebuild mode. Who cares about year 2? So if Pace thinks that MT could be an elite QB but it will take a little longer for his development then who cares, get the right QB is all that matters.

Lets do a hypothetical with your fav QB watson.

So if pace is evaluating both and knows that Watson is the better QB for the first couple of years but thinks that MT and Watson will both be about the same by year 3, but also thinks that there is a very high chance that Watson will be out of the league due to injury by year 4. Whats the better option? having a great QB for 10 years but the first few years there is a lot of growing pains, VS great success for the first 2 or 3 years and then your back looking for another QB?

If the Bears where just a QB away from winning the superbowl then I can understand the win now idea. But the Bears have been a terrible team for years now and have been rebuilding for the future.. so get the QB that is built for the future..

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I hate to jump into a Watson debate, but the speculation that he will be out of the league in 4 years is as a shot in the dark as Trubisky turning into a good QB.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd hope that we just want to see MT perform at a winning level. I don't think ppl. wanna see or hear cutler-excuses when he doesn't perform.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to already hear " well he doesn't have the experience, he only started 1 yr. in college".
Bears fans want Bears player to perform well.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What conclusions have been drawn?

Someone saying they haven't seen a ton from Mitch to be overly positive about or not being sold on him being a franchise guy yet isn't a conclusion..it's an in process evaluation contingent on the current evidence at their disposal.

Many have concluded MT is not as good as Watson, Mahomes, etc.... fact is, no one knows yet. Or that MT eats to many sacks. Which given last year’s team, no one knows what will happen this year. Or that Pace reached for MT but it is too early to know that as fact. Come on, you post enough to know good and well what some people have posted.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We new that camp was going to be up and down for Trubisky.

-New coach
-New system
-New weapons at most spots

When you add that to the fact that Mitch still only has 13 starts in college and 12 in the NFL. He was also playing in a Fisher Price offense last season.

As he gets more comfortable and gets on the same page with the WRs it will continue to get better.

I know I am super late to this thread but the only difference between Windy's post here and Mick's is that Mick QUALIFIES whether it will get better or not by saying it may but he doesn't have any reason to believe it will. I tend to agree as I need more evidence before I can have much hope. I think some posters here crying out that Mick is trolling is unfair to him imo

Also, FirstTimer, if you ever log back on and read this, it was good to see you - even if only for a little bit.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I know I am super late to this thread but the only difference between Windy's post here and Mick's is that Mick QUALIFIES whether it will get better or not by saying it may but he doesn't have any reason to believe it will. I tend to agree as I need more evidence before I can have much hope. I think some posters here crying out that Mick is trolling is unfair to him imo

Also, FirstTimer, if you ever log back on and read this, it was good to see you - even if only for a little bit.

This is the sad state of CCS. Any opinion that does not look at the Bears in a positive light gets called a troll or hater and will be dismissed by the masses despite providing evidence to why one would feel that way. So the differing opinions either start to post less on CCS or embrace the troll tag they have been given which eventually either gets them banned (perm or temp) or disqualifies any future opinion they may have.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is the sad state of CCS. Any opinion that does not look at the Bears in a positive light gets called a troll or hater and will be dismissed by the masses despite providing evidence to why one would feel that way. So the differing opinions either start to post less on CCS or embrace the troll tag they have been given which eventually either gets them banned (perm or temp) or disqualifies any future opinion they may have.

This here, 100%

The irony is that the guy who gives out the bans doesn't even post about the Bears, and I'm not even convinced that he actually likes sports.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't remember the last positive or negative thread that didn't turn in to the standard homer vs hater shitfest.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not all of them. Misery loves company and some fans love to complain.
The idea that Bears fans (many of us who have been fans for over thirty years) want the Bears to lose so that they can complain on a message board is, in a strong field, the single most inane of the running narratives on this forum.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The idea that Bears fans (many of us who have been fans for over thirty years) want the Bears to lose so that they can complain on a message board is, in a strong field, the single most inane of the running narratives on this forum.

Come on mick, it makes total sense. We follow the bears year round hoping the bears will lose to bitch anonymously on the internet

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Come on mick, it makes total sense. We follow the bears year round hoping the bears will lose to bitch anonymously on the internet
It's like the people who say you hate America because you disagree with their politics. Same logic. Dumb as shit.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question....if you overly criticize the Bears does that make you left or right wing football ideologically.........

finding everything wrong with the Bears and overly nitpicking may make you a left wing Bears fan..........

also if you overly criticize the Bears and you are a fan of another team does that make you a left wing foreigner?

is nc0gnet0 the equivalent of a leftist european......wait he's a detroit fan.....leftist banana republic