R. Smith has been disappointing thus far

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The linebacker that was burned in coverage in Arizona was Trevathan. He was the culprit on both TDs. Smith is doing what he's been asked to do to this point. Only Bear fans... Can't bitch about Mitch this week so...

It wasn't a linebacker....that was on Amos.....

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
lol....it is kind of hard to stand out on this defense......

He is second on the team in tackles and does have a sack. He is doing what they ask him to do and he is world's better in coverage than Kwiatkoski.....some of that does not show up in the stat line.....

Exactly. How can you stand out on this defense? Mack is playing like the MVP of the league (not just DPOY), Hicks is dominating and pushing refs (lol), Eddie Jackson is balling, and so is Trevathan.

Trevathan
Mack
Jackson
Hicks

are all playing like pro bowlers, with Mack being the talk of the league.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
What does PFF have to say? I bet those limey hipsters have all sorts of stats compiled for RoqSmitty. It would be cool to see what hardcore soccer fans with old-timey mustaches think of our new LB.
Idk i don't pay for dat shit just look at ratings xD

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It wasn't a linebacker....that was on Amos.....

Trevathan was beaten by Seals-Jones and Johnson. Arizona cleared the left side of the field and Trevathan just let Seals-Jones release into open space. Johnson beat Trevathan out of the backfield on the 2nd TD.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trevathan was beaten by Seals-Jones and Johnson. Arizona cleared the left side of the field and Trevathan just let Seals-Jones release into open space. Johnson beat Trevathan out of the backfield on the 2nd TD.

Trevathan was playing the middle zone........there should have been a handoff to Amos......there was a triple teamed Arizona receiver in the endzone....Amos was the extra guy on him.....Amos should have taken responsibility...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I've seen him allow catches in his contested zone plenty he is great on attacking but he is playing with almost no anticipation, doesn't have those insane eyes on the back of his head type of cover plays you and I aren't talking about the same thing. He will eventually get there, imo he is very good. My question was when.

Define “plenty”.

Put a number on it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Trevathan was playing the middle zone........there should have been a handoff to Amos......there was a triple teamed Arizona receiver in the endzone....Amos was the extra guy on him.....Amos should have taken responsibility...

It sure looked like they were in man across the board. I guess you could argue that Danny passed him off thinking he had help but it looked like a break. The Johnson TD was definitely on Trevathan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've seen him allow catches in his contested zone plenty he is great on attacking but he is playing with almost no anticipation, doesn't have those insane eyes on the back of his head type of cover plays you and I aren't talking about the same thing. He will eventually get there, imo he is very good. My question was when.

Which game and which play?

Other than designed checkdowns against the Seahawks I got nothing.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

They hit a TE route over his head yesterday in the middle of the field. He didn't get enough depth on his drop, also think he didn't see the guy coming across the field on the route.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Seahawks and Arizona any pass 5 yards from him left right or behind which is still his zone.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They hit a TE route over his head yesterday in the middle of the field. He didn't get enough depth on his drop, also think he didn't see the guy coming across the field on the route.

Was that the Brate TD?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I've noticed that he's in on just about every tackle, it seems, and has incredible closing speed on short passes, stopping guys before they hit the first down marker.

We haven't seen blow-up plays or interceptions or forced fumbles from him yet, but that doesn't mean he isn't making a good impact.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Saw that as well. Also think he may have been partially at fault for at least 1 AZ busted coverage, though Danny T tried to take the blame. But that said, unless you are putting up 2 sacks a game or a pick six or a forced fumble you are not going to get pub. Too much good shit happening for doing your job to get noticed right now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Exactly. How can you stand out on this defense? Mack is playing like the MVP of the league (not just DPOY), Hicks is dominating and pushing refs (lol), Eddie Jackson is balling, and so is Trevathan.

Trevathan
Mack
Jackson
Hicks

are all playing like pro bowlers, with Mack being the talk of the league.

Funny thing is Dannny is something like 49th in the league for tackles and he's our leading tackler. Kind of hard to rack up tackle stats when you keep forcing three and outs.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Roquon is help this team in a lot of ways right now and he's not even up to full speed yet. That's what is particularly impressive.

Also, do not look now. Bears are essentially tied with Philly for the best Rush Defense in the NFL at 64 yards a game. Try to contain your woodies.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Smith has great closing speed. One thing I have noticed is teams are not getting a lot of yac against us like they use to on underneath throws. He closes quick and limits checkdowns to just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bad thread. Middle Linebackers are like QB's. They learn so much from game to game and each one is critically important in regards to understanding scheme, play and technique.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bad thread. Middle Linebackers are like QB's. They learn so much from game to game and each one is critically important in regards to understanding scheme, play and technique.

I cant tell if people have autism assburgers or fucking retardation. What does anything i said and you said have to do with this thread being bad(if youre talking about the op who is me) unless you're talking about the responses so far and in that i understand where you might be coming from.

Reactions: DC