1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What the heck have I just read in this thread...:bizarro:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
His age and watching his physical growth. He looks quicker this year than last. Combine that with his baby face, and being a 7 footer, and you have a late bloomer. He will gain his man strength around 25 years old. He isn't african american.

He will gain explosiveness and man strength at 25...because he is a late bloomer, with a baby face...oh, and he isn't African American.

What the heck are you talking about?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look guys. I don't make up reality. The powers that make this universe flow do. Alright....I'm just telling you the facts. African Americans begin and finish puberty at an earlier age then caucasians. Thats cold hard fact.

You often end up with gangly talent like Asik that you need to be aware of because they are still developing physically and haven't touched their athletic potential yet. There are exceptions of course, like Dennis Rodman who grew 8 inches during college. But you can look this stuff up in child development texts if you want, I'm just the messenger. Scouts are usually aware of this though.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Look guys. I don't make up reality. The powers that make this universe flow do. Alright....I'm just telling you the facts. African Americans begin and finish puberty at an earlier age then caucasians. Thats cold hard fact.

You often end up with gangly talent like Asik that you need to be aware of because they are still developing physically and haven't touched their athletic potential yet. There are exceptions of course, like Dennis Rodman who grew 8 inches during college. But you can look this stuff up in child development texts if you want, I'm just the messenger. Scouts are usually aware of this though.

1. You don't finish puberty at 25,first of all, your growth plates usually close a bit before then, even for white males. It is noted that males can incrementally grow well after, but i don't classify that as being part of puberty. The whole puberty thing is irrelevant. Frankly, this seems to be more of an issue of Omer "filling out his frame", which can happen at the end of puberty, but in this case and in a lot of cases, it has to do with strength and conditioning that occurs well after the fact.

I noticed you said "He will gain his man strength around 25 years old." You do realize Asik is 26? He is essentially at his physical peak(may be a little earlier, depending on your judgment, don't confuse this with peak as a basketball player, skills in many cases come later than the physical aspect, but that's another topic).

2.In actuality, Omer really isn't, height-weight proportionately speaking, underdeveloped. He's a respectable 7'0 and about 255 pounds(give or take maybe 5-7 pounds). To put that in perspective, Tyson chandler is an inch taller and weighs 15 lbs less. Garnett is about the same size, an inch shorter and a few lbs less perhaps. Patrick Ewing was the same height and 15 lbs less. Joakim noah is an inch shorter and 23 pounds less.

The argument that he still needs to develop a little more upper body strength i guess is ok, but considering the factors, the fact that he is not black is beyond irrelevant because this has nothing to do with puberty. Gaining more strength and supposed power, in this case, has to do with adult strength and conditioning maintenance. Asik doesn't need to add any more weight, he can probably get a little more fit i guess.

Considering his size and his actual room to develop, I really don't think he is going to be much more a physical specimen than he already is. His tools aren't going to change much, in fact in a few years they may begin deterioration. What he can do is get a little stronger and do more conditioning, but primarily WORK ON OFFENSIVE POST SKILLS. I mean, that would be my argument for asik still having room to get better more than anything else. His defense and rebounding are pretty good, but his offense is still needs developing. If he could develop some more low post skills, he can be a 15-17 ppg and around 12 rpg rather than hovering around 10 or 11 in points. Similar stats to a guy like zach randolph, with a different skillset.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought he he was like 22 or 23? my bad.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Seriously? Hinrich is much better than CJ overall, and better than him in every area, except one. Making his own shot.

Facilitation and assists: Kirk(by a large margin)
Rebounding and reading tap-backs: Kirk(by a large margin)
Both sides play-calling and getting players into sets: Kirk(By a large margin)
Lane defense: Kirk
Man defense: Kirk(slightly)
Positions guarded: 3(Kirk) vs 1(CJ)
Transition defense: Kirk
Transition offense: Kirk
Locker-room personality: Kirk
Spot-up shooting: Push
Isolation: CJ
Ability to stay healthy: Push
Thinks D-Will is a better PG than Rose: CJ

And the thing is, I LIKE CJ Watson, and if you guys remember, I defended him when people were calling him a scrub D-Leaguer. It took him time to get into Thibs scheme, as it is taking Kirk time to get into Thibs scheme.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Rip Hamilton >> Ben Gordon. Even now.

BG couldn't hold Rip's jockstrap.

rip_hamilton.jpg

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Wow...I already named 2 guys. Jamal Crawford is a better basketball player...makes less than half the money Gordon makes. James Harden makes under 6mil...Gordon has never been as good as James Harden is in his life. Monta Ellis is a better basketball player than Gordon is or ever was.

J.R. Smith
Derozan
Evan Turner...

Gordon would be on the bench playing behind all of those players...they have more skills than Gordon. And I didn't even name the star players at the position...besides Harden. The much shorter list would be..."Who is Gordon better than at his position...".

LoL, you finally said somthing I agree with...............YES, J.R Smith is better than B.G I must admit...LoL
:clap:......BUT, id also love B.G on this team as well to back J.R up.....:troll:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Ben Gordon has played in more games in a half season than Rip Hamiltons has played in the last 3 years.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ben Gordon has played in more games in a half season than Rip Hamiltons has played in the last 3 years.

He has to stay healthy, if his team wants to get that top 3 lotto pick.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
buy out the guy that helped win games? where is that guy at? he sure aint winning no games for US sitting on the bench in a suit

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
LoL, the only thing Ben Gordon would hold onto of Rips, is his wheel chair handles to help push his glass frame around.

i wish i could thank this post

i cant stop laughing

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that boy needs to work out better then. I know 7'0" and 260 aint bad, but looking at his frame, he could hold 280 nicely then. Must be work ethic and a resistant body type then.