Parkey will be kicking at Soldier Field this week

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought they said on The Score yesterday that Kevin Butler, among others maybe (?), practiced at Soldier Field. Not a bad idea if they aren’t going to being in another kicker. I am all for having confidence in Parker but at some point they have to make a move if he can’t get it done.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Makes almost "too much" sense to practice in the exact environment that you kick for real in.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm putting out a "Called It" on Parkey. He's going to hit the game winning field goal this week from 40+ yards. Because that's just the way the NFL works....

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mannely said on 670 that he would practice at Soldier Field with Gould and it definitely helped.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mods, I appreciate the merge! Didn't see this thread from yesterday.

staleystarch

Liked Posts:
Mannely said on 670 that he would practice at Soldier Field with Gould and it definitely helped.

I heard him on 670 too. He also noted how different the winds are in Soldier Field than other outdoor stadiums and how different the two end zones are because of the shape of the stadium.

mecha

Liked Posts:
That Jesus made me do it stuff ain't gonna fly in the locker room when it continues in December or January. Somebody like Hicks or Roy Rogers-Harris will bring down God's WRATH on Parkeys weird 12 and 52 year old looking face.

fucking cried when I read this the other day :lmao: supermeatballboy may be a fascist twat but this post has to get an honorable mention.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Really?

Because everything I've seen and heard from local newspaper and radio media over the past two days is that it's *possible* Parkey could make it over there this week, but ultimately *not likely* because of the commute from Halas Hall, which seems idiotic. Plenty of people have to drive from the burbs to downtown each day, but everything I've read and heard from local media says that's what's stopping it from happening this week.

There could have been a development since then that I've missed.

ESPN 1000 had Kevin Butler on on Monday and he talked about how they'd drive to Soldier Field a few times a week, meet with staff, kick some field goals, pick up some food and head back and share a bunch of food for the rest of the team. They *wanted* to go to Soldier a few times a week---they made a fun thing of it.

It doesn't sound like Parkey *wants* to go to Soldier Field, but that's just speculation and reading between the lines by me.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
This seems outlandish but is actually a really good question:

Dave Anderson
@FoPoJunior13
Replying to @WaddleandSilvy
Would you rather have Cody Parkey or Connor Barth kick ONE 47 yard field goal in Soldier Field if your life depended on it. #WSWouldYouRather

Caulkinthecrack

Liked Posts:
Take the freaking north shore metra into downtown Special person. Either way doesn’t matter.

Parker’s confidence was destroyed by his last shit showing.

Stick a fork in em.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Parkey just confirmed he will be there tonight. My best guess is he will be there Thursday night as well.