Daniel Murphy to the Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
2015 was never supposed to be anything. To hate a guy for being good kinda annoys me.

2016 erased 2015. 2015 had it’s purpose. Got the core into competitive baseball and forced management to spend. 2015 was not supposed to be competitive. The spanking made them better.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The one position we are overloaded with Baez, Happ, Zobrist, Bote, Murphy.

Apparently this happened yesterday, there were some reports that Murphy was taking batting practice in Detroit and Happ is not starting today because he may be the one with options going down since Russell is also in the lineup.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
....and just like that. I went from hating him to liking him.

I know what you mean, he just killed us in the playoffs when he was with the Mets. To make it worse, I had 10K running on the Cubs to win it all.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
The Nats DFA'ed him, batting .340 with good power for the past month?

What's wrong with him? He got hepatitis or something? :(

Also, is he a FA for '19, and this is a rental? Or do we have options or anything on him for next year?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
This is bittersweet. Nice that we get a good player, but after the 2015 LCS, I hated him like I'm sure most of us do/did.

Now I have to try and like him haha. Hope he makes it easy with a walk off dinger in his first game.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2015 was never supposed to be anything. To hate a guy for being good kinda annoys me.

2016 erased 2015. 2015 had it’s purpose. Got the core into competitive baseball and forced management to spend. 2015 was not supposed to be competitive. The spanking made them better.

Relax, it’s a show of respect. I hate Aaron Rodgers because he’s so fucking good and always kills the Bears. It’s a natural emotion to have.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The Nats DFA'ed him, batting .340 with good power for the past month?

What's wrong with him? He got hepatitis or something? :(

Also, is he a FA for '19, and this is a rental? Or do we have options or anything on him for next year?

yes this is a rental. The nats put him out there because he is not part of their plans and he is still owed 4 million dollars for this month and a half. Although, I would not be surprised if they make him an offer like Chapman

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Hmm... any idea what number Murphy will wear for the Cubs? It appears he wore 28 with the Mets and 20 with the Nats, both of which are in use on this 25-man roster (Kintzler has 20, Hendricks has 28).

A lot of numbers in the 20s are available, but I hate to say, I don't know how many of those are not in use because, like Sandberg's 23, they have been retired...

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
10, 14, 23, 26, 31, 42 are Cubs retired numbers. May have missed one, but not sure. 31 is for both Maddux and Fergie though.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
According to the Cubs website, he'll wear #3.

I dunno why it surprises me, but he's leading off tonight. I guess Joe had run out of people to put in the lead-off spot.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one position we are overloaded with Baez, Happ, Zobrist, Bote, Murphy.

Apparently this happened yesterday, there were some reports that Murphy was taking batting practice in Detroit and Happ is not starting today because he may be the one with options going down since Russell is also in the lineup.

GOOD, let hm strike-out 4 times a night at tripleA

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
No matter what the geniuses here say, Maddon loves him some Happ

Don't worry, be HAPPy

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Boy, Murphy has little range and little arm out there. Forget about third base.

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Okay, so, does 6-for-14 with two RBIs and three runs scored over three games qualify as contributing?

I mean, after all, he hasn't shown he can take a walk in a Cubs uniform yet... ;)