Mitch Trubisky NFC Player of the Week

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Said Trubisky to PFT when asked to respond to Lombardi after Sunday’s win, “I’m not sure who that is.”

ae4447e02530e5a0b9c8e7f06d042f52.gif

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
Every single loss was on the defense or special teams.

Howard fumbled at the one yard line with no one in front of him and Burton got called for a pick play that cost a TD. That Miami game was in the offense's hands and they blew it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are you sold on him now? Or still in wait and see mode? It's fine either way... just curious. Don't think there's anything wrong with being in wait and see mode. It's still early. I personally am sold though.

I'm close. I'm sold on his ability. Still need to see more consistency and what they do against better teams. This week will be a very good indicator of where they're at. I'm 80% sure he's the guy we've long been waiting for.

me654

Liked Posts:
I think the Dolphins game was on the defense and Nagy...

Trubisky had plenty of input into the loss at GB and against the Pats, but the Pats game was a failure at all 3 phases

The defense gave up 21 pts in the 4th to GB.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Honestly it should have been Zeke but it's not Mitch is totally unworthy. I think Mitch got some bonus points for getting just spit roasted in the media the week prior to just lighting up the Lions.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with this, but I wouldn't say it anymore. People are far too sensitive. Expect abuse.

Lol...I know.

I can't believe all the call-out threads you're generating. You're famous here!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

After giving up nothing all game and scoring a TD themselves. I won't blame the offense too much for only putting up 14 points and not being able to get a first down to close out the game late, because it was their first game as an offense playing together. But to blame the defense for that game is ridiculous.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm close. I'm sold on his ability. Still need to see more consistency and what they do against better teams. This week will be a very good indicator of where they're at. I'm 80% sure he's the guy we've long been waiting for.

@msadows

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well deserved. He played like a pro bowler on Sunday. Just a pity our posters can't just be happy about it and need to immediately go to the sarcasm about people who doubted him.

This offense is perfect for him and he's grown into it and his play has improved enormously. Everyone is happy, except for those who can't seem to deal with the fact that some people weren't immediately sold on him. Maybe one day they'll get over it.
Your post would also have been better with just the positive stuff.:beer: I'd like this hatchet buried but responding will only prolong it.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The offense was putrid for the first 2 weeks, let’s not pretend otherwise.

No need to re-hash old arguments here. Someone breakdown the Vikings defense for us or some shit, please I beg of you.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Defense had a great game for 3 quarters at GB....I don't put too much on the defense for that one.....that loss was a team effort and a healthy dose of Aaron Rodgers and a couple missed opportunities......

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But Jay Cutler though...

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
After giving up nothing all game and scoring a TD themselves. I won't blame the offense too much for only putting up 14 points and not being able to get a first down to close out the game late, because it was their first game as an offense playing together. But to blame the defense for that game is ridiculous.

I actually blame the coach for that game. Everyone on the team was exausted in the second half and it was because they weren't in game shape yet. There's a reason you play your guys in preseason games and I truly believe keeping guys out cost them that game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually blame the coach for that game. Everyone on the team was exausted in the second half and it was because they weren't in game shape yet. There's a reason you play your guys in preseason games and I truly believe keeping guys out cost them that game.

I don't think an extra 2 quarters of preseason football was the difference.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I don't think an extra 2 quarters of preseason football was the difference.

Usually the last preseason game they play into the second half, plus they were left out of every game but 1. They were most definitely not in game shape.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember he's still growing folks. He had a very good game against Detroit, but there will be more boneheaded plays before he evens out to be consistently good. Minnesota will do everything possible to make him look very, very bad (Mike Zimmer is a very good coach, and it will be the Bears defense which wins vs Minnesota). He will also be facing the Rams later on with an under-performing interior line (the Bears have an under-performing interior line, not the Rams). Green Bay always manages bizarre delayed blitzes which seem to give the Bears fits. Heck even Detroit will be pissed after the ass-whooping the Bears just gave him. Just be prepared that he may take a step back when taking two steps forwards, but that does not mean we throw the baby out with the bathwater.

2018 the Bears will likely make the playoffs. 2019 Bears win the Super Bowl.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The country club training camp and irrelevant treatment of preseason combined to cost them at least one game (Miami).

12 is the GOAT, he just took the Bears and discarded them like he has so many other teams. Maybe if Mack were in shape they'd have gotten another couple licks on him, but I dont know if the Bears were winning that game either way. The other guys are pros too.