Stolen from Reddit, Graphic of last years Goff vs this years Trubisky.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before the season there were comparisons of this years Bears team to last years Rams team. This graphic shows a nice comp of the QBs through thier first 5 games.

puyzzw7ruus11.jpg

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'd venture to say that Trubisky has significantly more rushing yards this year than Goff did last year. Too lazy to look it up, but that could close the gap on yardage between the two (and then some) so far.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Before the season there were comparisons of this years Bears team to last years Rams team. This graphic shows a nice comp of the QBs through thier first 5 games.

puyzzw7ruus11.jpg

He has been better than Goff through 5 games against better defenses. Goff, outside of Seattle, played some of the worst defenses in the league last season.

Now, Goff went off in the 2nd half of the season so we need to see more games like Miami out of Mitch.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some stats better (td to int ratio) some worse (yards, yards per)

Still pretty damn close though.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Also stolen from that reddit post in the comments:

Not pictured

Mitch: 70.2 completion percentage and 105.6 passer rating.

Goff: 62.8 completion percentage and 99.3 passer rating.

Pretty encouraging stuff, just have to make sure the keep the momentum going and continue building and improving.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Devils advocate game. In reality, the Bucs game inflates the numbers. He is playing well and showing improvement especially in the last two games. That one game makes up for the first few where he wasn't playing good at all.

Granted, the numbers are what they are because he scored those TD's fair and square.

I think the side by side would be more accurate through 3/4 or a whole season to paint a real picture.

Like what I'm seeing from Trubisky. Fingers crossed he keeps it up.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Devils advocate game. In reality, the Bucs game inflates the numbers. He is playing well and showing improvement especially in the last two games. That one game makes up for the first few where he wasn't playing good at all.

Granted, the numbers are what they are because he scored those TD's fair and square.

I think the side by side would be more accurate through 3/4 or a whole season to paint a real picture.

Of course the bucs game inflates the numbers
These stats are taken “in games” that were played
Thats how it works
Has Goff had a 6 td game ?
I dont know

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Is this going to be the narrative all season?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Were there no games that inflated Goff numbers?

I’m cool with not comparing mako to Goff. I think we should all be encouraged to see mako have two good games in a row. If he keeps building on that we will have for the first time since Sid luckman a franchise qb. It’s a work in progress

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hah, I read this earlier and was about to go back and copy paste here. Thanks for sparing me the trouble :)
Also stolen from that reddit post in the comments:

Pretty encouraging stuff, just have to make sure the keep the momentum going and continue building and improving.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's nice but don't care. Goff's progress has zero to do with Mitch's other than you expect them to improve over time.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's nice but don't care. Goff's progress has zero to do with Mitch's other than you expect them to improve over time.

Pretty sure it does.

They were training partners in the offseason, living together. I would assume your partner has an impact on your career progress :lol:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I agree to a point.

Goff would be the most accurate comparison because of the shocking number of similarities.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure it does.

They were training partners in the offseason, living together. I would assume your partner has an impact on your career progress :lol:

That is probably a slightly under rated storyline from the offseason. Who better to learn from than the guy who is living your existence. That is valuable experience.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Were there no games that inflated Goff numbers?

I’m cool with not comparing mako to Goff. I think we should all be encouraged to see mako have two good games in a row. If he keeps building on that we will have for the first time since Sid luckman a franchise qb. It’s a work in progress

Goff had two good games (neither worth more than Trubisky's best two games), and three whatever games in his first 5 last year. From a game by game perspective Trubisky still beats him out

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

That's the classic Dave Wannstedt argument. "We would have only given up 50 yards rushing if Barry Sanders didn't break off a 60 and 75 yard run."

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:

Can we then in turn take Mitch worst game out of the equation?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
It's like people don't even bother to read the whole post, and just get pissy someone's intro didn't fit their narrative. It was an other side of the coin statement.

I said he was playing well, and I said the numbers are what they are.