85 hour turnaround

Sammich

Liked Posts:
We play prime time on SNF this weekend and then again at 11:30 on Thanksgiving.

We will be the first team in NFL history to do this.

NBC Sports quoted it best - "85 hours. 85! To put that in perspective, there are 168 hours in a week. So basically, the Bears will be playing double the amount of weekly NFL football in half the usual time. Terrific!"

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
That plus we are on the road for the Lions Game, it can be a reason for concern.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
That plus we are on the road for the Lions Game, it can be a reason for concern.

If you care about winning it can be a concern.

If you only care about being right on Trubisky being gawd, then there is no concern because any excuse is giftwrapped for the next two games.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I just don't see them winning on Thanksgiving which makes this Sunday double mega important.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I just don't see them winning on Thanksgiving which makes this Sunday double mega important.

I'd be ok with that.

If we go 1-1, I'd rather take the Vikings down and give one back to DET who should be zero threat come Week 17 in divisional standings.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
There’s not much tape to review for Thursday. Just rest, and put out the game plan and execute.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:

If this team is truly playoff bound losing to the lions is an embarrassment. They’re truly a team in disarray and free fall.

Also I’m going to the game so fuck you.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
CaptnSUG;3204555[B said:
]I just don't see them winning on Thanksgiving[/B] which makes this Sunday double mega important.

lmfao...yeah okay!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it's as big a deal as it could be. Team's at home Sunday so they get to go home and Detroit will still be fresh in their heads since they only played 10 days previous.

The Sunday game is huge. Division lead and likelihood of keeping it happens this week. Vikings aren't going anywhere. Their 3 losses are all by 10 or less and they've already played the Saints and Rams. We get home field advantage and no more. In fact a little less(2.5) which means bettors think Vikes are the better team.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you care about winning it can be a concern.

If you only care about being right on Trubisky being gawd, then there is no concern because any excuse is giftwrapped for the next two games.

Right? Finally we're going to play opponents that have more than 2 or 3 wins, so we can get a better picture of what this team is, and the excuses train is already leaving the station.

I can already hear it, "The NFL screwed the Bears by scheduling those games so close together." The nagging injury & exhaustion excuse is in play for the next month...lol.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
After going 2-0 in 85 hours they get a mini bye. We will need the rest for the home stretch standing at 8-3.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This thread got real negative real quick. Everybody’s in a bad mood this morning here damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If it's a tough, close, and mentally and physically taxing game against the Vikings, Nagy will need to make sure they don't come out flat against the Lions, which can happen in these situations.

The bright side is that with the Vikings-Packers tie, tiebreakers are not going to be a factor for us in the division race, so losing to the Lions wouldn't be any more harmful than any other loss. That's a little bit of a stress relief for this team.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Importance wise Sunday’s is much bigger, but Thursday is a test as to facing scheduling adversity, physical and mental toughness, and the will to win. I expect Thanksgiving to be sloppy, but we must find a way to win. We win both and they get an extended break from Nagy to rest up and get ready for the last leg of the season.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
LOL are you literally one of the players' moms? They are professional athletes and can handle playing multiple games.

That being said, horrible scheduling by the NFL here.

What a stupid comment.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Bears can win both these games I will be suitably impressed. It is no small task.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
I literally played double header scrimmages in high school, but ok. I guess these professional athletes can't handle one fewer day of rest. :rolling:

Yeah they can handle it but it is very abnormal. If other teams don’t have to handle it then making us “handle” it could put us at a disadvantage.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears are only getting about 7 hrs less rest than the Lions. These are professional athletes in their 20s and should be able to recover, barring injury. Both teams might be a little flat but the Bears are the better team. Lions likely lose to Carolina and won't be playing for anything but pride. They are the home team and they'd like revenge but that's all they have going for them right now. Their will should be diminished, especially with a loss to the Panthers. If the Bears score early, like they've been doing, they should be able to control the game. I'd like to see the D play 60 min and not give up scores in the 4th qtr, even in garbage time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Right? Finally we're going to play opponents that have more than 2 or 3 wins, so we can get a better picture of what this team is, and the excuses train is already leaving the station.

I can already hear it, "The NFL screwed the Bears by scheduling those games so close together." The nagging injury & exhaustion excuse is in play for the next month...lol.

If you don’t think games that close are an issue, you are on the opposite side of anyone with knowledge of the NFL.

You cite “injury excuses”, but you better hope nobody gets hurt Sunday because they are not playing Thursday even if just minor. Twist an ankle, miss a game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I literally played double header scrimmages in high school, but ok. I guess these professional athletes can't handle one fewer day of rest. :rolling:

How or when do they practice on Monday?
Wednesday?

Do you know teams and players have a big problem with Sunday road games following Monday nights games ?

That’s with 48 more hours.