Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Captain Objectivity.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Dan Orlovsky was on ESPN 1000 and he was saying that the deep shots to Gabriel were awesome, but the best throws Mitch made were his throws to Allen Robinson.

-On the TD throw, he has a zone defense with a box setting up around Robinson on the goal line, which you can do in the redzone because the safeties do not have to get deep. That throw needs to be out before Robinson settles down and with 0 hesitation as the box collapses in around Robinson. Trubisky knows he is throwing it pre snap as he recognizes zone and he sticks it in with 0 hesitation.

-On the 22 yard back shoulder on the sideline the CB drops and a flat defender comes underneath the route and Orlovsky said most NFL QBs won't even throw the route because technically it is covered with Robinson running a fly route into the CB at the goal line. He said what made it so impressive was that Mitch reads the coverage and goes back shoulder leading Robinson away from the over top defender, but what he said was the most encouraging thing was that Robinson saw the same thing and immediately adjusted in the exact same way.

It really appears that Robinson and Mitch are getting into a groove as the TB TD, Mia TD, and Mia backshoulder were all really nice reads, throws, routes and adjustments by both of them.

Just a good view of the Robinson pass:

https://twitter.com/_adamhess/status/1052598302162788354

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Mick is one of the few decent posters here. I may not agree with him on basically anything but he can admit when he’s wrong, has intelligent opinions, and takes much more flack for his opinions than anybody else here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think many people turned on Mitch early because they just could not bare the thought of investing in another QB and getting burnt, I myself had many moments of doubt. I still have doubts. If you are a Bears fan over 30 years old you have been so badly beaten around by the QB position that you do not want to believe that you have been left almost entirely devoid of hope. I know having had my formative football years be the transition from Burris, to Hutchinson, to Kordell, to Grossman, to Orton, back to Grossman, to Cutler, to McCown, to Cutler again, to Glennon, would leave any fan jaded.

I do not begrudge anyone for being slow to accept Mitch or for having serious doubts and a "show me attitude". I do no begrudge any fan who over reacts to the poor play of Mitch, because in my entire lifetime poor play and obvious issues has been followed by poor play and the same obvious issues. I came back every Sunday to watch the same position tank the team and the season. There is so much scar tissue built up that I think as Bears fans we have a defensive reaction to the QB spot. We do not want to believe that it can get better, because that belief has been so painful in the past.

I myself was guilty of Watson envy last season and it took everything in my power to continue to drag myself back to the fact that this takes time and it a process and that a small sample size can be deceiving. It was incredibly difficult all offseason to sit around with a huge ? mark at QB, to have to talk myself into Trubisky despite seeing so little as a rookie. But if the Watson situation has taught me anything it is that the narrative is often not based on fact or enough data to matter and that patience is required. What Carr, Mariota, and Winston have taught me is that you are not safe even 3 or 4 years down the line.

I have faith because this is different than before. Never have we seen a QB drafted by the Bears with Mitch's physical tools. Never have we had a QB with his make up, work ethic. and leadership qualities [Cutler truthers please feel free not to respond]. Never have we had a competent offensive coach who has worked with young QBs and comes from one of the most successful offensive systems in the NFL. We have never had this collection of offensive skill positions players since I have been watching the team. This is different. It does not mean it is going to be all positive, but it is different. I cannot allow my experiences and prejudices of the past to cloud what is happening right now. For so long we have watched horrendous meaningless football without a bright future to asses while the team platys. That is not the truth we are living now. The truth is that this team is relevant, they are talented, and every game the young QB and young HC are growing, developing, improving. It has been forever since those 3 words have been used to describe this team and my experience as a fan.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
The big throw he missed against Miller in the 1st, Dan Orlalavsky said he watched the play and thinks Miller cut the route short making it look like an over throw.
I saw this live and i called it....

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I think many people turned on Mitch early because they just could not bare the thought of investing in another QB and getting burnt, I myself had many moments of doubt. I still have doubts. If you are a Bears fan over 30 years old you have been so badly beaten around by the QB position that you do not want to believe that you have been left almost entirely devoid of hope. I know having had my formative football years be the transition from Burris, to Hutchinson, to Kordell, to Grossman, to Orton, back to Grossman, to Cutler, to McCown, to Cutler again, to Glennon, would leave any fan jaded.

I do not begrudge anyone for being slow to accept Mitch or for having serious doubts and a "show me attitude". I do no begrudge any fan who over reacts to the poor play of Mitch, because in my entire lifetime poor play and obvious issues has been followed by poor play and the same obvious issues. I came back every Sunday to watch the same position tank the team and the season. There is so much scar tissue built up that I think as Bears fans we have a defensive reaction to the QB spot. We do not want to believe that it can get better, because that belief has been so painful in the past.

I myself was guilty of Watson envy last season and it took everything in my power to continue to drag myself back to the fact that this takes time and it a process and that a small sample size can be deceiving. It was incredibly difficult all offseason to sit around with a huge ? mark at QB, to have to talk myself into Trubisky despite seeing so little as a rookie. But if the Watson situation has taught me anything it is that the narrative is often not based on fact or enough data to matter and that patience is required. What Carr, Mariota, and Winston have taught me is that you are not safe even 3 or 4 years down the line.

I have faith because this is different than before. Never have we seen a QB drafted by the Bears with Mitch's physical tools. Never have we had a QB with his make up, work ethic. and leadership qualities [Cutler truthers please feel free not to respond]. Never have we had a competent offensive coach who has worked with young QBs and comes from one of the most successful offensive systems in the NFL. We have never had this collection of offensive skill positions players since I have been watching the team. This is different. It does not mean it is going to be all positive, but it is different. I cannot allow my experiences and prejudices of the past to cloud what is happening right now. For so long we have watched horrendous meaningless football without a bright future to asses while the team platys. That is not the truth we are living now. The truth is that this team is relevant, they are talented, and every game the young QB and young HC are growing, developing, improving. It has been forever since those 3 words have been used to describe this team and my experience as a fan.

This.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All aboard the Trub Train!

Choo-Choo Motherfuckers!

137b54feb184ba1ea1c42b45cd133244.gif

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Like some other posters, I was actually more impressed with his performance in the second half against Miami than the big Bucs game, though he did well to hit the open targets downfield in that game too.

I'm getting much more encouraged by his development under Nagy in this offense that seems to suit him. Obviously he still has some issues with head scratching overthrows particularly early in games, but he's showing much more poise than before and I think he can build on this confidence and make it work.

I retract some of the harsher statements I've made about him because he obviously does have the potential to be the QB we've long been waiting for.

I also reserve the right to continue to be a drunken twat in IGTs when he fucks up.

Thanks

Mick, I just want to say ... I was kind of hard on you in Biff's thread, and then I saw this. I've always liked your posts and you're obviously one of the smarter posters here. But you WERE hard on Mitch, and I felt the need to say something ... let's leave it at that.

Mitch does have talent and I'm glad you made this thread. I'd like to add some things I see Mitch doing that we haven't seen from a Bears QB in a while:

1 - "The look off". Mitch has been doing a great job looking off the S's in the last few games. He zones in on a WR's sometimes still, but he's really improved at reading the field and looking off the S's.

2 - "The pump fake". I supported Jay, but the MF'er couldn't pump fake if his life depended on it. Watch Mitch next game. With legit 4.2 speed on the outside, Mitch has been using the pump fake beautifully on down and outs.

3 - "The Cadence". Mitch has done a great job with his cadence! He's drawn multiple encroachment/off sides from the opposing defenses this year.

4 - "Avoiding big hits". Mostly when he's running the ball ... he's very aware of the defenders around him, and never takes too big of a hit.

These are small things that I think all great QB's do. I said really early that the Bears were implementing an offense that was so good Bears fans (average fans) won't understand it. I hold to that prediction.

I think when Mitch and Nagy stack some games, the QB play will keep drastically improving. Couple that with these small things I see Mitch doing well already, and we'll have a team we should be proud of.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
early in their careers, I have...lots of young QBs sail passes....the good ones settle down and get accurate.....the bad ones don't

Already showed this with Mahomes, against NE, in another thread.

I guess it’s understandable. Of course as Bears fans we watch Mitch closer than any other QB, and have the tension, and or anxiety that comes with watching the team you love, in the heat of a game. We’re not nearly as invested, or on the edge of our seats, when watching other teams.

And most often, we only see the highlights of Non-Bears QBs.

Mr.Anderson

Liked Posts:
The thing that caught my attention is how they went into halftime flat. Trubs said he talked to his guys about turning it up during halftime, and then they proceeded to come out and basically flipped a switch and turned up the offense at will. Hopefully that was the realization point that we needed from them.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think many people turned on Mitch early because they just could not bare the thought of investing in another QB and getting burnt, I myself had many moments of doubt. I still have doubts..

I think many people retroactively remember the doubters as "turning on Mitch" when the larger consensus was he was not playing well and there was no sign of improvement forthcoming. I know every post I made during his struggles was always dutifully reminding everyone "it's just one game" and i took that to heart and said so let's look at JUST that game and how much he missed and how lowly his stats were ...

There is no comment I made during that time that I regret. And I am also overjoyed at how he played the last two games. I love it, and I am thrilled to give him full credit for his recent play - even if only "just the last 2 games". Go Bears!

Status
Not open for further replies.