Time to Worried about Nagy?

swz01

Liked Posts:
This one is not on the d. the d made the stops when it needed to. They stopped them from getting into fg range at the end of regulation and stopped them from scoring at the 1 yard line. The o had plenty of chances to put it away. the fumbles by howard and cohen and nagys shit play calling lost the game. Sucks because the offense was otherwise playing good.

You mean like giving 1 play touchdown drives on WR screens after previously getting shredded on WR screens? No pressure all day? Giving up big chunks of yardage on ground. D was terrible. 28 points is more than enough to win with a top 10 D against a shit opponent.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lots of mistakes... Mitch, pick in the endzone and missing some more wide open receivers, Howard, fumble in the endzone, Cohen fumble at midfield as the game could have ended in regulation, defense giving up 31, Nagy going conservative, Parkey missing the game winner...

Yep. Eddie Jackson and Amos probably played as poor as a game that I've ever seen. They were fucking terrible, like Archuleta terrible.

richb688

Liked Posts:
where the hell was the defense-great playcalling by vince

great play calling on defense-cist the bears two games

TL1961

Liked Posts:
“Give it to Howard!”
“Howard needs more touches!”
“Where is Howard in this offense?”
“Poor Jordan!”

“Fire Nagy for giving Howard the ball”

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Nagy doesn't play to win, he plays not to lose.

His clock management is god awful, worse than Trestman and Lovie Smith combined.

His refusal to run the ball early in the game, and obsession with screen passes makes the offense so predictable and it puts Mitch in a hole where he's got to convert 3 & long far too often.

Basically I hate him and all of his cute bullshit plays. The only one that actually works is the RB/TE option play and the QB keepers. Throw the rest of that shit in the trash.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The dolphins had two huge plays on dumpoffs that included guys flatfooted and/or missing tackles.

Blame the players. No play call looks good when you don’t execute.

28 points and 14 lost at the goal line. I don’t blame the offensive game plan.

richb688

Liked Posts:
defense should never ever never give up 30 points ot this qb

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You mean like giving 1 play touchdown drives on WR screens after previously getting shredded on WR screens? No pressure all day? Giving up big chunks of yardage on ground. D was terrible. 28 points is more than enough to win with a top 10 D against a shit opponent.

What about forcing a fumble and recovering and giving your team a chance to score and win? this is on the O.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nagy doesn't play to win, he plays not to lose.

His clock management is god awful, worse that Trestman and Lovie Smith combined.

His refusal to run the ball early in the game, and obsession with screen passes makes the offense so predictable and it puts Mitch in a hole where he's got to convert 3 & long far too often.

Basically I hate him and all of his cute bullshit plays. The only one that actually works is the RB/TE option play and the QB keepers. Throw the rest of that shit in the trash.

Your first two statements are contradictory.

With the lead he played agressive. Didn’t try running out the clock. So, is that poor clock management? The opposite is playing not to lose.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
IMO Nagy's lack of play calling experience was ignored. He clearly has a lot to learn. However, you can't give the players a pass because the coach lacks experience. The turnovers and poor tacking are the reason this team lost today.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
Your first two statements are contradictory.

With the lead he played agressive. Didn’t try running out the clock. So, is that poor clock management? The opposite is playing not to lose.

No they're not. His poor clock management is him letting 21 seconds tick off the clock before calling timeout at the end of regulation. Either call time out right away and give yourself a chance if they miss a field goal, or don't call one and let time run out. He did the same in OT, he "iced" their kicker about 20 seconds too early, they weren't even lined up for the kick. Just stupid shit that only Bears coaches seem to blunder.

swz01

Liked Posts:
What about forcing a fumble and recovering and giving your team a chance to score and win? this is on the O.

28 points is enough to win against a shit opponent. The end. The offense was more than good enough to win. The Defense was an epic fail.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Just watched his press conference. Did anybody catch the question that was asked at the very end where he just said "No comment?" He looked very agitated, as one would after choking away the game the way the Bears did for the 2nd time this year.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
If you give up 30 points to the Dolphins you deserve to lose. It would've been a 53 yard FG even on an incomplete pass I'm not sure why u are so fixated on that

It wasnt just the result, it was the intent. You have to go for the first there and not assume anything. Running had a low chance of working there. Passing gives you a much better chance to get the first and an easier fg.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:

What about missing tackles and osweilers jersey being clean. Wtf?! They played like a Mel tucker defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It wasnt just the result, it was the intent. You have to go for the first there and not assume anything. Running had a low chance of working there. Passing gives you a much better chance to get the first and an easier fg.

While I was calling for a play action pass in that spot. Had Nagy done so, and the offense hadn't converted for whatever reason, the plebs on this board would have been saying why didn't he run it with Howard there? He was shredding that drive. Herp, derp blah blah blah.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
What about missing tackles and osweilers jersey being clean. Wtf?! They played like a Mel tucker defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, you're quoting one of CCS's finest space cadets. Save the bandwidth.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
There was less than 25seconds left. I don't blame him for kneeling. He doesn't have Manning or Bradt back there, I'm not even sure if Belichek goes for it as well.

Mitch was balling that second half. Not letting him throw one pass before the end of regulation or in IT was a total bitch move.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy pissed in press conference. He said you don't go back and pass there risking a sack. Whether anyone agrees or disagrees, that was and is his stance.