Every time i start to believe in Mitch

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You should all believe in Mitch.

He is not Mahomes. Probably never will be, but he is playing winning football and progressing.

Correct. I don't see Mitch turning it over 5 times in one game.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
When did JUGS machines gain an extra G?

When did they start making JUGS machines that catch?
Like Mitch would bother with single G titties. Please.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Patrick Mahomes threw 3 ints, one for a TD and had 2 fumbles one returned for a TD in their loss to the Rams regardless of him throwing 6 TD passes.
But what was his passer rating?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He is not Mahomes. Probably never will be, but he is playing winning football and progressing.

Mahomes actually had a higher bust factor. Traditionally, guy that come from that system fail after tremendous college success. Personally, I liked him simply due to generational arm talent but I also understood that lots of great arms don't become great NFL QBs.

Pace went for the guy he thought was his safest long term option. A miss would have been a disaster. Team wasn't ready and is actually now ahead of schedule so taking the guy that would need the most time wasn't an issue. Personally, I was thinking more about 2019 as when we'd really compete for the division title.

Pace couldn't afford to miss here (and it literally looks like he couldn't have regardless of which of the 3 guys he picked). I'm just saying that I understand the pick and that it made a lot of sense. If I wanted instant gratification, I take Watson. if I have a vet and am rolling the dice for most upside, I take Mahomes. Pace had a couple years to play with here and believed Mitch was the safest mix of upside and floor if given proper grooming. Doesn't mean he was right but it kinda looked like that at the time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can we stop putting Watson and Mahomes together in sentences.

Watson and Trubisky are the closely comparable QBs. Mahomes is operating in a video game and is on another planet right now.

1. Should the Bears have drafted Mahomes? Looks like a YES.

2. Should the Bears have drafted Watson? Looks like a coin flip.

Honestly I am not convinced that Watson and Trubs wouldn't put up similar numbers in KC. That offense and their weapons are just ridiculous. But in terms of pure numbers then yeah Mahommes is on a different planet right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly I am not convinced that Watson and Trubs wouldn't put up similar numbers in KC. That offense and their weapons are just ridiculous. But in terms of pure numbers then yeah Mahommes is on a different planet right now.

It is insane.

Tyreek Hill running without anyone within 20 yards for a 73 yard TD.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see Mahomes sink down to plant Earth soon. We've seen this story play out time and time again, starting with Kaepernick. Young new QB comes in and sets the league on fire... then fizzles out (or just cools off) in his second year (starting).

To be honest, I am more impressed with Goff than anyone. At this point, if I had to choose between Goff and Mahomes to start building my team, I may choose Goff because in the long run, he may have more staying power in the NFL. We'll see.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Something to watch is how Mahomes competes late in games when trailing. It's a small sample size but he is 3-8 for 40yrds and 2INT's and a 14 passer rating when trailing with <2minutes left this season, all from last nights game.

Trailing with <4minutes he is 11-17 203 2/2 with a 105 rating. He is an excellent front runner, but some thoroughbreds crumble when the get in a heated battle. It may be nothing, but he certainly had issues in the 2 minute drill last night.

Of course the obligatory MT numbers 6-12 97yrds 0/0 passer rating 74 for both under 2 and 4 minutes trailing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was just thinking about how many QBs I would no question take over Trubisky

Brees
Ryan
Wentz
Rodgers
Goff
Russell
Mahomes
Rivers
Luck
Brady
Big Ben

Right now he would be a toss up with Newton and Watson to be the 12th QB I would want leading my team.

With 5 of those guys 34+ I think we are in a good position with Mitch. We just need him to get more experience and consistency.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Brees
Ryan
Wentz
Rodgers
Goff
Russell
Mahomes
Rivers
Luck
Brady
Big Ben

Right now he would be a toss up with Newton and Watson to be the 12th QB I would want leading my team.

With 5 of those guys 34+ I think we are in a good position with Mitch. We just need him to get more experience and consistency.
I am assuming you mean in a one game or one season situation. Factoring age who gets peeled off that list? I would say all but Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes. I think the Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky ultimate hierarchy needs this season and next to really become somewhat cemented.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Brees
Ryan
Wentz
Rodgers
Goff
Russell
Mahomes
Rivers
Luck
Brady
Big Ben

One season - Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, Luck, Mahommes, Watson, Goff

I would take Watson as I think he has a bit more clutch in him at this point. Wouldn't take Wentz as not sold him on at all this year.

Long term - Rodgers, Wilson

Goff, Wentz, Mahommes, and Watson are too young for me to say for sure I would take them longer term. Brees and Brady too old. Rivers and Luck, I am not sold on their playoff pedigree or lack thereof.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am assuming you mean in a one game or one season situation. Factoring age who gets peeled off that list? I would say all but Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes. I think the Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky ultimate hierarchy needs this season and next to really become somewhat cemented.

In a hypothetical situation where you could magically replace Trubisky with anyone from the list and they would instantly know our playbook, I would still trade with all of those on the list that are 35+.

For example, put Brees on this Bears team and we have a great chance at winning the Superbowl this year. I think we would be hands down the favorite.

I would trade that for him retiring in a few years and then finding a new QB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
One season - Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Rivers, Luck, Mahommes, Watson, Goff

I would take Watson as I think he has a bit more clutch in him at this point. Wouldn't take Wentz as not sold him on at all this year.

Goff, Wentz, Mahommes, and Watson are too young for me to say for sure I would take them longer term. Brees and Brady too old. Rivers and Luck, I am not sold on their playoff pedigree or lack thereof.

When you say one season, do you mean we then magically get Trubisky back after this year?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
When you say one season, do you mean we then magically get Trubisky back after this year?

I took it to mean that Virginia McCaskey sells Bears franchise to Donald Trump, who then relocates team to New Jersey and renames them the Knights.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In 2018 that would be my list.

In 2019 the list shrinks considerably.

My point being that most people would have Trubisky in the top 12-15 of guys for 2018 and top 10 for the long term.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I guess you didn't watch the end of the Titans game.