Zero Chance To Beat New England

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I actually think the bears win by two scores or more. I had a bad feeling in my gut with regards to the dolphins over the last two weeks. I told myself it's not a trap game, they had a bye. They'll be fine. It turned out it was. Having said that, I'm supremely confident the Bears win Sunday. Almost 0 doubt in my mind. And, I know, my gut means nothing. Just letting everyone know.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Willing to bet Pats get more than 0 penalties in Chicago. That's where it ends for me though

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WOTNE is entitled to his opinion. He feels that the Bears have no chance to beat New England. I disagree. Las Vegas disagrees too. But for all we know, WOTNE is right. We shall see.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m not going to say zero chance. But there is no way I would bet a $1 that bears win that game. If that defense comes out like it did against Miami Brady is going to have a record game

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We are probably going to be 3-3 after the Pats game.

It means we have to beat the Jets and the Bills, which is very doable if the defense doesn't piss down their leg, and then they are 5-3 going into the divisional games.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I feel that our defense is better than KC, but not if they play the same as they did against Miami.
I feel Brady has a slightly better than Trubisky :)

I think that the Patriots are the favorite going into this game because they performed well last night and beat a very good team, and we played poorly against a team that we should have beaten (O-line hurt, back-up QB, we were coming off bye, ect...).

I think we can win, but we will need to play up to our full potential on both sides of the ball, because the Patriots are a very good team that has only gotten better since they were beaten by the Lions.

I think this is what makes the loss to the Phins even worse, because I tend to agree that we have a high probability of losing again next week to the Pats. It will be a huge upset if we win....

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Another 4th qtr meltdown against one of the best QB's to play the game is asking for disaster.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
It will be tough for sure. Go in with low expectations, but the Bears have a chance since it's at Soldier. First, the defense has to get get back to stuffing the run. That's #1. After that, Brady will do a lot of short and mid-range passing to slow down the rush, but will take some shots. So the defense has to make some plays. Despite the 43 points yesterday, Brady is having a bit of age. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely still a top QB but errant throws are starting to show up more. The Patriots will definitely get yards and scores, but the D has to do enough to at least force a couple turnovers or hold them to field goals. They just can't let 4 yard checkdowns go for 75-yard TDs.

The Pats defense has showed it can give up points so that gives some hope for the offense. Wasn't Nagy part of the crew when the Chiefs beat the Pats last year? But they can't have goofy mistakes like fumbling near the end zone. I'd add it would be nice to have a bit of luck. For instance, if the Pats came out flat on the road after having a shootout with KC. But maybe that's too much to hope for. I will say I'm glad they won yesterday only because I don't think they are a team that loses 2 in a row that often.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The Bears will score some points, but I think the Bears defense is not nearly as good as people think, plus you are asking Fangio to out coach Belichick, that's not going to happen. The defense will give up close to 40, then the real questions going forward will start to come out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Sunday would be a great day to catch up on the yard work, rake those leaves. You know that winery you've been wanting to visit? Sunday would be the ideal time to do that. Perhaps winterize your lawnmower and boat if you have one.

It's going to be a bloodbath, find something else to do, anything else really.

You'd think but it could be next weeks version of any given Sunday. I though 95% of this board took yesterday's game too lightly.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems most underestimated the fish. Frank Gore still a beast. Miami had a good game/plan.

I definitely underestimaged them, but mostly I underestimated the Heat. Dolphins tried to give the game away as much as we did.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I feel that our defense is better than KC, but not if they play the same as they did against Miami.
I feel Brady has a slightly better than Trubisky :)

I think that the Patriots are the favorite going into this game because they performed well last night and beat a very good team, and we played poorly against a team that we should have beaten (O-line hurt, back-up QB, we were coming off bye, ect...).

I think we can win, but we will need to play up to our full potential on both sides of the ball, because the Patriots are a very good team that has only gotten better since they were beaten by the Lions.

I think this is what makes the loss to the Phins even worse, because I tend to agree that we have a high probability of losing again next week to the Pats. It will be a huge upset if we win....

I am not saying our offense is as good as KC's, but New England had no answers for KCs offense last night.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You'd think but it could be next weeks version of any given Sunday. I though 95% of this board took yesterday's game too lightly.

I agree with that part. Everyone here was predicting a score like the TB game, yet Vegas had it at 3 1/2 as late as midweek.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
I thought we would beat Miami, but I thought it would be close. In an NFL game, just forget who is favored. Each game is rarely predictable. I am disappointed in a few aspects of the game and encouraged by others. We are going to be ok. Our opponents are paid to win too. We have a good team and we are going places. I am not afraid of New England. They are a good team, but we are vastly improving over last year. The game will be like many others. It will be very close and will come down to a handful of plays. I think we will win it by a field goal.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think we will be able to score on the Pats, but what beat us this week, is exactly what the Patriots do well, the quick passing game. Brady gets the ball out very quickly and as soon as he starts to suck you in he will go over the top or find the match up that allows Gronk to go for 40 yards on a seam pass.

Vic is conservative, so we will likely go in with, no blitzing, no press coverage and Brady will eat us up.

If Vic changes his MO, I would be very surprised. We have to steal some possessions from the Patriots if we have any chance of a win, and I just don't see it happening.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Just for the record, DAL beat the shit out of JAX this weekend. It happens.

Yes it does. There are so many variables in the game. Weather is just one. Both teams were really gassed and running for the water jug due to the heat. Still, Miami is more used to it and the Bears were coming off a vacation week. I am not making excuses. Just stating facts. Advantage Miami. In a close fought game, it only takes a few of the variables to shift the advantage. All the hype needs to be ignored before the game and all the predictions are just hot air. Teams have great games and games they would like back. Look at Green Bay against the Lions....