Source: Bulls stayed active in Howard talks

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
It's statements like this that have no one taking you seriously.

Barkley was a PF because HE WAS A BEAST ON THE LOW BLOCK. 1 of only 5 players in the 20K, 10K, 4K club. He owns the records for Offensive Rebounds in a half (14) & Offensive Rebounds in a quarter (11). He created constant match up problems with his strength, agressiveness on the block, & ball handling ability. Countless times in his career he would grab a defensive board, then take it coast to coast for a 2-hand monster slam. He was one of the most efficient players in NBA History, & could do anything when on the court.

Bill Walton described Barkley the best a few years back:

Walton described Barkley the best a few years back:

Mar 2009

Chicago

Diddy1122

Yes We Can!

Awards Showcase

Total Awards: 1

Originally Posted by 97Bulls As far as Barkley? Yes i do feel he wouldve been better suited as a SF because he was extremely athletic. He was a PF because he was always fat and out of shape. I kinda likened Barkley to Adrian Dantley. At 6'4, he was just too short. So when i say that, I meant defensively

"Barkley is like Magic [Johnson] and Larry [Bird] in that they don't really play a position. He plays everything; he plays basketball. There is nobody who does what Barkley does. He's a dominant rebounder, a dominant defensive player, a three-point shooter, a dribbler, a playmaker."

Walton calling Barkley a "dominant defensive player" tells me all I need to know about Waltons view on Barkley.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's pretty amazing that Barkley was "always fat and out of shape" yet was seen as one of the best running bigs in NBA history along side a guy like Karl Malone.

The Knicks are the model for how to operate a franchise, a Bulls squad w/ Brand, Chandler & Artest could beat the '04 Pistons, if you get rid of any of your free agents it means you aren't a commited owner, Curry was on the verge of becoming Shaq when signed by the Knicks, Barkley was always fat & out of shape, & it's the fans fault that the GM's don't spend their $$ wisely.

Just a few of the fun "facts" I've learned from this thread.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Walton calling Barkley a "dominant defensive player" tells me all I need to know about Waltons view on Barkley.

Just stop man. It's painfully obvious to everyone on here that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Players getting paid market value does not constitue overpaying.

true value =/= market value

Market values are inflated due to the simple rules of supply and demand, where teams have position demands, but not the supply of qualified players on the market to pay them accurately.

True value is rated on subjective performance:time. Subjective, because one team may want a fan favorite to fill seats and get higher TV ratings ect ect, and another team way want someone who can diversify the market by bringing a broader appeal(signing an international player from a big market, ect ect again.) And then you have teams who have the strategy to find voids in performance, and sign fillers, ect ect ect ect. But true value is relative to the team, not to the league, and true value is far more effective at determining how a team should "overpay" for specific talent, and not just because EA sports/2K sports rates them a 90, and our current option as an 88, or because one made the all-star team or is in the league leaders of some stat category.

Market value is a VERY limited indicator of who is overpaid. If you base overpaid players off market value, then your whole knowledge of business economics should be tossed into the trash, along with the teachers who failed to explain the bigger part of the equation(or maybe you just failed to learn).

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
true value =/= market value

Market values are inflated due to the simple rules of supply and demand, where teams have position demands, but not the supply of qualified players on the market to pay them accurately.

True value is rated on subjective performance:time. Subjective, because one team may want a fan favorite to fill seats and get higher TV ratings ect ect, and another team way want someone who can diversify the market by bringing a broader appeal(signing an international player from a big market, ect ect again.) And then you have teams who have the strategy to find voids in performance, and sign fillers, ect ect ect ect. But true value is relative to the team, not to the league, and true value is far more effective at determining how a team should "overpay" for specific talent, and not just because EA sports/2K sports rates them a 90, and our current option as an 88, or because one made the all-star team or is in the league leaders of some stat category.

Market value is a VERY limited indicator of who is overpaid. If you base overpaid players off market value, then your whole knowledge of business economics should be tossed into the trash, along with the teachers who failed to explain the bigger part of the equation(or maybe you just failed to learn).
I beg to differ. Without getting into a long drawn out debate on economics. Players base their worth on the contracts of players they feel on their level. Then negotiate based off that. And when they dont or cant find a team willing to pay, they claim colusion and sue the league. It has happened before.

You my friend obviously dont know ecomincs because thats generally how all facets of negotiations start. What is the biggest factor in determining the mrket value of a home? The neigborhood.

Ive more than proven Deng and Noahs worth. Based off comparable Players contracts.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I beg to differ.

You think true value = market value?

How am I not surprised????? Now you're just arguing, for the sake of arguing.

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
You think true value = market value?

How am I not surprised????? Now you're just arguing, for the sake of arguing.

I cant be any more clear. A players market value is set based on the value of their peers. All that other stuff is inconsequential.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I cant be any more clear. A players market value is set based on the value of their peers. All that other stuff is inconsequential.
That's only a small portion of market value. But true value =/=(does not equal, in case you have never seen this before) market value. It's not even debatable, which is what makes your persistent responses funny and annoying. Like I said, you're responding just for the sake of arguing.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Perhaps youve missed some of theses posters pov. Its my understanding that as long as it makes sense. Jerry Reinsdorf will be willing to go over the luxery tax in an effort to have a championship contending Bulls team.

has he said that?

if so, then the bolded is very important

But now that an opportunity may present itself, they (the Bulls fans) rather see Reinsdorf save money. Whats wrong with holding Reinsdorf to his word? The opportunity may be here. Bynum has stated he wants to become a FA. Hes young, hed be the perfect fit for the Bulls. And hed be that other guy Rose needs to take pressure off him.

the bulls can't outright sign him because they are over the cap, they would have to do a sign and trade...

there is no opportunity at this time because there are no reciprocal talks...

bynum has a pretty crappy attitude and is always hurt...if he has a good season next year, then MAYBE you consider a sign and trade, but even then you need clearance on the 76ers side

When I present this. Now the backpedaling begins. Suddenly the guy thats not cheap, and overpays players and willingly goes over the cap, wont be willing to do what you guys are saying he will do. When do you guys draw a line in the sand? Why is average OK? Especially when hes making record profits, top four in ticket prices, and the UC sales out every night.

the bulls were a top 5 team in the NBA until rose went down...the bulls aren't average..the problem is that they have a declining boozer, a shitload of money committed, and they aren't built well for the playoffs

the bulls are over the cap, the only way they can make any big moves is if they make a sign and trade...

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
has he said that?

if so, then the bolded is very important
I actually added the bolded part

the bulls can't outright sign him because they are over the cap, they would have to do a sign and trade...
They can sign him outright. It will cost them an arm and a leg.

there is no opportunity at this time because there are no reciprocal talks...

bynum has a pretty crappy attitude and is always hurt...if he has a good season next year, then MAYBE you consider a sign and trade, but even then you need clearance on the 76ers side
I qualified this same sentiment. Obviously if Bynum has an injury plagued season the Bulls should stay away. But I wouldnt call him injury prone. Both of his injuries happened because one of his teammates rolled onto his knee. One time, it was Odom, the other time it was Kobe. I also stated i would love to see them go after James Harden

the bulls were a top 5 team in the NBA until rose went down...the bulls aren't average..the problem is that they have a declining boozer, a shitload of money committed, and they aren't built well for the playoffs
I'm going off the last almost 15 years. Not just last year or 11.

the bulls are over the cap, the only way they can make any big moves is if they make a sign and trade...
Again, its my understanding this isnt true. They can go as far over the cap as they want. There is no hard cap in the NBA.
I still think youre missing my point. Think about this.

The Bulls are the most profitable team in the NBA.

The Bulls are always top three in attendance every year.

The Bulls are the third biggest market in the NBA.

The Bulls have the fourth highest ticket price on avg in the league.

This is all due to loyal support of us. Their fans.

How have we been rewrded?

A barely 500 record since 98

Constantly losing out on big name FAs

Never going over the luxery tax threshold.

Forcing their fans to have to endure three rebuilds.

Im sorry. I just feel we deserve better. The Bulls front office and ownership has not recipricated the support theyve had.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The Bulls are the third biggest market in the NBA.

The Bulls have the fourth highest ticket price on avg in the league.

This is all due to loyal support of us. Their fans.

How have we been rewrded?

A barely 500 record since 98

Forcing their fans to have to endure three rebuilds.

Im sorry. I just feel we deserve better. The Bulls front office and ownership has not recipricated the support theyve had.

We were supposed to be rewarded by paying Tyrus Thomas and Ben Gordon like the Bobcats are doing :dunno:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But I wouldnt call him injury prone.
:lmao: bynum isn't injury prone? GTFO out of here

then who is? he's had multiple injuries in the same fucking area

Both of his injuries happened because one of his teammates rolled onto his knee.
1. pretty sure he's had 3 knee injuries, at least

2. i dont see how rolling on his knee changes anything...if it happens twice, are those both just unfortunate coincidences, or indicative of the fact that bynum's knees have resistance problems?

I also stated i would love to see them go after James Harden
maybe..i could see the thunder possibly having interest in noah

Again, its my understanding this isnt true. They can go as far over the cap as they want. There is no hard cap in the NBA.

soft cap means there are exceptions...bynum does not constitute any of the exceptions..they can't max any big moves,technically, from other teams unless they do sign and trades

they can go well over the cap, but that's missing the point

I still think youre missing my point. Think about this
i understand your point, but you're just bitching to bitch, at this point

every team loses out on big name FAs, even big market teams

luxury, not luxery lol

the luxury tax has been around since 03

and the bulls have a problem with throwing around contracts as is....

it takes two sides to make a deal

so,basically, more inane statements?

did you want the bulls to keep brand,artest, and company?

how would that work out now? would this team have a young player to build around like rose?

do you think an early 2000s team like that would actually win a title?

what did you want the bulls to actually do?

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we shoulda payed Ben Gordon

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
:lmao: bynum isn't injury prone? GTFO out of here

then who is? he's had multiple injuries in the same fucking area

Greg Oden is injury prone. Guys rolling on your knee is no more injury prone that a player landing on someones foot and breaking an ankle.
1. pretty sure he's had 3 knee injuries, at least

2. i dont see how rolling on his knee changes anything...if it happens twice, are those both just unfortunate coincidences, or indicative of the fact that bynum's knees have resistance problems?

maybe..i could see the thunder possibly having interest in noah
Again, why cant we keep both? We trade Noah for Harden and now were gonna have to search for Noahs replacement

soft cap means there are exceptions...bynum does not constitute any of the exceptions..they can't max any big moves,technically, from other teams unless they do sign and trades

they can go well over the cap, but that's missing the point
[BIts not missing the point. They can go as far over the cap as they want. Its just gonna cost them[/B]

i understand your point, but you're just bitching to bitch, at this point
Its called holding them to a standard we as fans deserve. Theyre making big time money and recieving big time support. But not reciprocating.

every team loses out on big name FAs, even big market teams

They havnt landed one. Not one superstar.

luxury, not luxery lol

the luxury tax has been around since 03

and the bulls have a problem with throwing around contracts as is....

it takes two sides to make a deal
Bullshit. That may fly every so often. But never? Your reasoning is just a lame excuse. And you know what they say about excuses.

so,basically, more inane statements?

did you want the bulls to keep brand,artest, and company?

how would that work out now? would this team have a young player to build around like rose?

do you think an early 2000s team like that would actually win a title?

what did you want the bulls to actually do?

Theyre a big market team making big market profits but the franchise is run like a mid market franchise. Thats my problem. Im not saying Brand, Artest an co wouulve won on their own. If you read my whole post I also included a top notch SG.
Theyre always a player or two away. They just do have the balls to make things happen.

I want them to act like a big market and put a legit winner on the floor. Not pinch pennies.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Theyre a big market team making big market profits but the franchise is run like a mid market franchise. Thats my problem. Im not saying Brand, Artest an co wouulve won on their own. If you read my whole post I also included a top notch SG.
Theyre always a player or two away. They just do have the balls to make things happen.

I want them to act like a big market and put a legit winner on the floor. Not pinch pennies.

What "top tier" SG was available at the price the Bulls could afford?

This isn't baseball where teams can spend at no limit.

Last edited:

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
What "top tier" SG was available at the price the Bulls the Bulls could afford?

This isn't baseball where teams can spend at no limit.

I-DONT-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE_o_83240.jpg

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

So finishing with the best record twice in a row means nothing? ECF appearance on a young team? IDK why you bring New York into this as a team that you want us to emulate, then we wouldn't have what we do have, but you would be happy, because we would have a top 3 payroll every season.

:nothankyou:

97Bulls

Liked Posts:
So finishing with the best record twice in a row means nothing? ECF appearance on a young team? IDK why you bring New York into this as a team that you want us to emulate, then we wouldn't have what we do have, but you would be happy, because we would have a top 3 payroll every season.

:nothankyou:

Thats a great accomplishment. I would like to see them keep the momntum going. Granted Rose is injured. But this team has proven they can hold it down for a while without Rose. But I feel like were taking a step back. And understand, Im not bringing up just New York into this a team to emulate. I also mentioned the Lakers, and Heat, and the Celtics. Throw Dallas into the mix as well.