2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Have some questions regarding the ESPN Playoff league format. Not my first year in an ESPN league, but first year I've been in the Winner's bracket. I went head to head vs the #3 seed since I was the #2 seed. Playoffs are two weeks long.

Week 14 I lost 119.- 115.5
Week 15 I won 99-92

So, by points I won 215-211.5.

Log in to check my team and bracket today and ESPN has me in the Consolation Winners bracket and says I lost 207-193. How in the fuck does that work?

Is your score still screwy...I know earlier ESPN's scores were messed up...there was also a major score adjustment where they changed Zekes fumble

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is your score still screwy...I know earlier ESPN's scores were messed up...there was also a major score adjustment where they changed Zekes fumble

Nice, just checked. It's fixed.

The Zeke news was huge. I bet that shifted a ton of leagues. In my Yahoo league it almost made a big upset. Guy with Zeke ended up losing by .16 with the adjustment.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
championship week. I need your help. Who do you roll with?

1. Jamaal Williams(away vs Jets) or Jordan Howard(away vs 49ers) or Matt Breida(home vs Bears) in flex spot
2. Matt Ryan(away vs Carolina) or Josh Allen(away vs NE)
3. Cowboys D(home vs TB) or Bears D(away vs San Fran)

I have shit receivers..so of these lame choices, who would you roll with? lol It's ok if you haven't heard of some of them. pick 2

1. Tim Patrick Den WR away vs Raiders
2. DaeSean Hamilton Den WR away vs Raiders
3. Robert Foster Buf WR away vs Patriots

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
championship week. I need your help. Who do you roll with?

1. Jamaal Williams(away vs Jets) or Jordan Howard(away vs 49ers) or Matt Breida(home vs Bears) in flex spot
2. Matt Ryan(away vs Carolina) or Josh Allen(away vs NE)
3. Cowboys D(home vs TB) or Bears D(away vs San Fran)

I have shit receivers..so of these lame choices, who would you roll with? lol It's ok if you haven't heard of some of them. pick 2

1. Tim Patrick Den WR away vs Raiders
2. DaeSean Hamilton Den WR away vs Raiders
3. Robert Foster Buf WR away vs Patriots

Jamaal Williams (assuming he's healthy. Saw he was limited at practice yesterday.
Matt Ryan
Bears D because its the Bears D

WRs - Hamilton and Foster, I guess.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jamaal Williams (assuming he's healthy. Saw he was limited at practice yesterday.
Matt Ryan

thank you....that's the way I was leaning but I just didn't want to fuck it up in the finals..

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
With Conner pretty much ruled out this week, in one of my games I have a log jam at my flex spot. Right now I am starting Carson and Damien Williams as my RB's, Hill and Jeffery at my WR, and Njoku at TE. So need to choose on of the following at Flex

Landry vs Cin
McCoy vs NE
Fournette vs Mia
R Anderson vs GB

Some doucher who didn't make playoffs dropped a high bid on J Williams who I was hoping to get and start in my flex.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With Conner pretty much ruled out this week, in one of my games I have a log jam at my flex spot. Right now I am starting Carson and Damien Williams as my RB's, Hill and Jeffery at my WR, and Njoku at TE. So need to choose on of the following at Flex

Landry vs Cin
McCoy vs NE
Fournette vs Mia
R Anderson vs GB

Some doucher who didn't make playoffs dropped a high bid on J Williams who I was hoping to get and start in my flex.

God damn, that's a doozy. McCoy is out for sure for me. Fournette is banged up from what I just read and teams just stack the box on him. Landry is probably your safest bet if you want to go that route. High Risk/High Reward though for me would be Robby. He seems to have good rapport with Darnold and they are at home against a bad Packers D.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
God damn, that's a doozy. McCoy is out for sure for me. Fournette is banged up from what I just read and teams just stack the box on him. Landry is probably your safest bet if you want to go that route. High Risk/High Reward though for me would be Robby. He seems to have good rapport with Darnold and they are at home against a bad Packers D.

Been racking my brain on this since Tuesday. McCoy and Fournette were pretty much out for me, but wanted to include them because RB's have decent floors and I'm not 100% against starting them. So it was mainly between Anderson and Landry...both have good matchups, I can see Anderson having potential for a huge game. I also have Hamilton, but I like him the least of the options.

My other question would be if I went with Landry, should I grab V McDonald off of waivers and play him over Njoku so I do not have a lot of stock in the Cleveland game?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Been racking my brain on this since Tuesday. McCoy and Fournette were pretty much out for me, but wanted to include them because RB's have decent floors and I'm not 100% against starting them. So it was mainly between Anderson and Landry...both have good matchups, I can see Anderson having potential for a huge game. I also have Hamilton, but I like him the least of the options.

My other question would be if I went with Landry, should I grab V McDonald off of waivers and play him over Njoku so I do not have a lot of stock in the Cleveland game?

A big part of me feels I need a homerun with Anderson because my opponent has Mahomes, Barkley, and Kamara...his WR's are pretty weak, but that main trio can make up for it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I didn't even consider the Njoku start. That almost makes me want to give the nod to Robby. Browns average 22 PPG and only 234 passing yards. That's not a ton of points available for two guys. I could see one of Landry/Njoku having a decent game, but not both. Tough to say which one.

FWIW, I just picked up Robby in a league and am going to play him. Granted, it's only for 5th/6th place lol and my other WRs are hurt.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Landry vs Cin
McCoy vs NE
Fournette vs Mia
R Anderson vs GB

I would lean Jarvis. Josh Allen is now the RB in Buf

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Matt Ryan

I agree with this.

Landry vs Cin
McCoy vs NE
Fournette vs Mia
R Anderson vs GB

Easy for me, Fournette. With how bad Miami is against the run, there is no way I don't get Fournette into the lineup (unless he's a no go, obviously). Also, I wouldn't play McDonald because the Saints have been insane at shutting down TEs. They've allowed more than 4 catches once, and 50 yards twice.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Todd Gurley is a game time decision and McVay said they will not put him at risk for further injury. I bet he sits. If you are playing against Gurley, go out and snag CJ Anderson right now

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Down 13.8 points with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce to go. He has no one. I am going for a perfect season. No losses or ties. Been in this league for 17 years. I will be the first to do it if they all dont break their leg.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I lost by 4. Decided to play Doug Martin instead of C.J. Anderson. Todd Gurley killed me.. Had him all season long and then bam sits out.

Jared Cook getting 2.4 didn't help either...

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Down 13.8 points with Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce to go. He has no one. I am going for a perfect season. No losses or ties. Been in this league for 17 years. I will be the first to do it if they all dont break their leg.

What is your roster? How many teams in your league? Just wondering.