Why can't Mitch be the next Alex Smith, Steve Young or Troy Aikman?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he would just stop missing the lay up throws this offense would look twice as good.

Imagine he hits Gabriel in the endzone and Robinson on the skinny post. The Bears are winning 30-14 and are in control from the 2nd quarter on.

That is the difference right now between looking incompetent and looking ahead of schedule. I am not sure what Nagy does to make him make the lay up throws, but we need it to happen.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when people didn't want to pay Mack QB money bc they were worried about having to pay Trubs a lot of money?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We just went all in on Mack bro. We don't have time to babysit a shit QB who can't make basic NFL throws. If Trubs doesn't improve then put his ass on the bench and he can go the Rodgers route. Get someone in there that can at least be decent.

The irony of it all. We once had a top defense and went all in the same way for Cutler and were told to have patience with Cutler for 9 years. We got this defense now and it will only get better over the next few years. I would love a Super Bowl this year too, who knows, maybe this year is 1984.

It's not like Trubisky is throwing 4 interceptions a game. They are short but his completion rate is very good and we are having sustained 8 minute drives which is helping the defense tremendously.

I have patience, this is the very beginning, not the end.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s crazy how this team is built to win now considering last year they were ‘the browns of the NFC.’

Only on CCS.........

Before Mack trade: 5-7 wins, need to give Trubisky and the offense a full year before clicking

After Mack trade: Sky is the limit, need Trubisky to step up NOW! OMG PUT IN CHASE DANIELZ! OMG SOMEONE CALL CUTLER! MAYBE PUT UP A BILLBOARD FOR JEFF GEORGE!

:lmao:

People lose their fucking minds QUICKLY on CCS

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Before Mack trade: 5-7 wins, need to give Trubisky and the offense a full year before clicking

After Mack trade: Sky is the limit, need Trubisky to step up NOW! OMG PUT IN CHASE DANIELZ! OMG SOMEONE CALL CUTLER! MAYBE PUT UP A BILLBOARD FOR JEFF GEORGE!

? It’s the same idea with and without Urlacher. This guy is a hall of famer. Yes he completely changed the outlook of this team.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:

It is ridiculous when you put it that way.
I am one of the impatient ones that wanted Cutler back to go with this defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
(Bears fans furiously looking through Elias to find good quarterbacks who looked subpar going into their 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th game)

cd35

Liked Posts:
What team were you watching last year? I saw a complete and total dumpster fire on offense.
You think some FAs at WR are going to instantly fix that in year 2?
You think cutting talent on oline and replacing it with a 2nd round draft pick that can't see the field with this coaching staff made them better? If you think this oline is doing good I think you're confused about what team wears what colors. Ours is the oline making every other team look like they have Mack. Their oline is the one not allowing Mack to come in untouched every down.

We picked an instant great defense over an instant great offense. You generally can't have both. If the offense as it is works into being great look out. Bears will be a major force. If not we will be like Lovie's Bears. Which is not a totally bad place if Trubisky is in the least bit competent.

I was watching most teams with my head on a swivel

They have a top running back. Maybe top 3 in the league. And now he can catch too. They have a capable scatback. They have a more than capable Allen Robinson who's healthy. They have Burton who's a competent tight end. . Yes the Oline is not very good. And the sky is also blue.

And he has a good defense. Not as great as people are saying either. He is not surrounded by a dumpster fire this year like they were. Plus going by their stats alone doesn't tell any story. That was when defenses could you know, actually play defense.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
(Bears fans furiously looking through Elias to find good quarterbacks who looked subpar going into their 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th game)
Its really not that hard. Most QBs struggle early in their careers. Brett Favre is probably the best example. In his 3rd season in the NFL and 2nd as a starter he threw 19 TDs and 26 INTs with a 60% completion percentage. This board would be toxic if Mitch that next year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myk

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s crazy how this team is built to win now considering last year they were ‘the browns of the NFC.’

Only on CCS.........

Yep the offseason never happens

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Its really not that hard. Most QBs struggle early in their careers. Brett Favre is probably the best example. In his 3rd season in the NFL and 2nd as a starter he threw 19 TDs and 26 INTs with a 60% completion percentage. This board would be toxic if Mitch that next year.

So you’re saying there’s a chance.....

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Can't really compare them. They were all on teams that were complete and total dumpster fires at just about every position on both sides of the ball.

Bears are not. He has a supporting cast around him. Those teams were waiting to get competence around the QB, the Bears are waiting for the QB to grow

Well Tampa wasnt waiting for anything they were the biggest hopeless shit show going for about 2 decades
What?!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We just went all in on Mack bro. We don't have time to babysit a shit QB who can't make basic NFL throws. If Trubs doesn't improve then put his ass on the bench and he can go the Rodgers route. Get someone in there that can at least be decent.

But how though??? By going all in with Mack we seriously fucked ourselves. We aren’t getting anybody worth a damn in trades / FA and we don’t have the picks to trade up for a QB. Getting Mack was the worst thing that could have happened to us with Mitch now sucking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
who said you can only get an average QB from the draft? you can get an average QB in FA

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I was watching most teams with my head on a swivel

They have a top running back. Maybe top 3 in the league. And now he can catch too. They have a capable scatback. They have a more than capable Allen Robinson who's healthy. They have Burton who's a competent tight end. . Yes the Oline is not very good. And the sky is also blue.

And he has a good defense. Not as great as people are saying either. He is not surrounded by a dumpster fire this year like they were. Plus going by their stats alone doesn't tell any story. That was when defenses could you know, actually play defense.

We are indeed upgraded, but last year was a dumpster fire on offense. And a bad oline is a major problem.
The fact the oline got worse and Trubisky got worse may go hand in hand. It could be the loss of Sitton or it could be the coaches (I'm leaning towards coaching since the 2nd round Center can't see the field when that should be an instant starter especially planning on him being a guard). Like Nagy and Trubisky say about Mitch, trust the system.
I hope that's the case because we probably can't fix the oline during the year or find the next guy at QB until 2021.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
who said you can only get an average QB from the draft? you can get an average QB in FA

OMG! We could've got the real Alex Smith? Now there's a crap load more QBs to compare Trubisky to. :lmao:

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I was really pissed off yesterday at seeing Mitch play so poorly,now that I have had time to calm down and really think about it we NEED to give him a chance even if it takes awhile for him to be totally comfortable with the playbook.

This Defense is special,teams have won the Super Bowl with great Defense and mediocre QB's multiple times,all Mitch really needs to do is not fuck up and blossom mid way through the season,we have a legit shot this year the way the defense is playing..

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The first two seasons of their careers, this is their TD/INT ratio

Alex Smith: first year: 1 TD 11 INT, second year: 16 TD 16 INT
Steve Young first year: 3 TD 8 INT, second year: 8 TD 13 INT
Troy Aikman first year: 9 TD 18 INT, second year: 11 TD's, 18 INT

All of these great quarterbacks would've been declared a bust and run out of town before finishing their second season in this city. This is why we can't have nice things. All of these QB's had to DEVELOP. Yes, Chicago, there is such a thing as developing a quarterback. Let's try it. We drafted the kid, he had a high physical ceiling, he's not lighting the world on fire yet, but neither did any of the aforementioned three guys who turned out to be pretty good.

He could.........

But his chances of becoming the next Joey Harrington, Vince Young, or Akili Smith are getting a lot better..........

mecha

Liked Posts:
hey man, he scored more in 1 game last week than Alex Smith did in all of his year 1