Mitch played great but one thing I keep seeing ...

TarHeelBear

Liked Posts:
This Bears ran a lot of wheel routes yesterday. Trubisky was basically looking on one side of the field for his reads.

That was the simplification Nagy was talking about I am sure.

His eyes yesterday stayed on one side of the field.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On this particular play, it wasn't a wheel route more so than a corner route, which is what makes this pass that much more impressing. Trubisky released before AR broke to the corner and by the time he did, the ball was dropped over his shoulder.

That's one thing that impresses me with Rodgers so much is his ability to release a ball before even his receivers know the ball is released, and place it exactly where it needs to be. That's why Rodgers can make a good group of receivers from a bunch of scrubs because as a corner you're always taught to play the ball based on what the receiver is telling you. When the receivers eyes go up, your eyes turn to the ball and your hands go up. It's impossible to defend when the ball is released even before the receiver knows it's released because as a corner with your back to the ball, you're given nothing to tell you when to get your head around.

If Trubisky can consistently add that element to his game, with these receivers, this offense will be elite.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hear ya and it might sound like the perfect answer because it worked. But from the standpoint of obviously open receivers to a guy that he feels "good" about, thats what scares me. We could have been discussing this in a negative way due to Howards wide open spot had Robinson or Mitch not executed that play.

Check downs are for losers. Throw TD passes

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
I hear ya and it might sound like the perfect answer because it worked. But from the standpoint of obviously open receivers to a guy that he feels "good" about, thats what scares me. We could have been discussing this in a negative way due to Howards wide open spot had Robinson or Mitch not executed that play.

Only on this effing board will someone say: "Sure, he threw a Touchdown pass and all.. But I think he should have thrown it to someone else instead".

Christ.

Reactions: Myk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Only on this effing board will someone say: "Sure, he threw a Touchdown pass and all.. But I think he should have thrown it to someone else instead".

Christ.

Exactly.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You have to be able to look past all the 'but so and so was open' arguments.

That play showed the most growth I have seen from Trubs yet. It was a thing of beauty.

Defense was in a cover 2. Cohen was the outside receiver, AR to the inside. Cohen and AR ran a crossing pattern, Cohen a post, AR a corner route. Cohen drew his corner and the safety help on the post route, leaving AR in a one on one with a step on his defender. Trubisky threw the ball before AR broke to the corner, while AR was still facing inside. That's an elite throw when you can beat your WR to the spot.

I sat here and listened to all the Trubisky playing scared talk and for once he makes and excellent read and an excellent throw, and people bitch that he didn't make the safe throw.

Against elite defenses that throw to Howard in the flats won't be there which is why guys like Brady and Rodgers make their money on making throws like Mitch made. He has to learn to make those throws if he stands any chance at excelling in this league and we need to celebrate them.

Some common sense in this thread