SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You know what's a really easy fix for an OC? Run the ball more....

I'm sure the Bears wanted to get as close of a look at Barkley while trying to preserve Howard in a lost season. Not that hard to understand, really.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Bears fans, over the years, have lost the ability to objectively make an analysis on a OC.

For years, the Bears answers to all their problems on O was to just fire the OC - without realizing that the issue was much more on Cutler and lack of talent.

Almost a conditioned response now: Don't have a good season? Fire the OC.

Loggains ran Howard about as hard as the Cowboys ran Elliot. The difference mainly comes down to the first 3 or 4 games. And in hind-sight, for a 3-win season, I'm glad he didn't run him harder. 1300 yards, sets a Bears record for a rookie, and people still aren't happy...

As I said, I was not a Loggains fan and definitely let it be known on here. I'm willing to give him another chance next year - and apparently so are the BEars. So these threads are moot.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually thought his scheme was solid. But he is NOT a good play caller. Yet.

And I'm not sure i want to wait around while he wastes Howard's best years.

Ya, lets run him into ground and waste him before it matters. Loggains run scheme and utilization is so poor that Howard is going to Hawaii.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Maybe I didn't explain myself right?

I did say I like Loggains scheme.

The problem is he doesn't run Howard when he should. How many time did Loggains call a pass on Whatever and SHORT? How many times did he call a pass near the goaline when Howard would've pounded it in?

I watched the games folks. And so did all my friends who hated Loggains PLAY-CALLING. Scheme was good. Play calling sucked. Read the last 4 months of Hub Arkush's webpage too. At LEAST once a week he called out Loggains for bad play-calling (i.e not giving Howard the ball more).

This isn't some myth i created.

His bad play calling was a VERY REAL PROBLEM in 2016. And if it continues next year, I PROMISE you he will be gone before Fox is.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Maybe I didn't explain myself right?

I did say I like Loggains scheme.

The problem is he doesn't run Howard when he should. How many time did Loggains call a pass on Whatever and SHORT? How many times did he call a pass near the goaline when Howard would've pounded it in?

I watched the games folks. And so did all my friends who hated Loggains PLAY-CALLING. Scheme was good. Play calling sucked. Read the last 4 months of Hub Arkush's webpage too. At LEAST once a week he called out Loggains for bad play-calling (i.e not giving Howard the ball more).

This isn't some myth i created.

His bad play calling was a VERY REAL PROBLEM in 2016. And if it continues next year, I PROMISE you he will be gone before Fox is.

Maybe you didn't read right? People are saying why would we run Howard into the ground when the season was lost and we needed to evaluate Barkley as much as possible? In your opinion, did Loggains not run Howard more because he didn't realize it was a good idea, or to save him as much as possible while seeing what Barkley could do?

Hint: The answer is obvious.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

That there is some good statistical analysis folks....

:obama:

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Almost a conditioned response now: Don't have a good season? Fire the OC.

When you have the worst record in team history for a 16 game season...yeah, i think heads should roll.

We're not talking about 7-9

We went 3-13 in a season where more Howard perhaps would have won some of the close games in which Howard ran all over the opponent.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Cool. Let's circle back up here on this next year around this time...

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Maybe you didn't read right? People are saying why would we run Howard into the ground when the season was lost and we needed to evaluate Barkley as much as possible? In your opinion, did Loggains not run Howard more because he didn't realize it was a good idea, or to save him as much as possible while seeing what Barkley could do?

Hint: The answer is obvious.

What people?

I think most people know that John Fox and Dowell Loggains came out with the same plan every week. To WIN. Coaches don't get paid to save talent in a lost season unless there's a 30 million risk (i.e. Tyrod Taylor). They get paid to let the best players play. "Lost season" had NOTHING to do with Loggains bad play calling.

C'mon man.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
When you have the worst record in team history for a 16 game season...yeah, i think heads should roll.

We're not talking about 7-9

We went 3-13 in a season where more Howard perhaps would have won some of the close games in which Howard ran all over the opponent.

So, what you're really trying to say is running him into the ground for 4 or 5 wins would have been worth it....

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What people?

I think most people know that John Fox and Dowell Loggains came out with the same plan every week. To WIN. Coaches don't get paid to save talent in a lost season unless there's a 30 million risk (i.e. Tyrod Taylor). They get paid to let the best players play. "Lost season" had NOTHING to do with Loggains bad play calling.

C'mon man.

You try to win, of course.....but I think Fox and the coaching staff's biggest priority this season was to develop and evaluate talent. Once Jay and Hoyer went down, the season was officially over. Hell, with the way Jay was playing, it was over with him too. They had to see what Barkley could handle once he was really the only guy. They knew what they had in Howard. They didn't know what they had in Barkley. Evaluate Barkley, save Howard, and ensure a top draft selection. Not that they had to try too hard to do that. Without a viable QB and no secondary to speak of, you really have no chance in the NFL.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
So, what you're really trying to say is running him into the ground for 4 or 5 wins would have been worth it....

Well let's see....we lost 6 games by a TD or fewer. We win those, we have 9 wins.

So no, I'm not talking about 4 or 5 wins.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You try to win, of course.....but I think Fox and the coaching staff's biggest priority this season was to develop and evaluate talent. Once Jay and Hoyer went down, the season was officially over. Hell, with the way Jay was playing, it was over with him too. They had to see what Barkley could handle once he was really the only guy. They knew what they had in Howard. They didn't know what they had in Barkley. Evaluate Barkley, save Howard, and ensure a top draft selection. Not that they had to try too hard to do that. Without a viable QB and no secondary to speak of, you really have no chance in the NFL.

I hear what you're saying man, but let's be honest, the lack of running the ball this season started long before Barkley took over.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Well let's see....we lost 6 games by a TD or fewer. We win those, we have 9 wins.

So no, I'm not talking about 4 or 5 wins.

LOFL

You officially can't be taken seriously. And after only 13 posts... Might be a new record.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I really have no problem with Loggains. Yeah, he needs to run more but that's an easy fix. I'm more encouraged by the effectiveness of the running game then i am discouraged by the frequency of it. When you factor in everything he had to deal with in terms of injuries-especially at quarterback-i think he showed enough signs to warrant another year at least.

He's a young coach who I think will get better with experience. And an actual QB wouldn't hurt.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Well Pointed op but the unfortunate part of this strategy is that running the football doesn't win championships anymore.

There has to be a balance, that's the key.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
The only reason I would point to, when considering a change at OC, for letting Loggains go would be if I believed he could successfully develop a rookie quarterback into one that can lead a perennial contender.

Now while I do not believe Loggains can do so, Pace and Fox seem willing to give him the chance (presuming we draft a QB of the future this offseason). I cant blame them for that, because Loggains has had crap to work with at the position so far. Given that we are unlikely to compete for a postseason birth next year, I am not against the decision to keep him on staff, but next year we can re-evaluate the decision with more information.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The only reason I would point to, when considering a change at OC, for letting Loggains go would be if I believed he could successfully develop a rookie quarterback into one that can lead a perennial contender.

Now while I do not believe Loggains can do so, Pace and Fox seem willing to give him the chance (presuming we draft a QB of the future this offseason). I cant blame them for that, because Loggains has had crap to work with at the position so far. Given that we are unlikely to compete for a postseason birth next year, I am not against the decision to keep him on staff, but next year we can re-evaluate the decision with more information.

WTF are you talking about??? Did you miss the part where we would have won 9 games THIS YEAR if he would have used Howard more?? 9 wins would have got us in this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.