Anyone else think Fangio could end up getting a HC job at year's end?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Obviously its still early in the season but the bears defense thanks to mack is elite and fangio will get plenty of credit for it. If he does leave the bears for a HC gig, who do you wanna see succeed him?

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Not a lot of good candidates are emerging.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
He’s 60 and the league seems to prefer offensive head coaches right now.

Given how old most of the best coaches in recent years are and how many are of a defensive background right now it doesn’t make sense, but that’s the way most will see it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it's possible, but not sure he is up for it. He's got it pretty cushy here in Chicago now plus a ridiculous team. Would really suck if he did decide to leave though.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The league isn’t hiring old defensive minded white guys anymore for HC.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No one is going out of their way to hire a defensive minded hc. They are usually the last resort hire when you strike out on qualified offensive minded ones. Also if he ever was to be a hc you would think it would have happened already

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No one is going out of their way to hire a defensive minded hc. They are usually the last resort hire when you strike out on qualified offensive minded ones. Also if he ever was to be a hc you would think it would have happened already

Tennessee just did it. Hasn’t seemed to be exactly helpful for Marcus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not many hot offensive coaches out there..so he probably has a shot. John Defilipo and Matt Lafleur and Steve Sarkisian are probably the only OCs that are poised for HC gigs. So Fangio could find himself interviewing for a couple of HC gigs

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I think the league is going young and offense.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
It's not likely but its definitely possible.

The problem with actually being a good team is that every other team is going to try to steal a piece of it.

It only takes one team to steal him away

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Vic is too old and grumpy for HC, he’s not polished enough. Plus I’m sure he wants to enjoy this defence for a few years. Can’t see him going - I think the windows for him becoming a HC or leaving to be the DC elsewhere have passed.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Have to question what teams will be looking for a new HC and are they looking for his skill set.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If Fangio gets a HC offer he is almost certainly going to take it. There is a type of mind that one must have to be an NFL coach and one of the properties of that type of mind is this type of almost singular ambition. I'm sure it bothers Vic that the likes of Zimmer, Bowles, Dan Quinn and Vance Joseph have gotten the job and he hasn't.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Fangio's window to be a HC closed a few years ago. He's older and not an offensive mind.