In recent memory, I don’t remember a more talked about regular season game for the Chicago Bears. In a way it has a Super Bowl preview type feel to it as the Houston Texans (7-1) come into Soldier Field to take on the Chicago Bears (7-1).
The Bears are fresh off another dominating performance from their defense as they routed the Tennessee Titans 52-10. The Texans are also coming off a win against the Bills.
Here are some pregame tidbits to get you ready for tomorrow nights game on the lake front in Chicago.
- Bears quarterback Jay Cutler needs 171 yards to pass Jim McMahon for third most in Bears history.
- Want to see a fun stat? The Bears defense has scored more touchdowns than some teams have passing….all season. Take a look here.
- Bear weather? I don’t think so. The last time the Texans were in Chicago was 2004. It didn’t end well for the Bears, as the box score suggests. And yes, that was David Carr quarterbacking the Texans.
- As for the last time the two teams met? You have to go back to the Neckbeard days of Chicago. That was week 17 2008 in Houston. The Bears had a chance for a playoff berth, but fell to the Texans.
- Here’s a nice stat from ProFootballFocus on Jay Cutler and his time to throw.
- Did Obama win the election because of this comment? Probably not, but good to know our President supports our Bears.
- SportingNews has J.J. Watt and not Charles Tillman winning the mid-season Defensive Player of the Year award….by a landslide.
- The very lovely Amy Freeze gives us a preview of the weather for the game.
- With Jeffery out, Chicago looks for another receiver to step up as the Texans “plan to double Marshall” according to Wade Phillips. Earl Bennett is a great candidate.
- Jeffery was limited in practice and wont play in Sundays game. He could be back for the game at San Fransisco.
- The Bears are 1-5 in Sunday Night games with Jay Cutler at QB.
- ESPN.coms Sunday Night picks. Majority taking Da Bears.
- As always, come discuss the game with us at our Bears forum! You can find it here..
For More Great Chicago Sports Content
Follow us on Twitter at @chicitysports23 for more great content. We appreciate you taking time to read our articles. To interact more with our community and keep up to date on the latest in Chicago sports news, JOIN OUR FREE FACEBOOK GROUP by CLICKING HERE