Better FS Ward or Ha Ha

GrinAndBearIt

Liked Posts:
I personally like ward better, what do you all see when watching thier game film. 1 can be had in first round other in second round.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
So the value is better you are correct...Is Ward truly a better prospect than Haha though? I don't think so.

GrinAndBearIt

Liked Posts:
Any Bama fans think ward is better than ha ha. Also I'm just not sure about ha ha, but I do like his size and athleticism

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think the better comparison is Ward and Bucannon to Pryor because Ha Ha is really the only safety I'd consider at 14. The other three are first to second round guys and Bucannon is one hell of an athlete with better size than Pryor.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I think the better comparison is Ward and Bucannon to Pryor because Ha Ha is really the only safety I'd consider at 14. The other three are first to second round guys and Bucannon is one hell of an athlete with better size than Pryor.

I agree, I think Pryor may have better hips to turn and flip but he plays way to aggressive and seems like a head hunter. If you can get Bucannon in the 2nd round that would be ideal he's a good athlete with very good production and a big time hitter with great size.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think Dix hands down has more impact their rookie seasons. I could see Ward closing the gap and PERHAPS reaching or possibly surpassing Dix in 2-3 seasons after he gets a little stronger. Ward is a natural play maker and could play both SS and FS in my opinion. It all comes down to value. Dix is and will be the better player, IMO, but not by much. Ward could be had in the 2nd round. As could Brooks. My board at safety looks like

Pryor
Brooks
Dix
Ward
Buccannon

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they are pretty different players.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Would anybody be pissed if we went safety safety with picks 1 and 2. Say Dix and Buccanon

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Good point. As a person that liked Pryor more than Clinton-Dix, until he went from 6'2" to 5'11".....I've found myself valuing Bucannon a lot more. Pryor is definitely a better player (better hips, instincts, less hesitation, better tackler). I just think the dropoff at DT (from Donald, Hageman and Nix) to the 2nd tier is more than the dropoff from the 1st round safeties to the 2nd rounders (Dix/Pryor vs. Ward, Bucannon, and Brooks). So, I'd much rather take whichever guy is there at 51 than take one of the safeties at 14.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Would anybody be pissed if we went safety safety with picks 1 and 2. Say Dix and Buccanon

Probably. As bad as Conte was and uninspiring as Mundy is, they both deserve a chance to compete for a starting spot and one of them will be a helluva backup. And there are enough other needs that the Bears don't need to sign 4 FA safeties and draft 2 with the first 2 picks.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
Heard Matt Bowen for a little bit on B&B yesterday. He said he had just started watching film on Ward this weekend, but he really likes him for the Bears if they can snag him in the 2nd round.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Probably. As bad as Conte was and uninspiring as Mundy is, they both deserve a chance to compete for a starting spot and one of them will be a helluva backup. And there are enough other needs that the Bears don't need to sign 4 FA safeties and draft 2 with the first 2 picks.

Exactly, and with a better pass rush the safety play will look much better, I still think DT/S/CB in the first 3 round is the ideal situation and after that they can go in a number of different ways.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Heard Matt Bowen for a little bit on B&B yesterday. He said he had just started watching film on Ward this weekend, but he really likes him for the Bears if they can snag him in the 2nd round.

I know he has been flying up draft boards but I still think because of lack of size he ends up going in the 3rd round, but that's just my opinion.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
I know he has been flying up draft boards but I still think because of lack of size he ends up going in the 3rd round, but that's just my opinion.

Could be, but Bowen felt like his versatility throughout the secondary would really interest Emery and the Bears.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Don't really know a lot about Dix but do about Ward. Tough for me to compare

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2