1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
this thread lacks the warrior spirit

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie used to do this crap all the time and it drove me insane. They'd dominate the entire game on defense and then 4th quarter prevent comes around and lets them back in the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It’s broke and I’d like to see it fixed before the stretch run in December when the Bears have to play the Rams and then Vikes and Packers again.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They play prevent.

I do not like it, but for the most part it has been very effective in closing out games.

They are literally giving up throws to make teams waste time. Yesterday what made it look worse? They gave up the sideline too often and Prince was getting worked.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
They play prevent.

I do not like it, but for the most part it has been very effective in closing out games.

They are literally giving up throws to make teams waste time. Yesterday what made it look worse? They gave up the sideline too often and Prince was getting worked.
This is true, they weren't chewing up enough time because Minny kept getting out of bounds after 8 yard gains. I hate the prevent. I will never understand why a team completely dominating another would switch up everything they were just doing to chew a few minutes of time off the clock. Let your offense do that after they get the ball back again.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
So what is it? Lack of stamina? Conservative coaching? Prevent (As in prevent defense)? Lack of adjustments?

It is not hard to find the most glaring weakness with this Bears team. It is their horrid play in the 4th quarter. 11 weeks in and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him.

why not ask the harbaugh brothers? both their teams went to the sb in 2012 and both have top tier defense who gave up points in the 4th quarter.
or what about carroll and his legion of boom, they've given up plenty in the 4th too.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You play for the W
All stats are secondary to the W
stats can help one reason as to why a team has a certain record.
Tell me again how these stats reason out with us at 7-3?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Prevent is one thing, but that DL was gassed and running on fumes. Not sure how in shape you can get the big fatties for a full game. Maybe more play from the backups....easier said than done I know.

BigAl1965

Liked Posts:
I would take it you are a stat junkie? You want to see the defense tops in stats? It was obvious the Bears let up when they could see that there was no need in exerting themselves......TO "WIN" THE GAME. They have to play again Thursday already!

What's wrong with posting stats?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is a guy that measures people by their warrior spirit.......reason and proof have little meaning to him

Never and I mean never underestimate the value and importance of having the warrior spirit.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
The defense definitely looks gassed late in games. That being said, to be able to play this dominant as a defensive unit in today's NFL is a more remarkable feat than most realize.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You play for the W
All stats are secondary to the W
stats can help one reason as to why a team has a certain record.
Tell me again how these stats reason out with us at 7-3?

Huge comeback by Pack in the 4th and another 4th quarter comeback by Miami equates to 2 losses due to weak finishes. Nagy came with that tag of not being a finisher and then the very first game with the Packers, more of the same. And even more since. 7-3 looks good now but the schedule is tougher the rest of the way. Even the Giants don’t look as weak as they did early on. Definitely have to win next 2 cause I worry the Bears will only win 1 of the final 4 games due particularly to their weak 4th quarter play.

Last edited:

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Did nobody recognize that plenty of backups were playing the 4th in some games?
At least to Bills and Lions I remember well. So, our backups had a real challange against starters.

I like the luxury we have ;)

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So what is it? Lack of stamina? Conservative coaching? Prevent (As in prevent defense)? Lack of adjustments?

It is not hard to find the most glaring weakness with this Bears team. It is their horrid play in the 4th quarter. 11 weeks in and their much ballyhooed HC still seemingly has no answer for what’s been plaguing this team from week 1. Makes me think the problem is him.

Should we fire him?

Biggest thing I took from that game is Captain Kirk does not have the warrior spirit.

Looked like a runnin scared bitch out there.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They play prevent.

This!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should we fire him?

Biggest thing I took from that game is Captain Kirk does not have the warrior spirit.

Looked like a runnin scared bitch out there.
I’m left wondering if you people have watched the Bears at all this year. Their weakness in the 4th quarter has been literally epic. I, for one, am going to have to demand much better.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears have given up 195 points this season.

28 in the 1st (2.8 per game)
30 in the 2nd (3.0 per game)
28 in the 3rd (2.8 per game)
109 in the 4th (10.9 per game)
19.5 per game total

Would like to see those ranks vs the rest of the NFL.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
I’m left wondering if you people have watched the Bears at all this year. Their weakness in the 4th quarter has been literally epic. I, for one, am going to have to demand much better.

You seem like the guy that calls the score and calls Trubisky Trubinsky. You have no warrior spirit in trolling. Good day sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk