The quickest turn around in NFL history

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No team in the history of the NFL has had to play a Sunday night game then Thursday morning/noon game... until the Bears will this week. This is going to be the shortest time between games for a team ever.

Not only that, but the Bears have to travel for the game.

The Lions are going to have a significant advantage this week, getting to watch Sunday night's game from the comfort of their homes instead of playing in it. Plus they don't have to worry about travel.

Im legitimately concerned for the health and safety of our players this week. The NFL has implemented a bunch of ridiculous rules to 'make the game safer', this year. And yet in the same year, they schedule two games 84 hours apart, the shortest amount of time in the history of their league... And of course, it's happening to our Bears.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Patricia -

tenor.gif

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Hopefully they’re riding high off that win and crumble again.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
I dont know about you guys , but I think it's somewhat unfair what the league is doing to the bears, I mean you barely have time to prepare and football is a game where need your body to heal.
I just hope the bears come out ok Thursday.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hope they don't get stuck in that skyway traffic, or if they do, they have some bus-seat exercises

aid1893096-v4-728px-Exercise-While-Commuting-Step-7.jpg

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It sucks for us. I always felt like I saw more injuries on Thursday football. Before I had opined that they should have football on Thursday only for Thanksgiving, so I can't even complain this time.

Thankfully, we took advantage of our primetime game yesterday, and won while the whole nation watched. Hopefully the Lions feel like hot garbage on Thursday so we can run up an early lead and coast.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought this thread was going be about our rebuild.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the upside, they won’t have to study film. Go in with the same game plan and beat them again. Then get a few days extra rest and game planning for the next week. BS scheduling but it is what it is and move on.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
No team in the history of the NFL has had to play a Sunday night game then Thursday morning/noon game... until the Bears will this week. This is going to be the shortest time between games for a team ever.

Not only that, but the Bears have to travel for the game.

The Lions are going to have a significant advantage this week, getting to watch Sunday night's game from the comfort of their homes instead of playing in it. Plus they don't have to worry about travel.

Im legitimately concerned for the health and safety of our players this week. The NFL has implemented a bunch of ridiculous rules to 'make the game safer', this year. And yet in the same year, they schedule two games 84 hours apart, the shortest amount of time in the history of their league... And of course, it's happening to our Bears.

Already started a thread on this:

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/99750-85-hour-turnaround

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The payoff will be a mini bye for the home stretch to division champs!

Just need to win 4 of the next 6 games and we are a lock for the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

they schedule two games 84 hours apart, the shortest amount of time in the history of their league... And of course, it's happening to our Bears.
Are you sure?

Late in the season, the NFL made its greatest coup in gaining national recognition. Shortly after the University of Illinois season ended in November, All-America halfback Harold (Red) Grange signed a contract to play with the Chicago Bears. On Thanksgiving Day, a crowd of 36,000-the largest in pro football history-watched Grange and the Bears play the Chicago Cardinals to a scoreless tie at Wrigley Field. At the beginning of December, the Bears left on a barnstorming tour that saw them play eight games in 12 days, in St. Louis, Philadelphia, New York City, Washington, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Chicago. A crowd of 73,000 watched the game against the Giants at the Polo Grounds, helping assure the future of the troubled NFL franchise in New York. The Bears then played nine more games in the South and West, including a game in Los Angeles, in which 75,000 fans watched them defeat the Los Angeles Tigers in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
Sounds like the Bears played 18 games after and including Thanksgiving day.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has a shoulder injury and wouldn't have practiced.

The short turnaround isn't ideal with that situation. I'm assuming he's going to play as he didn't come out of the Vikings game or seem in any major pain, but it may effect him and the time would have helped.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I hear you, but it is what it is.

There's nothing the Bears can do to change it.

Best they can do is prepare as best they can and try like hell to win, as usual.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Chase Daniels has thrown 3 game passes since 2014. He was the choice for backup QB coach. Might as well get something out of him on the field.

Dress Fitts, White and Tanner Gentry and stomp the lions with the practice squad. They would have to elevate Tyler Bray as well you might think.

I know the NFL frowns on incomplete injury reports because of their vegas buddies, but this can also just be pointing out the fact that shit safety needs to be fined.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
They are a young team. They will be ready to play. They get a mini bye after this game. I think it would be a lot worse if the team had multiple starters over the age of 30. Plus, the Lions will be without Jones and Johnson. That’s two pretty good weapons to be missing. I also believe guys like Hicks, Mack and Trubisky will keep them focused.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
We're talking about 7 hours. Not much of an advantage for the kitties. Calm down you guys. Im more worried about this shoulder thing. On the other hand, we wont have to feal with Johnson running the ball. This game could in fact be a total shit show.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh. The Lions have a similar turn around and are bad.

Bears got this!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Chase Daniels has thrown 3 game passes since 2014. He was the choice for backup QB coach. Might as well get something out of him on the field.

Dress Fitts, White and Tanner Gentry and stomp the lions with the practice squad. They would have to elevate Tyler Bray as well you might think.

I know the NFL frowns on incomplete injury reports because of their vegas buddies, but this can also just be pointing out the fact that shit safety needs to be fined.

The best backup QB is the one who never sees the field.

Also, this is the same Lions team that just beat the Panthers, and has also beaten the Patriots and Packers this year, something the Bears haven't done. It shouldn't just be counted on as an easy win.