Former GM throwing shade at Trubisky

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/b...y-bears-he-cant-throw-ball-inbounds-half-time

“No, I'm not buying Mitchell Trubisky," Lombardi said. "You couldn’t get me to buy Mitchell Trubisky if you had him on a discount rack at Filene’s Basement. There’s no chance. There’s no chance. He can’t throw the ball inbounds half the time. I mean, it’s a joke. I was in Chicago this week and all I saw was Trubisky jerseys and I'm thinking you people are crazy. You’re going to be selling them in three years. There’s no way."

Lombardi did provide a little praise for Trubisky before going back to scorching the earth.

"Look, he's a good athlete, he runs around, he can make some plays with his feet, but when he has to make precise throws..." Lombardi said. "Brett Favre said this one time and I think it really applies. Bad quarterbacks can throw the ball through a door, good quarterbacks can hit the door knob, the great ones throw it through the key hole. You think Trubisky can throw the ball through a key hole with that precision? There's no chance, right? I just don't see it."

Calls the Bears overvalued and a product of an easy schedule. Lombardi has worked for Bill Walsh, Al Davis and Belichick.

Agree? Disagree?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yawn. Im not even pro trubisky but that rant was cringe worthy

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He drafted Jamarcus Russel and Manziel.

If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt it as I am too lazy to google, then it is pretty funny and the guy completely lacks credibility. Its also telling when it is a "former GM".

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Sounds like DT there.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tarik Cohen is throwing shade back for Mitch on Twitter.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:
If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt it as I am too lazy to google, then it is pretty funny and the guy completely lacks credibility. Its also telling when it is a "former GM".

He was GM for the Browns. Lasted a year. Nuff said.

And yes, he was the main director of pro scouting for oakland and did draft Russell as well.

This guy's opinion matters less than Matt Millen, think about that.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I think back in 2010-ish he called Phillip Rivers the MVP of the league and the best QB over Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, ect. He said Rivers would be his pick of the litter among all at that time. This pudgy fat fuck is an absolute moron. Or maybe not because we are talking about him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm 100% confident if this dweeb was GM of the browns in 2017 and didn't get his ass fired he would have drafted trubisky 1st overall.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I just hope the coaches make sure Mitch sees this.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You could write the responses to these threads without seeing them.

The basics of Lombardi's point is that Trubisky has issues throwing the football and the Bears have had an easy schedule (factually the easiest in the NFL). Regardless of who he's drafted in the past, he's correct.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
He makes a lot more throws than he misses. Cutler had a great arm and made some great throws (though I don't know how you throw a football through a key hole), but it's more about making the right reads, sensing the right timing, making the right throws, knowing when not to throw.

Have to admit Trubisky has generally displayed restraint; he doesn't throw a lot of picks; and he's shown pocket awareness and ball protection that Cutler never did; and he's ran for tons of 1st downs without dirtying his jersey.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just as a reminder, the only draft this guy ever had as a GM he drafted Barkevious Mingo in the first round.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This is like saying a RB gains more yards than he loses.

This is like saying you like kizer as a QB prospect then realizing he missed nearly as many throws as he has completed so far in his career.

Evidently, not too easy bro.

Least you got 4god.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I'm waiting for Jerry Angelo's article on Trubisky.