CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The great thing about making everything a possibility is that you never get to take ownership if it goes wrong, but at the same time get to pat yourself on the back when things go right. It's an amazing debate loophole remy has used for over 6,000 posts.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The great thing about making everything a possibility is that you never get to take ownership if it goes wrong, but at the same time get to pat yourself on the back when things go right. It's an amazing debate loophole remy has used for over 6,000 posts.
But....

do you have any proof of this?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again Rory you lack comprehension. I said "I think they think . . ."

That is not me defining what I personally consider is great. That is me speculating that the York's may not consider Harbaugh great. Do you think I am one of the York's. If not then claiming I defined greatness as who on a power struggle is asinine.

How do you survive in the real world when you can't read sentences and form a basic understanding of what ther are saying? Do you just work with you hands or something?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Lol, take ownership? This is a message board not a job. There is no accountability here because nothing we do or say has any real consequences.

Now if you want to pay me to make predictions and hold me accountable for them them I am open to negotiate. Otherwise I am not here to make predictions. I am here to discuss things of interest. This idea that every person here needs to make a prediction or take a stand on something is delusional and absurd.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lol, take ownership? This is a message board not a job. There is no accountability here because nothing we do or say has any real consequences.

Now if you want to pay me to make predictions and hold me accountable for them them I am open to negotiate. Otherwise I am not here to make predictions. I am here to discuss things of interest. This idea that every person here needs to make a prediction or take a stand on something is delusional and absurd.
LOL at this. You had quite the argument about some stupid metric for wide receivers last offseason. I encouraged you to pursue it, and you said you didn't have the time. Imagine the possibilities if you had.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Of course you said "I think they think...". You aren't an omniscent being. You can't say for certain what the Yorks are thinking at this moment. I am doubtful that you can even say for certain what you yourself are thinking at this moment.

This has nothing to do with your argument. You claimed I defined greatness as winning a power struggle. I did not.

Are you confused by the difference between my personal opinion vs my discussing someone else's opinion?

For example, I think Rory thinks John Fox is a great coach. Under your extreme stupidity you would then argue that I have defined greatness which is absurd. I simply stated what I think you think without stating what I personally think. That's all I did with the Yorks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is just my opinion. You are completely unable to "discuss things of interest", partly due to your inability to comprehend the postings of others, and partly due to your lack of understanding of the subject matter. In every thread I've seen you in, it always ends up as "remydat vs. The World". I don't know if you subconsciously or consciously do this, but either way, do you think thats a successful way to "discuss things of interest"? Who are you having these discussions with? It can't be anyone on CCS, because every thread you start posting in ends up the same way...you contradicting yourself 100 and the remaining 10 people in the thread all mocking you.

I think it would be better if you limited yourself to making predictions or taking stands. That might be a better posting path for you. Again, JMO.

Isn't this a bit of throwing stones from a glass house? Plenty of plenty dislike you and think you are a troll which I am sure you disagree with so not sure why you think you are in any kind of position to lecture me.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I come to the CCS just for the Rory-Remy showdowns

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You said that the Niners would give Harbaugh the dual GM/HC role if they thought he was a great coach. This came after a lengthy discussion in which you dismissed things such as winning games, turning franchises around, etc. as "stupid logic" to define coaching greatness.

So, by inference, if you (remydat) aren't going to define greatness by any tangible on-field events such as winning, but will also allow that a HC would be given the GM role if he was a great HC...then, you (remydat) are defining greatness in Harbaugh's case by his ability to win a power struggle.

I don't see why you are confused on this.

By inference translates into I didn't say what you claimed so you have applied you incredibly flawed logic to pretend I did.

I did not dismiss winning games. I said winning games is not solely the result of the coach. So going 13-3 is great but if you really want to evaluate a coach, assuming that 13-3 must mean the coach is great is stupid. Do you really think NFL front offices evaluate coaches that simplistically?

So your inferences are stupid. Pointing out that evaluating a coach is more complicated than just looking at their W-L is not inferring that greatness depends on winning a power struggle. It is simply saying that evaluating a coach is more complicated than just looking at their W-L record.

Winning the power struggle simply means one can infer that perhaps the York's (not me) have carried out this evaluation based on information they have that I don't and decided that Harbaugh is the guy to keep and not the GM

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So when you said this, you were actually channeling the Yorks...

...and your last line of "Sorry I don't think he is" means that its not really your opinion, but its just a possibility of what the Yorks could be thinking at this moment in time.

No genius. The power struggle thing was me speculating about the York's hence why I said "I think, they think.." The post you just quoted was me discussing my own opinion because there would be no reason for the York's to be thinking about John Fox since he isn't the Niners coach.

Again basic 3rd grade level of reading comprehension is all one needs to determine when someone is talking about someone else's opinion (I think they think) versus when they are giving their own opinion (Sorry, I don't think he is).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, this isn't like throwing stones from a glass house. I'm not claiming any superiority over you. I'm saying that the way you behave in threads isn't conducive to "discussing things of interest". The fact that you haven't caught on to this when you have witnessed it first-hand over and over again is a bit surprising. Its not about me, its about you.

Its like you do the same thing over and over, and expect to get a different result. Strange. Even a 2-year old will eventually understand "Stove...hot!".

And I am saying it is like throwing stones from a glass house because many people would say the way you behave in threads isn't conducive to "discussing things of interest."

And I don't expect a different result. I am content because I like to argue. And considering you continually engage me in various threads saying the same thing over and over, again this is like throwing stones from a glass house. You can refrain from discussing things with me any time you wish. Why don't you?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wait! So this entire time you've been speculating about the Yorks? That changes everything. I thought you were speculating about something completely different.

So, in sum, you don't think John Fox is a great coach, and you have no opinion on Harbaugh (which is the actual topic of the thread), but you think that the York's think that its a possibility that Harbaugh is NOT a great coach.

Makes sense!

No this entire time I have been discussing various topics because I have a fully developed brain that allows me to discuss several things at once.

And you are confused. My opinion on Harbaugh is that he hasn't proven he is a great coach but that he is a good coach. Separate from that I also said the fact that Harbaugh doesn't have a deal yet is an indication that the York's may not consider him a great coach. So the power struggle is an indication of the York's opinion of Harbaugh not my own.

Get it yet genius? You were taking evidence that suggests the York's may have reservations about Harbaugh (ie the power struggle) and assigning them to me as if I said that power struggle was the reason Harbaugh is not great in my personal opinion. It's like you are completely oblivious to the fact that two people can have a similar opinion but for different reasons.

Edit - Can you inform your squire FT that I am only responding to your posts at this time? There is no point in dealing with the help when I can deal directly with his idiot boss.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
My opinion on Harbaugh is that he hasn't proven he is a great coach but that he is a good coach.

So only good coaches bring their team within a few plays of the SB with Alex Smith as their QB.