Bears fans push for Chase Daniel over Mitch Trubisky

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do I want Daniel to start over Trubisky? Not really, but any Bears fan has to be curious just to see what Daniel could do. It's kinda like Mitch has a much higher ceiling but Daniel has a much higher floor atleast most people seem to think.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Everyone knows the smartest fans are the ones who turn to Twitter to scream their opinions to the world mid-game.

No need to ever let anything play out, just live life making rash, irrational decisions.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This would be the most idiotic thing we have ever seen and I would advocate firing Nagy and Pace if they did something this dumb.

Trubisky wasn't good, but he was hardly get him off the field bad.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Little surprised that La Canfora is already calling Daniel a better QB.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Do I want Daniel to start over Trubisky? Not really, but any Bears fan has to be curious just to see what Daniel could do. It's kinda like Mitch has a much higher ceiling but Daniel has a much higher floor atleast most people seem to think.

Yes, the guy who has thrown 1 career TD and 1 career INT with less than 500 total yards definitely has a higher floor. Who needs stats to prove stuff anyways?

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
This would be the most idiotic thing we have ever seen and I would advocate firing Nagy and Pace if they did something this dumb.

THANK YOU. Here is a bold idea: Let's not yank the plug on a young and very talented QB to put in a veteran who has never done anything in the NFL.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fake news. It is not Bears fans as a group, there is no such thing. They are quoting a couple of people and making fake news out of it, just like the political nonsense that goes on.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I advocate playing the better QB and I'll let Nagy be the judge of that. We have a legit defense that I don't want to see wasted. So if Chase is better, play him. If Mitch is better, play him. That's Nagy's job to know who's better.

cd35

Liked Posts:

This.

Yes, prematurely bench the guy you traded up in the draft for and REALLY stunt his growth and experience. That'll learn'em

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel is .500 as a starter and has won as many playoff games as Matthew Stafford and Kirk Cousins combined.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel is a solid vet. He will step up in the pocket instead of get scared, he will hit the wide open man every time, he will fade it to Wims in the endzone, he will do the standard Nagy screens and shovels, he won’t miss the hot route when blitzed, and he is as good as Trubisky at rushing and isn’t fumble-happy.

He played 3 seasons as Alex Smith’s backup and is ready to step into Nagy’s system. He connects well with Wims who can step in after Miller’s injury.

I’m pretty sure that he can win more games than Trubisky this season and lead the team to the playoffs with our defense. If his name was Jet McRookie people would be salivating for him to start. This team needs a game manager and Chase is a great choice.

[video=youtube;-IAdDt4_Pog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IAdDt4_Pog[/video]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel is a solid vet. He will step up in the pocket instead of get scared, he will hit the wide open man every time, he will fade it to Wims in the endzone, he will do the standard Nagy screens and shovels, he won’t miss the hot route when blitzed, and he is as good as Trubisky at rushing and isn’t fumble-happy.

He played 3 seasons as Alex Smith’s backup and is ready to step into Nagy’s system. He connects well with Wims who can step in after Miller’s injury.

I’m pretty sure that he can win more games than Trubisky this season and lead the team to the playoffs with our defense. If his name was Jet McRookie people would be salivating for him to start. This team needs a game manager and Chase is a great choice.

None of this is based on actual observed play.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
THANK YOU. Here is a bold idea: Let's not yank the plug on a young and very talented QB to put in a veteran who has never done anything in the NFL.

He isn't very talented. He can't play. He can't do basic things like hitting wide open receivers that have nothing to do with inexperience in the system.

Not that Daniel is the answer, but what do you do if you're 8-6 and holding on to the playoff hunt by the fingernails solely because of a dominant defense while the QB play is still terrible? Do you put in an unspectacular but competent backup knowing it gives you a better chance in the postseason, or do you stick with the shit show knowing there's almost zero chance you can beat playoff teams with him?

What's more important, a shot at a Superbowl or the "development" of a QB who can't play football at an NFL level?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One of the things I hate about this board is how people see the light on Sundays when the game is actually happening, and then soften up during the week. Almost everyone was acknowledging how much he sucks in the IGT. The lights come on and people wake up to the reality. Then it goes through Monday and Tuesday and people are like "Well, it maybe wasn't THAT bad, we should give it more time", and by the end of the week they're back the point of thinking he'll be good again.

It's like an abused wife who starts making excuses for her drunk violent husband when he goes 2, 3, 4 days without smacking her around.

Stay focused people. You didn't imagine it when it happened, he really is bad. You were right.