Does Trubisky have a Brain for QB?

jc456

Liked Posts:
I still don't understand the trade up and what his potential is. Because he can scramble a bit? Last year he was plagued with missing open receivers. This year looks no different.
Mitch just sucks. OMG. Can he see?

Liked Posts:
aid1915238-v4-728px-Recycle-Sawdust-in-a-Compost-Pile-Step-4.jpg

jc456

Liked Posts:
I still don't understand the trade up and what his potential is. Because he can scramble a bit? Last year he was plagued with missing open receivers. This year looks no different.
I don’t think he can see

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
And the Bears bid against themselves in the Turd trade.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats the third time Trubs made the wrong read on the option

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He looks like a guy who is inexperienced and hasn't learned the system yet.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He looks like a guy who is inexperienced and hasn't learned the system yet.

Which aystem? The one where there's a wr open and he sees him and throws him the ball? Or are you talking about the new Nagy offense?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Which aystem? The one where there's a wr open and he sees him and throws him the ball? Or are you talking about the new Nagy offense?

You can't convince me that Mitch can't hit open receivers, because he was known for his accuracy in college. He looks like an inexperienced QB who is nervous, who doesn't have good command of the system yet, who doesn't feel comfortable in the pocket yet, and who doesn't have good chemistry with his receivers yet (all of whom, btw, are also all new and playing in a new system)

I said from the start of the year that we'd have to give Mitch and this offense a good year before we could start to judge.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You can't convince me that Mitch can't hit open receivers, because he was known for his accuracy in college. He looks like an inexperienced QB who is nervous, who doesn't have good command of the system yet, who doesn't feel comfortable in the pocket yet, and who doesn't have good chemistry with his receivers yet (all of whom, btw, are also all new and playing in a new system)

I said from the start of the year that we'd have to give Mitch and this offense a good year before we could start to judge.

I dont need fo convince you. Just watch fhe games for yourself. Are you saying in all of those trips to the redzone, nobody is getting open?

mikeeha

Liked Posts:

He had the same problem last year.

It looks like he hasn't developed at all.

I can say this as fact, some people are just more athletically inclined than others. It's a god given talent through genes. Some people have it and some don't and thus why it's so difficult to be a good athlete. Especially at QB which is mechanical and requires timing. Think how hard golf is and how some people will never be scratch no matter how much they practice. No matter what their body cannot do the mechanics and timing consistently.

My fear is that this is Trubisky. He hasn't shown any signs of improvement after a season.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
I think he speaks very well, elite press conference type of talent. He studies hard,he shows flashes of being smart at least half the time he decides to run instead of throw.

BUT,

He also forgets to close his mouth when he's breathing. He has mole eyes that look completely vacant when playing. He seems to be rattled at the slightest adversity.

I think he might be a QB that doesn't have a gameday brain. I'm hoping that I'm wrong.

Mitch sucks... I've seen all is 15 or so games and he just doesn't seem like a baller. He's 2nd guessing himself all the time. He's the worst QB in the league. The bears organization got it wrong when they drafted him and it seems like since they have invested so much in him they won't admit it. Give it time they say.

CUTLERthaGOAT

Liked Posts:
As a Duke football fan, I questioned the pick of Trubisky from day one. His one year at UNC was unspectacular, and he was surrounded with playmakers. Hell, he lost to a 4 win Duke team that season after taking a 14-0 lead in the game, and once we took the lead he threw a game ending pick. Dude does not have the clutch gene. I have tried my damdest to root for the kid, and will continue to hold out hope.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Where's this NFL level accuracy? We cannot dink and dunk all the way to the playoffs.

I betcha can. Seemed that was the key to stopping the '85 Bears from having a dynasty. Seems that many good QBs are low ypa passers. Big Ben is 7.9 career.
It may not be as flashy as a one shot quick score or a return for a TD but it can indeed win all the way.

The question isn't where is it. It was there last year when he was allowed to throw. The question is what did Nagy & crew do to it?
If it is because Mitch lacks brain power and using his brain cell to remember plays is taking up the space he used for accuracy, we're really screwed. If Nagy adjusted some mechanics that took away hitting WRs in stride he should really consider eating his ego and changing it back. If it's the crap oline we need to do something to fix that before this becomes ingrained.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I was kind of like our Mitchell before I got laid. I was awkward around women. He exhibits the same excited state when he sees an open receiver that I experienced when I (rarely) saw beneath me a spread-eagle female. Especially hot big titted women, was awkward. Then I got to nailing a few skanks. And got my confidence up. That I could satisfy at least them and get the better of all of the skanks. Then I moved on to ok-looking women. Not great, but at least not hideous. And I found that I could easily satisfy them as well. Shortly thereafter, I was on to big-titted farm-bred gals that could really be a handful in the bedroom, if you know what I mean. Having at least given them a mediocre experience, I was well on my way to understanding the power within my loins. Similarly, I believe our Mitchell, once having spread his seed across a variety of the skank spectrum, will likewise have gained the fortitude of being able to escape the big fat fuckers and get into the hole. He has the potential of being the nerdy guy that gets all the poon. Only with time and patience and understanding.