Bears fans push for Chase Daniel over Mitch Trubisky

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Or maybe some of us, don't understand basic shit. Loggains offense... simple. Nagy offense... not so simple. Fire... bad. Bread... good.

I suppose we're all in a wait and see pattern, it's just discouraging that in his 15 starts we haven't seen a noticeable improvement in his game. That is concerning to me as a fan and should be to everyone. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
You know the Bears could have gotten Drew Brees?....They passed em up. They had their future in Cade FREAKIN McKnown!!!

If the Bears got Drew Brees, dumbass Bears fans would have declared him a bust and run him out of town before he finished his 2nd season

Stoper54

Liked Posts:
I suppose we're all in a wait and see pattern, it's just discouraging that in his 15 starts we haven't seen a noticeable improvement in his game. That is concerning to me as a fan and should be to everyone. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out.

Mitch did improve last year. The last quarter of the season he had a 65% comp rate and an 84 QB Rating much higher than his end of the year numbers. And that was in an anemic offense. Again, go watch the tape and stop the recency bias. Considering he has proven that he can get better with little to no talent around him, you should give him the benefit of the doubt, recognize he is in a new system, and give him some games to adjust before giving up on him.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I mean, I don't know if he'll pan out and become the QB we need him to be. But I know that freaking out about it after week 3 in a new and complex system is premature.

The difficulty level of this game has been upped for Trubisky. Nagy needs him to catch up, so he can up the difficulty level some more. That's what we're going through. We need to give it time. Freaking out and calling him a bust or calling for Chase Daniel is just a waste of time.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has regressed immensely. Especially with his accuracy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see that as being completely true......unless you magically have a calibrated brain that remembers everything from last year I don't see that much difference yet.....also really small sample size.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
He isn't very talented. He can't play. He can't do basic things like hitting wide open receivers that have nothing to do with inexperience in the system.

Not that Daniel is the answer, but what do you do if you're 8-6 and holding on to the playoff hunt by the fingernails solely because of a dominant defense while the QB play is still terrible? Do you put in an unspectacular but competent backup knowing it gives you a better chance in the postseason, or do you stick with the shit show knowing there's almost zero chance you can beat playoff teams with him?

What's more important, a shot at a Superbowl or the "development" of a QB who can't play football at an NFL level?

I don’t usually do this but 5 words for you: you are a fuck up.

It’s this « I know better because... why? » that drives me insane.

The level with which Trubisky has been torched by the likes of you fuck ups is ridiculous. Yes... he had some over throws and poor decisions, but there are so many other pieces involved the Trubisky hate is just laughable...

Till it isn’t.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
So we waste another Superbowl caliber defense waiting for a garbage QB to get better.

Awesome.

It's time for a reality check. You act like you already know Mitch is a bust, which is impossible unless you can see into the future. Experts don't know, and all you're banking on is you never liked him and he's doing very poorly. GTFO with that shit, especially after your claims of "objectivity". It's objective to say Mitch is shit right now, but you don't know more than anyone else what he'll be at the end of this year or next year. It's not objective to say he has no talent. If he had no talent, he wouldn't have been the #1 QB on many teams boards. He wouldn't have made some throws that only a handful of QBs can make. If he busts, you can claim you knew all along, but you didn't know shit.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's time for a reality check. You act like you already know Mitch is a bust, which is impossible unless you can see into the future. Experts don't know, and all you're banking on is you never liked him and he's doing very poorly. GTFO with that shit, especially after your claims of "objectivity". It's objective to say Mitch is shit right now, but you don't know more than anyone else what he'll be at the end of this year or next year. It's not objective to say he has no talent. If he had no talent, he wouldn't have been the #1 QB on many teams boards. He wouldn't have made some throws that only a handful of QBs can make. If he busts, you can claim you knew all along, but you didn't know shit.

Well...he did create that Watson is the best thread.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He isn't very talented. He can't play. He can't do basic things like hitting wide open receivers that have nothing to do with inexperience in the system.

Not that Daniel is the answer, but what do you do if you're 8-6 and holding on to the playoff hunt by the fingernails solely because of a dominant defense while the QB play is still terrible? Do you put in an unspectacular but competent backup knowing it gives you a better chance in the postseason, or do you stick with the shit show knowing there's almost zero chance you can beat playoff teams with him?

What's more important, a shot at a Superbowl or the "development" of a QB who can't play football at an NFL level?

He’s missed some throws, yes. But he is a cunts hair away from a 70% completion rate so far this season.

To say that he “can’t” hit a receiver is hyperbole.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He is no better than he has been since the beginning of last year? He’s completing over 69% of his passes so far on the season. Each game his yards per att is increasing.

Holy shit.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't see that as being completely true......unless you magically have a calibrated brain that remembers everything from last year I don't see that much difference yet.....also really small sample size.

No but I remember him being able to get the ball to open revivers more than 10 yards away. I remember him being able to fit the ball into tight windows like his first career attempt against Minnesota and his great scrambling throw to Cohen in Baltimore. I remember him being able to complete a deep ball like to Bellamy against Green Bay at home and to Gentry at New Orleans. I have seen nothing even close to those type of throws this season.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He is no better than he has been since the beginning of last year? He’s completing over 69% of his passes so far on the season. Each game his yards per att is increasing.

Holy shit.

Dude come on his completion percentage is so high because all his throws that he makes are with in 10 yards. Don’t be a blind idiot see what’s in-front of you and trust your eyes

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:

Developing the QB duh.

Daniel isn't gonna win a Superbowl either, so why divide the team and kill any shot Mitch becomes who they want him to be to MAYBE win a playoff game? Once again, you need to think LONG TERM, not in the moment. That is the biggest issue with you Mitch haters. Patience.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No but I remember him being able to get the ball to open revivers more than 10 yards away. I remember him being able to fit the ball into tight windows like his first career attempt against Minnesota and his great scrambling throw to Cohen in Baltimore. I remember him being able to complete a deep ball like to Bellamy against Green Bay at home and to Gentry at New Orleans. I have seen nothing even close to those type of throws this season.

Did you watch the game Sunday? What was the throw to Burton on the sideline? Didn’t he hit Robinson with a deep ball? Let’s just keep making shit up.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Holy shit.

It's just the consistency with him that kills me. He can have a drive where I'm like holy shit, he looked great there and then come back and put up two stinker drives. It's been like that since he came into the league. Yeah, his completion % is 69%, but his total QBR is 25th in the league. We can cherry pick stats all day. Like I said, wait and see.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I see I have to make this point yet again.

Developing is one thing. Learning the system is one thing. Getting used to your new coach and teammates and gaining experience is one thing.

HE. CAN'T. HIT. WIDE. OPEN. RECEIVERS.

He can't play football. This isn't an issue of developing, it's an issue of the kid is bad at the game.

NFL QBs don't need to be fluent in a system to be able to make a basic fade pass in the end zone to a top level 6'3" receiver. Not being experienced in a new system has nothing to do with completely overthrowing your deep balls when the WR has two steps on the DB. Lack of system experience doesn't cause a QB to be completely oblivious to open guys when there's little pressure in the pocket. It doesn't cause 75% of his passes beyond the first down marker to be inaccurate to the point of being uncatchable. It doesn't cause him to miss 5 out of 6 throws that should have been TDs.

These are basic fundamentals of being able to play QB. Any NFL QB could do these things on day 1 before they've even seen the damn playbook. He isn't an NFL QB.

Then why did you throw so much praise on him draft day?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If you were doing your job one way and then a new boss comes in and says I have a completely different more complicated way that will be confusing at first but will pay big dividends in the end would you expect to be at 100% with the new exciting more complicated way of doing things immediately? Or do you think it may take time to get up to speed?

So true. Every time I get a new way of doing something at work, there is always a short period where it's bumpy, but then you learn it and get better with it. That's the hope for Mitch. Nagy is forcing him to do things he never had to do before. When he gets it, it should all click.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Did you watch the game Sunday? What was the throw to Burton on the sideline? Didn’t he hit Robinson with a deep ball? Let’s just keep making shit up.

You’re kidding right? The throw to Burton wasn’t exactly a tight window he was wide open and he undeethrew the ball to Robinson dude come on.