Would you trade Jordan Howard? What would your price be?

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I think it would be silly to limit our ground game by trading Howard when a playoff appearance is a real possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the bigger question is why is Nagy not using our best north south runner.

Because this offense is designed to kill you east/west with speed and then to go North South in the passing game once you have been stretched.

My guess is we will continue to see more of Cohen than we thought we would in the backfield.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I absolutely wouldn’t want to trade a talent like him

But if they wanted to trade him all talks have to at least start with a third rounder cause we will get a 3 round comp pick for him when/if he leaves in fa

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because this offense is designed to kill you east/west with speed and then to go North South in the passing game once you have been stretched.

My guess is we will continue to see more of Cohen than we thought we would in the backfield.

With teams preparing for Cohen's east/west speed, Nagy will start hitting them with Howard's north/south power.

This is what a good coach does.... when the NFL watches tape and adjusts, you are at least 1 step ahead, using different talent or tactics to gash them.

Nagy wasn't using Cohen or Gabriel effectively in the first couple weeks and then adjusted.

He was using Dion Sims, like an idiot, and adjusted.

When Shaheen is back he will find a way to use him.

I doubt this offense just settles into hitting teams the exact same way every week.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With teams preparing for Cohen's east/west speed, Nagy will start hitting them with Howard's north/south power.

This is what a good coach does.... when the NFL watches tape and adjusts, you are at least 1 step ahead, using different talent or tactics to gash them.

Nagy wasn't using Cohen or Gabriel effectively in the first couple weeks and then adjusted.

I doubt this offense just settles into hitting teams the exact same way every week.

I do not doubt that he will use Howard, but if someone wants to throw a premium pick at you for a player who probably is not a long term extension guy I think you have to listen.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I absolutely wouldn’t want to trade a talent like him

But if they wanted to trade him all talks have to at least start with a third rounder cause we will get a 3 round comp pick for him when/if he leaves in fa

As a RB he probably does not sign a big enough deal for us to get a 3rd.

But, because we are competitive this season I would not trade him unless someone really came with a strong offer. He has a value to the team that I put at least at a 2nd round pick.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't, but would understand if the Bears did trade Howard. You'd need a minimum mid- to early-2nd round pick IMO.

I do think though that Howard will still be featured a lot more. Bucs LBs would have done a lot better vs. Howard than they would against Cohen. Forcing them to cover Cohen and then use his speed was a better strategy than to run it with Howard. Kwon Alexander and Lavonte David aren't bad LBs, but they're not nearly quick enough or versatile enough in coverage. They're better thumpers IMO so it makes sense to stick with Cohen.

Hopefully you'll see a shift this week since Miami's run D looks pretty bad.

me654

Liked Posts:
imo Jordan will be traded eventually. You cant pay for a franchise QB and RB...one of them are eventually going to demand more money depending on success and this is a QB driven team now (finally). I like Jordan but RB's do come a dime a dozen and are ready to play out of the gate. Nagy's offense is not a team where RB's should expect a long career.

Also my guess is Pace/Nagy will want to get something out of him while in his prime.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
3rd round and it's done.

me654

Liked Posts:

This^^^

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do not doubt that he will use Howard, but if someone wants to throw a premium pick at you for a player who probably is not a long term extension guy I think you have to listen.

No argument there, but it better be a premium pick... like a good 2nd round pick.

If it is just a middle of the pack or low 3rd round pick, like a 3rd from the Eagles.... I think it is a waste of talent.

We don't have much size/power at RB without Howard.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The reports of Howard being "upset" are nothing but pure speculation based on him not talking with the media after the game. Howard never has liked talking with the media.

It could end up being true in the end. However, there's nothing of merit at this point.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If someone would offer a second rounder, you take it and run. If you're not going to use Howard to pound the ball into the defense 20 times to wear them out by the 4th quarter then he doesn't have a lot of value for an offense like this. As said before, he's a glorified LeGarrette Blount in that capacity. You could trade him, bring Ryan Nall up for those short-yardage type situations and probably not be much worse off for it.

That said, no way anyone gives up a 2nd for him. NFL GMs know all this as well. We'd need to hope for something like a Gurley injury and a desperate Rams team to come knocking.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reports of Howard being "upset" are nothing but pure speculation based on him not talking with the media after the game. Howard never has liked talking with the media.

It could end up being true in the end. However, there's nothing of merit at this point.

he was upset. Nagy spoke about it yesterday a bit...said emotions were running high after the game.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Nagy confirmed he was upset but that he got over it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

It just hit me.....Cohen's and Howard's nicknames

Lewis and Clark

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would.

Running backs are probably one of the easier positions to replace. Look at teams that have won the Super Bowl or have gotten to the Super Bowl over the last few years. They either have an average RB, or they use a RB by committee. So having a great RB isn't really necessary to make it to a Super Bowl... If we can turn a 5th round pick into a 3rd round pick, I would absolutely do it. Although, I think we could potentially get a 2nd for him given that he's only 23 years old.

Not only that, but you gotta think long term as well. Howard is in his third year, approaching extension time. He may ask for quite a bit of money.... why give it to him when we could just draft another RB who can potentially produce the same results at a much cheaper price?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If someone would offer a second rounder, you take it and run. If you're not going to use Howard to pound the ball into the defense 20 times to wear them out by the 4th quarter then he doesn't have a lot of value for an offense like this. As said before, he's a glorified LeGarrette Blount in that capacity. You could trade him, bring Ryan Nall up for those short-yardage type situations and probably not be much worse off for it.

That said, no way anyone gives up a 2nd for him. NFL GMs know all this as well. We'd need to hope for something like a Gurley injury and a desperate Rams team to come knocking.

Correct. He's simply not worth a 2nd rounder. If this was 20years, ago Pace could get more but teams simply don't give up much for North/south RB's.