NFL needs to maske it so Miami doesn't have noon games until later in the year.

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watching the sideline was brutal. Miami was in total shade, the Bears were baking. I know they had people running around with sun blockers but that is totally different. The entire sideline was baking all day reflecting and rediating all that heat.

The way their stadium is designed is total BS.

marioworld

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The fact that the two teams are not even in the same situation on the sidelines on that day, let alone different times of the season. In cold weather you can add layers, stand by a heater, run around... oh yeah, that's right they're playing football. In that heat, it's oppressive, plus the humidity. people were sitting in the stands on the Bears side and having trouble.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yep I was in the stands on Bears said and I would say at least 50% of the people in lower levels spent 30% or more of the game inside the club are.

It was not an enjoyable experience at all. it is also fucked up how Dolphins purposeful set things up so visitors have to bake in the heat.

Won't change until someone dies from or severely affected by heat exhaustion or dehydration.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No one saying it is. I am saying it is a safety issue. We just had a college player die from heat issues and the Dolphins purposefully putting players and fans at risk for home field advantage purposes.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Basically you are suggesting that all stadiums should be domes so we can take weather out of the equation

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Do NFL teams set the start times? I always thought the league took care of that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Basically you are suggesting that all stadiums should be domes so we can take weather out of the equation

No because the Dolphins and their fans were in the shade. The point is the Dolphins purposefully designed things so visitors have to deal with an increased risk of heat related issues.

If they had warned me beforehand that they had fucked me over then I would not have bought tickets or gotten them on the Dolphins side.

The fans on the Dolphins side were fine. It was the people on the Bears side that were fucked. I would have probably gotten dehydrated if I didnt see a 50 year old dude require assistance which made me go to the club room every few series and fill up on fluids.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disagree. Professional athletes should be in good enough shape to play in the heat. They're about to do the next world cup in Qatar which will make Miami feel like Montreal, and these guys run for 90 mins. Shape up, fatties.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No because the Dolphins and their fans were in the shade. The point is the Dolphins purposefully designed things so visitors have to deal with an increased risk of heat related issues.

If they had warned me beforehand that they had fucked me over then I would not have bought tickets or gotten them on the Dolphins side.

The fans on the Dolphins side were fine. It was the people on the Bears side that were fucked. I would have probably gotten dehydrated if I didnt see a 50 year old dude require assistance which made me go to the club room every few series and fill up on fluids.

From a design perspective, what could they have done differently though other than making a retractable roof?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

If they had warned me beforehand that they had fucked me over then I would not have bought tickets or gotten then on the Dolphins side.

does it suck to go to a game in excessive heat...yes. is it wrong for a team to design their stadium to give them a strategic advantage...no. Unless you are suggesting that all teams in the south who are more likely to experience high heat during the season be required to play in a dome. Other than that what are they supposed to do. build the stadium so that both teams and fans experience the same misery of baking in the sun?

It's Miami, if you think that it won't be hot and miserable on a sunny day than it's your own fault for any heat related complications

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Disagree. Professional athletes should be in good enough shape to play in the heat. They're about to do the next world cup in Qatar which will make Miami feel like Montreal, and these guys run for 90 mins. Shape up, fatties.

Montreal in the summer is pretty close to Miami now. Horribly hot, humid, and muggy.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thank god global warming is a hoax

Indeed. But Montreal has always been that way. Southern Ontario also. There are days when it literally feels like a sauna, and just breathing seems a struggle.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From a design perspective, what could they have done differently though other than making a retractable roof?

They designed the roof at an angle so the Sun is just on the visitors side. It is anywhere from 10-30 degrees cooler on the Dolphins side. Dolphins fans were actually laughing about it at the tailgate (lot of Bahamians are Dolphins fans due to it being a 30 minute flight so have season tickets).

My dad and cousin are season ticket holders and basically told me I was fucked. Thought they were just joking but they were right.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts: