1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
e1511091127704b2e1ed0faa115b100d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I disagreed with everything about the Bears signing of Mike Glennon, but I think Glennon gets a bad rap. If a couple passes don't get dropped in Week 1, Glennon pulls off a big upset of Atlanta.

He shouldn't have been starting in the first place, but you can't really say the Bears offense 'improved' when they switched from Glennon to Trubisky. Trubisky was just as inept as Glennon.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I disagreed with everything about the Bears signing of Mike Glennon, but I think Glennon gets a bad rap. If a couple passes don't get dropped in Week 1, Glennon pulls off a big upset of Atlanta.

He shouldn't have been starting in the first place, but you can't really say the Bears offense 'improved' when they switched from Glennon to Trubisky. Trubisky was just as inept as Glennon.

Whatever noob.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Glennon shouldn't have, and didn't have, nearly the loose leash Trubisky is afforded. This comparison means nothing. Glennon had years of starting and sitting under his belt.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
What are Mike Glennon's rushing stats and upside? Glennon is a statue and everyone knows what he is. Trubisky at least has upside and mobility.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you're freaked out that 3 games into the season a 2nd year QB has the same stats as a 5th year QB had?

Well if you're going to say that, you could also say that Mitch was drafted at #2 while Glennon was a 3rd rounder. It's not unreasonable to expect Mitch to produce sooner.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well if you're going to say that, you could also say that Mitch was drafted at #2 while Glennon was a 3rd rounder. It's not unreasonable to expect Mitch to produce sooner.

Sooner than 6 years. OK. I'll give you that.
I'd even go less than that. Trubisky has to improve long before 6 years are up.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So you're freaked out that 3 games into the season a 2nd year QB has the same stats as a 5th year QB had?

An absolutely terrible 5th year QB

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
An absolutely terrible 5th year QB

And if Mitch shows absolutely no improvement by his 5th year I think it would be safe to say he would also be an absolutely terrible QB.

Can't we at least attempt to use a little common sense?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And if Mitch shows absolutely no improvement by his 5th year I think it would be safe to say he would also be an absolutely terrible QB.

Can't we at least attempt to use a little common sense?

Did I ever say he will be an absolutely terrible QB? I said he is producing like one. Don’t put words into my mouth

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Most of those stats for the giraffe came in garbage time

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Did I ever say he will be an absolutely terrible QB? I said he is producing like one. Don’t put words into my mouth

So why are you freaked out (not just worried) a 2nd year QB in a new system is producing like a bad QB that had 5 years to be bad?

Be thankful he's not producing like Leaf or McNown. Hurray, he's not an instant bust.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So why are you freaked out (not just worried) a 2nd year QB in a new system is producing like a bad QB that had 5 years to be bad?

Be thankful he's not producing like Leaf or McNown. Hurray, he's not an instant bust.

So you’re telling me to feel optimistic about our 2nd overall pick isn’t producing at the levels of 2 of the biggest busts in NFL history....?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So you’re telling me to feel optimistic about our 2nd overall pick isn’t producing at the levels of 2 of the biggest busts in NFL history....?

A lot more optimistic than if he was. If he was actually producing like a bust then I'd be with you.
But the fact is he's just producing like many other QBs when they were young, both greats and not so greats. You are overreacting freaking out that he's not already a great (but you must not be overreacting too much, I don't have you on ignore).

Realistically he is still at the point and production that he can go either way. Give it time.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Not that I am taking a stance on Trubisky yet, but to play devils advocate I will just drop these numbers. Just to be a dick.

Trubs first 3 games this year were games 13-15.
Glennon in games 13-15 had 5 tds, 2 ints, 642 yards and 56% completions....under the amazing offensive prowess of lovie smith.

Not saying Trubs is ever gonna be glennon, but compare the 2 guys at the same points in their carriers.... it is not a laughable comparison.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not that I am taking a stance on Trubisky yet, but to play devils advocate I will just drop these numbers. Just to be a dick.

Trubs first 3 games this year were games 13-15.
Glennon in games 13-15 had 5 tds, 2 ints, 642 yards and 56% completions....under the amazing offensive prowess of lovie smith.

Not saying Trubs is ever gonna be glennon, but compare the 2 guys at the same points in their carriers.... it is not a laughable comparison.

I recall people using his early games to believe that he was going to be a starter and we wouldn't draft a QB.
I didn't think he had "it". I didn't think Rex had "it". I thought Orton had some of "it". I'm beginning to trust "it" better than stats. Bad thing is I don't know if Trubisky has "it" or not.