Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is an excellent article about how the coaching staff views Mitch and his development. Some posters here point to Mitch having 16 NFL starts without factoring in the new offensive system and what that means in the big picture. Pro coaches don't exactly view it that way and neither do some of the of the posters here that have a better understanding of football.

Some highlights...

"Trubisky’s historic performance happened to be his 16th career start, a tidy number in the NFL world and an especially meaningful one for our relentless microanalysis of his development. He finally has started a full season’s worth of games.

Three days before Trubisky calmed Chicago’s anxiety about him for at least a few hours, offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich reflected on that milestone. Sixteen starts since college and 29 since high school.

“It’s limited,” he said of the resume."

Only four of those games have been with Nagy and Helfrich in their quarterback-driven offense. That’s their reasoning for why Trubisky’s fundamentals have betrayed him at times during the Bears’ 3-1 start. Why he has missed some targets and taken some sacks.

Why more afternoons like last Sunday are ahead. And why more growing pains are too.

“We’re learning more each week about what the tipping point is for scheme,” Helfrich said. “What the tipping point is for personnel things, motions. We’re asking him to do a ton at the line of scrimmage. We need to find that sweet spot between maximizing everything that we need to do and overload.”

This is from Dave Ragone from the same article:

The stats were awesome, Ragone admits, but he is focused more on Trubisky’s growth. Sure, the six touchdowns reflect growth, but not as clearly as, say, the 33-yard completion to Taylor Gabriel that didn’t reach the end zone.

Gabriel ran a deep over route from the right slot, the narrowest split of three receivers to that side. Against a single-high safety, Trubisky hit him in stride. Beautiful.

Two weeks earlier against the Seahawks, Trubisky overthrew that throw. Same receiver, same route, same single-high safety. Trubisky attributed the miss to not trusting how his footwork dictated his timing.

On the second try, though, against the Bucs?

“There wasn’t a blink in his eye,” Ragone said. “He had the footwork. He put his (back) foot in the ground, had conviction, made the throw. It’s about not making the same mistake twice. It’s about having a control and confidence about yourself.”

And this also from Ragone:

This is why Ragone, when presented with Trubisky’s full-season sample size, uses permanent black marker to delineate between the 12 starts last year and four this year.

In his estimation, Trubisky’s meaningful takeaways from last season are limited to emotional and procedural experiences.

He learned how to structure his work week as a starting quarterback. He felt what it’s like to start on Monday Night Football. He experienced the thrill of leading a game-winning overtime drive that began at the Bears’ 7-yard line in Baltimore. He gained the sense of accomplishment from beating the Bengals on the road.

But when it comes to getting comfortable in Nagy’s scheme, Trubisky is only six months and four games into it. Only now is he getting second chances to run plays and improve on the first attempt.

The whole article is here:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-mitch-trubisky-comfort-development-20181005-story.html

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If that's the footwork we're talking about, I'm on board. I think to many related that sort of comment to his throwing motion. The timing has been off because he's been too careful and unwilling to trust everything.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I'm really uncomfortable discussing another man's sweet spot.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think most fans will chill now after the TB game. We just needed to see he is capable. I thought Trubisky was going to be good and have said so more than once. But after the first 3 games, he did have me wondering if we had another McNoun on our hands.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think most fans will chill now after the TB game. We just needed to see he is capable. I thought Trubisky was going to be good and have said so more than once. But after the first 3 games, he did have me wondering if we had another McNoun on our hands.

McNown was an undersized ass hat with a weak arm. He was so ill prepared for the 49ers game in 2000, his teammates were ready to run him out of the organization.
Mitch is definitely not McNown.