***OFFICIAL*** 2019 AAF Season Long IGT (Kickoff 2/9/19 - 7:00PM)

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Correct... you can only blitz if you're lined up upfront. 5 max.

I'm not sure I like that rule, but I'm guessing it's because they want to keep things high scoring, and the defensive talent is better than the QB talent at this level. That's my hunch anyways.
Yeah, I don't like that rule either. I'd rather the AAL have more freedom to be innovative. Plus I enjoy watching good defense and sacks.

Your reasoning for the rules sounds logical.

I didn't understand this item:

— There will be a ninth member of the officiating crew called a “SkyJudge,” who will sit in the press box and “use real-time technology to correct clear errors involving player safety anytime during a game,

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FWIW, Hub Arkush on the radio just said he was really impressed by the league.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I start enjoying it after Bercovici was absolutely destroyed and there was no flag. It was a clean hit but it still would have drawn a flag in the NFL.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I start enjoying it after Bercovici was absolutely destroyed and there was no flag. It was a clean hit but it still would have drawn a flag in the NFL.

If Washington was a legit NFL prospect he would have led with his helmet on that hit...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I just watched that too. I don't think that would have drawn a flag in the NFL. Although from a game stand point, don't you think the rusher should have gone for the strip in a way that he could have recovered the strip, instead of just blowing up the QB? I mean, if you 'knock the starting QB out of the game' there's the reward the opponent has to play the worse, backup QB, but in regards to player safety and unnecessary roughness, might that thinking be something we'd want to retire?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

That was a crazy hit. His helmet and the ball went flying. I'm happy i'm old enough to remember the NFL allowing hits like that without 4 yellow flags flying from every angle.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are you saying we can't make comparisons between the NFL/AAF even though the AAF is the closest resemblance we've ever seen to the NFL? That sounds stupid.

It may be the closest thing you young guys have seen but the USFL had lots of future NFL players in it. On the Chicago Blitz you had Tim Wrightman, Tom Thayer, Frank Minnifield (CB that went to probowls for the Browns), Tim Spencer RB for the Chargers and Bears coach. From other teams. Reggie White, Hershell Walker, Sam Mills, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, many others.

That league was very entertaining, and had a bright future until the greedy moron that owned the New Jersey Generals destroyed the league. It's amazing how much damage one man can do if he has some power.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I just watched that too. I don't think that would have drawn a flag in the NFL. Although from a game stand point, don't you think the rusher should have gone for the strip in a way that he could have recovered the strip, instead of just blowing up the QB? I mean, if you 'knock the starting QB out of the game' there's the reward the opponent has to play the worse, backup QB, but in regards to player safety and unnecessary roughness, might that thinking be something we'd want to retire?

I have absolutely no issue with it. Football is game of physicality and intimidating the QB usually leads to a win. Plus, when you hit a QB that hard he usually fumbles the ball.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It may be the closest thing you young guys have seen but the USFL had lots of future NFL players in it. On the Chicago Blitz you had Tim Wrightman, Tom Thayer, Frank Minnifield (CB that went to probowls for the Browns), Tim Spencer RB for the Chargers and Bears coach. From other teams. Reggie White, Hershell Walker, Sam Mills, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, many others.

That league was very entertaining, and had a bright future until the greedy moron that owned the New Jersey Generals destroyed the league. It's amazing how much damage one man can do if he has some power.
I remember all those players and such but only watched a limited number of games. Who was the greedy moron and what did he do to ruin the league?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

It was a good product with plenty of stars. I used to watch the New Jersey Generals practice at UCF. Brian Sipe was the QB and Walker was their RB. Later they had Flutie.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I remember all those players and such but only watched a limited number of games. Who was the greedy moron and what did he do to ruin the league?

It was Trump. He advocated going head to head with the NFL.