If Kirk Cousins goes down week 1, could be bears be considered favorites to win North

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If Cousins, Rodgers and Stafford all go down for the season in Week 1, the Bears *might* be division favorites.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yeah i just think all this talk of the Bears being or doing what the Rams did in 2017 is so premature and puts a ton of pressure on Trubisky mentally. I'd be happy with 5-6-7 wins this year as long as Trubisky shows he's growing and this team plays hard and looks like they're growing in this Nagy system and Nagy doesn't look like a moron as a first time HC.

I wouldn't exactly be happy with that result this season (I think 9-7 is possible), but it would create excitement for going into next season, and deservedly so

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
OP doesn’t watch football.

MIN 12-4
GB. 11-5
Lions 6-10
Bears 5-11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Cousins, Rodgers and Stafford all go down for the season in Week 1, the Bears *might* be division favorites.

Eh, Detroit can suck with or without Stat Padford

hello

Liked Posts:
As it stands right now, the Vikings have the best overall roster in the division, but I think GB wins the most games because of a slightly easier schedule(Vikes play Eagles and Saints whereas GB gets Atlanta and Washington). The division itself has a pretty nice schedule with them facing the AFCE and NFCW. 2 very weak divisions with only 1 legitimate team in both of them(Patriots and Rams)

Honestly, the hype the Niners are getting all offseason really should be going to the Bears. I'm still not really sold on the Niners overall roster right now, at least not in comparison to the Bears roster. I think Chicago end up around .500 this season and finish in 3rd . I expect the Lions to regress big time. They have easily the least talented defense in the division

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm still trying to figure out how Mitch-a-palooza is going to be a top 10 qb this year.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Bears are getting better in every facet of the game from the talent on the field to the staff. That is all that matters.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it’s hypothetical of course.

Let’s start with the vikings by losing cousins that puts simeon as the starting qb. Keenum was a good game manager with good ball placement, simeon is average who can be beat with a better offensive. Vikings d will regress this year, don’t believe me? Just watch. 8-8

packers - as it sits probably a 10-6 team. Not a good d. But best qb in the game gets you far in the nfl

lions - i think this is the year they take a step back from potential wildcard to a 6-10 team. Lions seems to have a good year then bad, and i can’t see it getting better for them

bears - yes young team with so many question marks. If mitch plays top 10qb (has the potential), if ar12, treybae, and millertime, are special, if the d plays a tab bit better than last year (top 8), this is a 11-5 team.

without a hurt cousins, i think the queens run away.

This is an anything is possible thread. Yolo

11-5? Gtfoh

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
11-5? Gtfoh

Does g t f o h stand for “get the f out of here?”

If so, then no. Because I can have an opinion. My opinion is the bears are a better team than you believe. They have the hardest SOS for 2018. That will change, I see a lot of those teams underperforming

We will lose
- 1 game vs packers
-1 game vs Vikings
-1 game vs patriots
- 1 game vs la rams
- 1 game vs lions

That’s not too much to ask for. I think all of the other games are winable. I even allowed an NFC north lost at each away game

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s hypothetical of course.

Let’s start with the Vikings by losing cousins that puts Simeon as the starting QB. Keenum was a good game manager with good ball placement, Simeon is average who can be beat with a better offensive. Vikings D will regress this year, don’t believe me? Just watch. 8-8

Packers - as it sits probably a 10-6 team. Not a good D. But best QB in the game gets you far in the NFL

Lions - I think this is the year they take a step back from potential wildcard to a 6-10 team. Lions seems to have a good year then bad, and I can’t see it getting better for them

BEARS - yes young team with so many question marks. IF Mitch plays top 10QB (has the potential), IF AR12, TreyBae, and MillerTime, are special, IF the D plays a tab bit better than last year (top 8), this is a 11-5 team.

Without a hurt cousins, I think the queens run away.

This is an anything is possible thread. YOLO

The Vikings were a division winning team before Cousins. His addition elevated the Vikings to possible Super Bowl champions. Take away Cousins and they still would be favored to win the Division. The Vikings are not a QB driven team like Green Bay. The Packers lose Rodgers and they suck. The Vikings lost Bradford and got better. True, Bradford is not nearly the QB Rodgers is and Keenum played out of his head, so there's that.

I believe our overall talent has improved but we are still not at the level of Minnesota or Green Bay. If anything we will be battling Detroit for 3rd.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This is a 6-10 team.

The strides I’m looking for this year aren’t necessarily in wins and losses—they’re in the play on the field and Trubisky improvement.

It’s true that one should lead to the other, but the strength of the North makes me think the Bears will have a losing record in the division and just under .500 everywhere else, although who really knows.