IST: Cubs @ Pirates

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
I just confirmed that both the MLB website and the broadcasters' pitch trackers come from the same raw data. At the start of the 5th, here, both of them started showing the pitches about two feet higher than where they were actually located. After a couple of at-bats with such a preposterous pitch track, the Cubs feed just stopped displaying it. The pitch locations on the MLB Gameday page were still showing about two feet higher than where they really were throughout the rest of the inning, though.

For anyone stuck watching the Pittsburgh broadcast, do they have a pitch tracker? If so, is it way off, too?

edit: It suddenly occurred to me that, what with this Extra Innings package, I could check the Pirates broadcast. If they usually show a pitch tracker, they're not doing so now. And the online pitch tracker is still way off. It's just fine in-and-out, but like I said, consistently about two feet or so high; a ball that was called a strike at the top of the zone showed up as being above the batter's head. Curious...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
All I have right now is this website, and the Cubs' official website. The official website said nothing beyond "rain delay" right up until it changed from Delayed Start to Warmup in its label on the Gameday page.

Where did you see that projected start time? On the Cubs Twitter feed or something?
Yes on twitter...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Good thing the pitching showed up to Pittsburgh cause the bats havent

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Wow -- five double plays in seven innings. The MLB record is seven in a regulation 9-inning game, so the Cubs could yet tie that record.

Also, one HELL of a performance from the rotation! Lester gave us six no-run innings last night, and Hamels gave us seven tonight. Man, that is just what the doctor ordered!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Heyward looks like he farther off the plate again, like he was earlier when he wasn't hitting as well

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Happ can really suck, can’t he?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Followed by a base hit.
Why is he attempting to steal third against Cervelli with a lefty batting?
He needssome brain cells.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
And, here we go, giving up the one-out single, setting up another inning-ending double play.

Hear me, boys? Get another inning-ending double play, here...

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Hoo boy! Good thing the call on the field was Out, because there wasn't enough to overturn. Barely.

Six double plays in eight innings... I believe they said that's a new Cubs team record. They have a chance to tie the all-time record in the 9th.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
6 DPs

Love to see them tie the record but it just a 1 run game, dont wanna give them a baserunner...lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hoo boy! Good thing the call on the field was Out, because there wasn't enough to overturn. Barely.

Six double plays in eight innings... I believe they said that's a new Cubs team record. They have a chance to tie the all-time record in the 9th.

I think I'd rather see a 1, 2, 3 ninth.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings