Thoughts and Observations: Week 6 Dolphins

DB51

Liked Posts:
I've seen this a million times. A "new" QB has a fantastic record breaking game one week and everyone is thinking super bowl. The next week they lose throw a couple ints ect and everyone is wondering WTF? I saw this with Romo years ago too.
I could have told you guys this was going to happen, I was hoping it wouldn't but somehow I knew better. Now Brady's coming to town and we'll be 3-3 with the old though of "are we even going to make the playoffs?" coming back to haunt us.

Cheers gentlemen...

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I've seen this a million times. A "new" QB has a fantastic record breaking game one week and everyone is thinking super bowl. The next week they lose throw a couple ints ect and everyone is wondering WTF? I saw this with Romo years ago too.
I could have told you guys this was going to happen, I was hoping it wouldn't but somehow I knew better. Now Brady's coming to town and we'll be 3-3 with the old though of "are we even going to make the playoffs?" coming back to haunt us.

Cheers gentlemen...

Thanks for the heads up from the future, now I don't have to watch the game on Sunday and can do something more productive. Since you know so much from the future, can you tell me if the Bears are going to make the playoffs? I can just quit watching the Bears on Sunday and catch the games some other time, thanks buddy

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You called it when you said naggy is too screen happy. The offense started to do good once he adjusted away from it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You thought the Burton play should have been OPI?

That exact play is run constantly with no call, especially with a LB running from the middle. The Steelers had a WR blocking before the catch on their game winning TD and the Patriots had their LT run blocking a DB on a big Gronk catch.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I’m curious if anyone heard any post game comments from Fangio? I’d be curious to hear his take on his squad’s performance yesterday.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

That exact play is run constantly with no call, especially with a LB running from the middle. The Steelers had a WR blocking before the catch on their game winning TD and the Patriots had their LT run blocking a DB on a big Gronk catch.

But the only time the refs call that penalty is when it happens at the goal-line. The refs hardly ever call PI on a pick when it happens in the middle of the field. Burton's actions practically begged the refs to throw the flag. From my other thread:

The broadcast and announcing of the game was terrible, and they didn’t really delve into the offensive PI against Trey Burton. It seems like the refs only throw the flag on the ‘pick play’ when it’s a goal-line situation, and Burton did a really poor job of not turning and looking for the ball…he basically just ran into the Dolphin player and shoved him down. I thought it was kind of dumb to be passing on 1st and goal from the 3, but I guess Howard did have a goal-line fumble earlier in the game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It was 87 degrees in Miami yesterday, not 107. If guys really were struggling that's a conditioning issue. Ridiculous for professional athletes not to be able to handle 87 degrees.

Yeah i think anyone who's using the weather as any type of excuse for the Bears are reaching for reasons why we lost.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
-Taylor Gabriel was a signing that some doubted and said we over paid. He is 100% what this offense has been missing for years, a consistent deep threat that can actually run routes and catch the ball. His ability to create chunk plays has been huge and he and Mitch seem to have a connection that is growing. Mitch seems dialed in to how fast Gabriel is and where he needs to put the ball based on what he is running. He has been the biggest surprise for me as I liked the signing and didn't think he would produce like this.
I was definitely one of the ones who were down on Gabriel earlier. I'm happy he proved me wrong.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think if Burton didn't actually put his shoulder into the guy and just let the defender run into him instead of him giving the nudge with his shoulder it wouldn't of been called. Still something that happens all the time and more times then not isn't called.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was 87 degrees in Miami yesterday, not 107. If guys really were struggling that's a conditioning issue. Ridiculous for professional athletes not to be able to handle 87 degrees.

As someone that lives down here you have no clue what you're talking about. You don't just fly in and get adjusted to the humidity ezpz in 1 weekend like it's no big deal. Being a professional athlete makes literally no difference. Your conditioning makes literally no difference. Until it's mid-Dec and we get that 2 week no humidity spell it's fucking brutal and most certainly is a HUGE advantage for Miami.

Obviously it doesn't excuse the poor performance but it was certainly a big factor in why they looked so bad yesterday, especially defensively.

Folks just need to relax. Yesterday was the exact Trap game I was expecting. Tough road game in brutal weather coming off a bye week where everyone's blowing sunshine up the team's ass and underrating the Dolphins just because the Pats beat up on them. I wasn't shocked at all they came out flat.

I still like the direction this team is going overall. Despite all the mistakes and terrible start they hung in there and had plenty of opportunities to win a tough road game. Obviously the Pats next week is looking real tough but being at home should help some. The only real concern I have is with Mack's ankle. This defense is real suspect without him at 100% and causing his usual pressure.

I just hope this loss taught Nagy that he should not under any circumstances rely on Parker to make any FG ever. He had the offense rolling there for a spell down the stretch he should of stayed aggressive like the Pats did last night. Oh and if Mitch would actually hit the wide open TD's Nagy dials up at the start of games each week it would be super helpful lol.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah i think anyone who's using the weather as any type of excuse for the Bears are reaching for reasons why we lost.

It's not an excuse. I'm sure it was a factor. Just like Miami playing in Chicago in 5 degree weather I'm sure would be a factor. But it's not an excuse.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's not an excuse. I'm sure it was a factor. Just like Miami playing in Chicago in 5 degree weather I'm sure would be a factor. But it's not an excuse.

If it's being used as the reason why our defense got torched then it's not only an excuse but it's a bad excuse. These guys have all played in hot and cold weather and as mick said it was only 87 degrees which isn't the hottest weather they've played in. It is a reason for some of these guys gassing out a little quicker but no reason they can't get through it and catch their second wind.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Was at the game in row 4 right behind Bears sideline. Heat was oppressive. Miami shaded their side of the field but purposefully does not on the visitor side. Bears fans were basically hiding in the club room for a few series then coming out for a few and rinsing and repeating. Bears had dudes on the sideline holding up a tarp and trying to keep players cool.

In addition, 87 was the average. I checked a few times and the temp and humidity on the field where we were was 5-10 degrees higher at certain points.

Everyone sitting with me was worried we would collapse in 2nd half due to the heat. Take from that what you will but personally having been there I was not surprised at all about the D.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If it's being used as the reason why our defense got torched then it's not only an excuse but it's a bad excuse. These guys have all played in hot and cold weather and as mick said it was only 87 degrees which isn't the hottest weather they've played in. It is a reason for some of these guys gassing out a little quicker but no reason they can't get through it and catch their second wind.

102 on the field with 86% humidity.

Having played in it a year ago does not matter when you have been out of the heat for so long.

They sucked. The heat contributed to the suckage. Many on defense quit on a number of plays that we see them make.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like holy fuck I was just sitting there and sweating like a pig. Had a couple people got dehydrated just sitting there and had to get help. Once again the Dolphins are in the shade and the visitors are not. They purposefully built the stadium that way to make it shitty got the visiting team. So the two teams are not experiencing the same thing.

Vast portions of the visitor side spent the game down in the club room and refused to sit in their seats.

The shit was unbearably fucking hot and I come from The Bahamas. I spent about an hour in the club room and 2 hours in the sun. I am sunburned as fuck right now and peeling.

The heat was a clear factor period. How much who knows but it was not 87 on the field.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
My thoughts. For the first time in YEARS I was actually looking forward to this game. Waited two weeks for it, got fooled by the false hope. They showed me why, for the years prior to this game, why I never would think of planning a day around them.

As always, the players change, the coaches change, but the team stays the same.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the people that don't live down here acting like the weather is a complete non factor. LOL. I don't care how much cardio you think you do, come fly down here and go try and take a leisurely jog at noon right now much less play a football game in pads. I bet you don't make it a block before you're sweating like you just jumped in a pool, feel like you're going to have a heat stroke, and quit. Spare me the professional athlete shit. It doesn't matter.