Gavin Floyd Will Probably Stay Put

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ERA or FIP in the low 3's.

his ERA is 3.85 for his career. that isnt bad being in the AL. His FIP will always be higher, he is not a power pitcher, not a K pitcher, pitches to contact, that is why his perfect game and no hitter were so odd.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
his ERA is 3.85 for his career. that isnt bad being in the AL. His FIP will always be higher, he is not a power pitcher, not a K pitcher, pitches to contact, that is why his perfect game and no hitter were so odd.

I know. I didn't say it was bad. In fact, it is quite good. However, like you said, he isn't a power pitcher and won't put up those dominating K numbers. I'd still love to have him for 14 MM.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know. I didn't say it was bad. In fact, it is quite good. However, like you said, he isn't a power pitcher and won't put up those dominating K numbers. I'd still love to have him for 14 MM.

The power aspect of him probably has what has kept him from being on the DL and keeping those 200 innings every year. dont get me wrong, it is fun watching power pitchers, but when it comes to long term high priced deals, it is a bit scary.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
For what Buehrle is, I like him. Sturdy, reliable, has had some rough stretches (but whom hasn't). Is he truly the ace? No. Danks gives us the best chance to win everyday, but I'd take Buehrle a lot more than I wouldn't.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Floyd is a pretty solid pitcher. But Danks has better stuff, if the more kid could ever get run support he'd be a perennial 18 game winner*

* I realize that win totals DONT measure a pitchers value.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd is a pretty solid pitcher. But Danks has better stuff, if the more kid could ever get run support he'd be a perennial 18 game winner*

* I realize that win totals DONT measure a pitchers value.

6 runs isn't enough for you?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Where did you pull that # from?

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Code:
Run Support in Games Started Total runs in Starts, Avg. is per 27 outs
Avg	0	1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	Other Game Totals
4.52	1	5	4	5	2	1	5	4	2	2	11 runs

You weren't referring to that^? Which I don't get, because according to ESPN... He gets 6.08.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
im looking specifically at games he lost. the games he won, the sox scored a lot of runs, the ones he lost, the offense was horrible.

Got it. I was looking at his 2010 averages.