HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t believe a handful of people on twitter represent the entire fan base.

Dumbest may be a bit much but this fanbase sure can make you feel embarrassed at times with the nonsensical shit that comes out of their mouths.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Most of his passes are to somewhere near the line of scrimmage. It would be ridiculous if he didn't have a 70% comp rate. His yards per attempt is pathetic. Every QB with a higher completion % than him has a far higher yards per attempt.

Not true. I see a lot of QBs struggle with those quick strikes.

Favre used to struggle with them early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildest5

Liked Posts:
Maybe it’s reasons like this that we will never have a good QB. Some fans destroy the QB’s confidence before he has time to properly develop.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Chase Daniel is no better at any of those things than Trubisky, he really isn't in the conversation to start.

This isn't a Brian Griese situation or Rex vs Orton.... if there was a legitimate veteran behind Trubisky this might be a real conversation.

Chase Daniel is a garbage QB who is here because he knew some of the system.

We're not going anywhere with him.

I had no idea it is known he is garbage and also garbage level in Nagy's system. I have no idea how you know that's true, but you very well could be right.

You are right in that this isn't Rex vs. Orton because Trubisky is laying down samples of what he is and there isn't enough to conclude that his current rate of suck has leveled out yet while Daniel is a nearly a complete unknown.

So I just want to be clear: in no way am I calling for him to be benched. Too early imo (and the article was BS fake news giving a megaphone to 5 people and trying to be first to "scoop a controversy". Complete BS.)

But I also now am wondering how so many people know exactly what Daniel would fail to do in Nagy's system. That seems an unreasonable position at this point in time to me. But I freely admit I may be missing something.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Depends. Sometimes a benching causes someone to reevaluate and reassess in a way that continuing to play does not allow. Steve Young for example benefited from having to take a seat and rethink his approach to the game. Maybe Trubs is not at that point yet or maybe he will figure it out but it is fair game if he continues to struggle to throw him a life vest instead of watching him drown.

I agree. Blake Bortles has picked up his game after last year's preseason benching. (NOTE to all deconstructionists: I am not claiming Bortles is good or "my guy" - only that he improved a lot since being flamed at by WRs in TC and benched and/or put on an ultimatum-type leash publicly by coaches.)

Again - in NO Way do I think 10 is there yet, no way. IMO, he has TB, the bye and hell, the entire 4-game AFC East run after the bye to show he can settle down and execute.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If a QB allows the fan’s opinions to affect his play, then I do not want him playing for my team in the first place.

This. Fans booed Favre unmercifully in his two first (largely shit) years for Holmgren. He kept his head down, worked hard and did what he did.

Fans booed McNown and he melted.

Good for Favre. While I do not boo players even McNown, I still say bye and good riddance.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This isn't Trubisky's team. This is MACK'S team. Pace gave up more (in draft picks and money) for Mack than he did Trubisky. Plus, his HC was part of bringng Mack in. He inherited Trubs.

They arent going to waste ths trade in the hope Trubisky develops. If he doesnt improve SOON...its not a matter of if, but when...

Sammich

Liked Posts:
At this point, I believe Trubisky is not the answer, and neither is Daniel.... so with no first round picks until 2021, unless we can score a big trade, it looks like it is just a matter of going with the lesser of 2 evils.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this point, I believe Trubisky is not the answer, and neither is Daniel.... so with no first round picks until 2021, unless we can score a big trade, it looks like it is just a matter of going with the lesser of 2 evils.

If he doesn't make big improvements over the course of the season, I have to imagine they'll bring in someone to compete next year, which would be year three for him while still being bad. Whether it's a mid round draft pick like Washington did with Kirk Cousins, or a veteran like Foles/McCarron/whoever, I don't know. But with a championship defense's key players all young and under contract with a window for a few years, I can't see them pissing that away waiting for Trubisky to get better.

If he's to be here long term, I think he HAS to improve significantly this year.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Err, no. Thats the staple of the west coast offense. Stretch the field horizontally with short routes, then counter the defense with deep routes.

Difference is Mahommes is connecting on his deep routes, Mitch isn't.

We threw deep 6 times last week. I'd say thats enough.

You're a moron.

And he connected on one of them. Which means his lack of a deep ball is the reason this offense is not able to literally stretch the field. Thank you very much.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Can't we just wait and see? Maybe Trubisky will continue to not be up to standards or maybe he'll change that. We'll see within the next 2 months or so.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re a moron. There is no offense in football where the scheme allows the QB to only throw for 6 yards per attempt. For example look at Mahomes who is running the same damn scheme you idiot

Your constant negativity and lack of faith in our franchise QB makes all of us west coast bears fans sound like fools. Way to go...

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the good news is that I don't think we will ever worry about having to pay Trubisky top QB money

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is not one bit of that that is good news.

I hope to every force in the universe that we will HAVE to pay the man.

I mean, if he's just average enough like Foles to get the Bears to win a superbowl, that would be good...but I don't think that will commend top QB money. If he improves enough that he will require top QB money, that will be even better. A good problem to have

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I mean, if he's just average enough like Foles to get the Bears to win a superbowl, that would be good...but I don't think that will commend top QB money. If he improves enough that he will require top QB money, that will be even better. A good problem to have

Agree. You don't need a great QB to win. But what you absolutely can't do is pay an average, or even good, QB great QB money. Those types need a complete team around them, and you have to have cap room to build that type of team.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I see I have to make this point yet again.

Developing is one thing. Learning the system is one thing. Getting used to your new coach and teammates and gaining experience is one thing.

HE. CAN'T. HIT. WIDE. OPEN. RECEIVERS.

He can't play football. This isn't an issue of developing, it's an issue of the kid is bad at the game.

NFL QBs don't need to be fluent in a system to be able to make a basic fade pass in the end zone to a top level 6'3" receiver. Not being experienced in a new system has nothing to do with completely overthrowing your deep balls when the WR has two steps on the DB. Lack of system experience doesn't cause a QB to be completely oblivious to open guys when there's little pressure in the pocket. It doesn't cause 75% of his passes beyond the first down marker to be inaccurate to the point of being uncatchable. It doesn't cause him to miss 5 out of 6 throws that should have been TDs.

These are basic fundamentals of being able to play QB. Any NFL QB could do these things on day 1 before they've even seen the damn playbook. He isn't an NFL QB.

Mick, I'm sorry dude, you may be a great guy, but when it comes to football, imo, you haven't a clue.